Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow, I've booked a standard room and this review is making me nervous. From the map on TP I see that the standard rooms are pretty much all in a row on the 4th floor. Are they all at risk of being under this lounge or food service area?
Nope, I think there are only two or three. We often stay standard view and have never had this problem before. Typically we're further down the hall to the right of the porte cochere/big shared balcony and those rooms have been much quieter.

I was at BCV the week of Thanksgiving and I completely forgot to check…..
Does Cape May serve turkey on Thanksgiving? I know Marketplace offered a turkey meal with all the sides.
Anyone happen to be there at Thanksgiving and remember if Cape May served turkey along with their regular menu items?
Thx

Are they back to serving hot food again at Hurricane Hanna's? Also, is there a mug refill station there? I cannot remember refilling our mugs there in the past, but my DH thinks we did.

Are they back to serving hot food again at Hurricane Hanna's? Also, is there a mug refill station there? I cannot remember refilling our mugs there in the past, but my DH thinks we did.
Yes there is a mug refill station. I believe they are back to having done hot food. Check out the menu in MDE.

It's been almost 3 years since I've been to Disney (I had my last trip interrupted when the parks closed in March 2020). DH and I are FINALLY making a return trip, staying at the Yacht Club from March 9-18, and I have a couple of questions.

First, are in room toiletries still provided (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap)? I know that the H2O line has been discontinued but I wasn't sure if that had impacted the resorts yet and/or if a new line of products is appearing. Basically, I don't want to pack 10 days' worth of shower essentials if Disney's still providing something in room :)

Also, I've read that, since the last time I stayed at Disney, mousekeeping is no longer considered a "tipped" position. Does anyone know if that's the case and/or know what's considered appropriate here? The last time I stayed at the Beach Club, it was our habit to leave a tip of $4-5 per day for mousekeeping and I'm more than happy to keep tipping if it's still the norm. I'm coming from Canada so don't normally carry US cash and just want to make sure I get enough from the bank before our trip. Would love to know what others are doing with regards to mousekeeping tips :)

It's been almost 3 years since I've been to Disney (I had my last trip interrupted when the parks closed in March 2020). DH and I are FINALLY making a return trip, staying at the Yacht Club from March 9-18, and I have a couple of questions.

First, are in room toiletries still provided (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap)? I know that the H2O line has been discontinued but I wasn't sure if that had impacted the resorts yet and/or if a new line of products is appearing. Basically, I don't want to pack 10 days' worth of shower essentials if Disney's still providing something in room :)

Also, I've read that, since the last time I stayed at Disney, mousekeeping is no longer considered a "tipped" position. Does anyone know if that's the case and/or know what's considered appropriate here? The last time I stayed at the Beach Club, it was our habit to leave a tip of $4-5 per day for mousekeeping and I'm more than happy to keep tipping if it's still the norm. I'm coming from Canada so don't normally carry US cash and just want to make sure I get enough from the bank before our trip. Would love to know what others are doing with regards to mousekeeping tips :)
Toiletries are still provided - as of now, it's still H20 in the rooms - who knows how much back stock Disney has of it before they switch to something new.

Mousekeeping is not categorized as a tipped position, but they are allowed to take tips. You just have to really make sure they are labeled. During our last trip, I left a couple dollars by the dirty coffee cups on the counter thinking they would know that was the tip - when we came back to the room, the coffee cups had been cleaned up, but the money was still there. The next day, I put a little note that said "Thank you" with it and they did take it.

I've read that, since the last time I stayed at Disney, mousekeeping is no longer considered a "tipped" position. Does anyone know if that's the case and/or know what's considered appropriate here? The last time I stayed at the Beach Club, it was our habit to leave a tip of $4-5 per day for mousekeeping and I'm more than happy to keep tipping if it's still the norm.
We've always left a tip for housekeeping on our departure day. The deluxe resorts are supposed to once again have full housekeeping services, like it was before the pandemic.

As far as I know, there has been no change to how mousekeeping is categorized. Some people tip mousekeeping, some people don't. It can be kind of a hot button topic -- one of those things that many people are absolutely positively convinced that they are right and anybody who says otherwise is wrong (for both sides of the argument).

Although I seldom disagree with @Wood Nymph, I will say that some of the people who do tip mousekeeping feel that you shouldn't wait until the last day of your trip to tip, because the person who gets the tip might not be the person who did the work for all the other days of your trip.

I was at the YC CL for 11 days in December. Housekeeping was dally. I tipped 20 on my 4th, 8th and last day. H2O products were available daily. However I don’t know if CL was different than non CL I had soaps, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, toothpaste and toothbrushes, shower caps, body lotion and body wash. All individually available not in attached bottles on the wall. Hope this helps.

Hello fellow Canadian! In the states I tend to leave $5/day for housekeeping.

I will say that some of the people who do tip mousekeeping feel that you shouldn't wait until the last day of your trip to tip, because the person who gets the tip might not be the person who did the work for all the other days of your trip.
Many guests tip on checkout day or add an extra tip amount since this is usually the day the mousekeeper spends the most time cleaning your room to prepare it for the next guests.

Dave

I don’t know if CL was different than non CL I had soaps, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, toothpaste and toothbrushes, shower caps, body lotion and body wash. All individually available not in attached bottles on the wall. Hope this helps.
Club level rooms receive more toiletries than regular rooms. The non-club level rooms don't have things like toothbrushes and toothpaste, etc. But I would think that if you are in a regular room and forgot your toothbrush, housekeeper might be able to bring one to you. :)

Thanks everyone for your "tips" on tipping! On a related note, can the front desk make change (for instance, providing me with four $5 bills if I provide a $20)? I wasn't sure if they still kept cash on hand.

Thanks everyone for your "tips" on tipping! On a related note, can the front desk make change (for instance, providing me with four $5 bills if I provide a $20)? I wasn't sure if they still kept cash on hand.
My husband does this all the time at the front des at the Boardwalk Inn.

I always figure out how much cash I'll need for tips (like for airport transportation, bell services, housekeeping) and get a bunch of $5's and $10's at the bank before I leave. My bank always seems to have plenty of US currency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter