Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Relax @bookbabe626 lol, we wasn’t being “dishonest”. We told them they were our guests and not staying at the YC. If it wasnt allowed the CM should have told us so and they would not have been let in. Too be fair it was 8pm and the pool was not crowded and it was 3 little kids wanting to swim. Maybe the CM was just being nice idk but as I said maybe we were lucky.

Last edited:
Relax lol, we wasnt being “dishonest. We told them they were our guests and not staying at the YC. If it wasnt allowed the CM should have told us so and they would not have been let in.

Why put the CM into the position of being the Bad Guy? Maybe they felt like they didn’t want to deal with the potential drama of turning you away, especially if they were alone and it was a larger group? I’m sure CMs have seen all the same “crazy guest fight” stories and videos that we have, I’m not sure I’d put myself into a possible confrontation situation if I were them, especially given the current climate in the parks. Sure, you and your friends might have been willing to leave peacefully if told no entry, but how is the CM to know that? The signs say “for use by guests of YC/BC only” so IMO you put the CM into a difficult position by asking them to knowingly break the rules.

Why put the CM into the position of being the Bad Guy? Maybe they felt like they didn’t want to deal with the potential drama of turning you away, especially if they were alone and it was a larger group? I’m sure CMs have seen all the same “crazy guest fight” stories and videos that we have, I’m not sure I’d put myself into a possible confrontation situation if I were them, especially given the current climate in the parks. Sure, you and your friends might have been willing to leave peacefully if told no entry, but how is the CM to know that? The signs say “for use by guests of YC/BC only” so IMO you put the CM into a difficult position by asking them to knowingly break the rules.

While I agree it’s wrong to have guests who aren’t staying at the resort use the pool, it’s the CM’s job to tell the facts and the right information. I personally don’t care if they feel like the bad guy or don’t want to deal with someone not liking the answer. That’s their job. Answer questions that they actually know the answer to.

That’s just me though

Until you’re the one that can’t find a lounger because of all the extra non-resort people at the pool…
I'm assuming that if it were crowded, the CM would have said no... she said there was hardly anyone in there, so the CM said yes.

I get it that it's for hotel guests... and that's why they have someone checking bands.... but if there is availability, why not. If there are lots of guests in there, or if they anticipate due to time of day, etc., then of course, no extras should be allowed.

Too be fair it was 8pm and the pool was not crowded and it was 3 little kids wanting to swim. Maybe the CM was just being nice idk but as I said maybe we were lucky.
I noticed that SAB never looks very crowded at night. I mostly see families enjoying the pool at night. :)

Relax @bookbabe626 lol, we wasn’t being “dishonest”. We told them they were our guests and not staying at the YC. If it wasnt allowed the CM should have told us so and they would not have been let in. Too be fair it was 8pm and the pool was not crowded and it was 3 little kids wanting to swim. Maybe the CM was just being nice idk but as I said maybe we were lucky.
Not trying to be rude...but for the guest that paid BIG BUCKS to stay there is not very fair for them . Its already hard enough to even find chairs to lounge in let alone have room to enjoy the pool. Like the other posts has said please go to the water parks and enjoy the family . And please don't put CM in an awkward situation. Even if you go at 8pm and word gets out that they are allowing other guest in ... when would it stop!

I'm assuming that if it were crowded, the CM would have said no... she said there was hardly anyone in there, so the CM said yes.

I get it that it's for hotel guests... and that's why they have someone checking bands.... but if there is availability, why not. If there are lots of guests in there, or if they anticipate due to time of day, etc., then of course, no extras should be allowed.

Why not? Because YC/BC guests have PAID for the use of that pool, empty or otherwise, and the non-resort guests have NOT. It’s really a very simple concept. Use the pool where you have paid to stay. Don’t use the pool where you have not paid to stay.

Reminds me of that internet meme/story that was floating around about people using their neighbour’s pool when they weren’t home, because “there’s availability, so why not?”

No offense taken…. but I am one of those guests who paid BIG BUCKS to stay there as well, and as a PP stated the pool was not crowded so I was being considerate of other guests, we asked and the CM said YES. No harm, no foul.
And not to get off topic but talking about big bucks paid have you ever stayed at the Poly or GF? Granted their pools are no where near as nice as YC but you sure pay a lot more to stay there and the CM do barely anything to stop pool hoppers so be easy..lol

Last edited:
Why not? Because YC/BC guests have PAID for the use of that pool, empty or otherwise, and the non-resort guests have NOT. It’s really a very simple concept. Use the pool where you have paid to stay. Don’t use the pool where you have not paid to stay.

Right. Especially because Disney’s specific policy is that pools are for the use of guests at that resort. For all pools. Kind of like 2 guests pay to enter Blizzard Beach, but it’s not too crowded that day, so they ask for their 5 other family members to enter & swim too. Why not??? It’s not crowded. :rolleyes: Heck, I bought tickets to DAH for tomorrow. It’s not sold out. Maybe I should ask to have a couple of family members come in with me. Hey, why not??? Maybe the CM at the gate won’t care if I ask nice. So what if they didn’t pay. :sad2:

Last edited:
If you want to get YC/BC lovers riled up, just mention trying to get 7 unregistered guests into SAB. Them's fightin' words. ;)
Wow, I thought you were exaggerating, but then I kept scrolling! :headache: Yikes.

Ok, nobody but resort guests can get into SAB. And I won't ask my neighbor to use his pool ever again. Someone bring up a new topic ASAP!

Has anyone seen a renovated BCV room yet?

okie doke it’s a brand new Monday morning.
A brand new week and new topic of conversation.
February isn’t too far away- does the resort do anything special for Valentine’s Day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter