Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We leave Saturday, headed for BCV. I SO hope it’s fixed by then, my DS is looking so forward to swimming there. Last time we stayed, every time we got ready to swim, it was closed for lightening

We leave Saturday, headed for BCV. I SO hope it’s fixed by then, my DS is looking so forward to swimming there. Last time we stayed, every time we got ready to swim, it was closed for lightening
checking out now. Looks like pool is open again. There is a sign in the lobby that there will be no water from 1-4am though

I'm working on my room request(s) for my April17-24 BC Water View stay, and am using Touring Plans to find the views that I'm most interested in. In the past, I have also constructed a "TP Room Request" document that they will send about a month before arrival date.

I have done this for most trips in the past with mixed results, (especially since they went to a centralized room assignment system - and TP started sending an email at 30 days out rather than the old fax at 5 days prior to arrival). What I really want is a room that minimizes the need for using the elevators, since I use a scooter, and loading is really challenging when there are a lot of other folks wanting to get on or off, or are already on when you want to get on. And since I have a Water/pool reservation, I'd like to request Lake view rather than pool view, with a full balcony since I spend a good amount of time in the AM and in the evening sitting on it with a beverage watching the boats and people. Not interested in a pool view at all.

So I will be asking for either 1st floor, (so I don't have to worry about the elevator at al), or 4th floor on the Epcot side so it's the highest floor, (much easier to load the scooter than when there are already people on from upper floors.)

Since I'm traveling alone, I really don't care about the bed situation - 2 queens, 1 king, daybed or no daybed - all would work great,.

I looked at the floor plan map and will give them examples of quite a few different room that would really work well on both the 1st and the 4th floors.

So, after all that, I'm asking here what kind of response have folks here gotten when doing the TP room request? I know they are "requests" and there are definitely no guarantees of getting what is requested, but do you think I need to also call in and have these requests put on my reservation, or has there been decent success with the TP form?

I'm working on my room request(s) for my April17-24 BC Water View stay, and am using Touring Plans to find the views that I'm most interested in. In the past, I have also constructed a "TP Room Request" document that they will send about a month before arrival date.

I have done this for most trips in the past with mixed results, (especially since they went to a centralized room assignment system - and TP started sending an email at 30 days out rather than the old fax at 5 days prior to arrival). What I really want is a room that minimizes the need for using the elevators, since I use a scooter, and loading is really challenging when there are a lot of other folks wanting to get on or off, or are already on when you want to get on. And since I have a Water/pool reservation, I'd like to request Lake view rather than pool view, with a full balcony since I spend a good amount of time in the AM and in the evening sitting on it with a beverage watching the boats and people. Not interested in a pool view at all.

So I will be asking for either 1st floor, (so I don't have to worry about the elevator at al), or 4th floor on the Epcot side so it's the highest floor, (much easier to load the scooter than when there are already people on from upper floors.)

Since I'm traveling alone, I really don't care about the bed situation - 2 queens, 1 king, daybed or no daybed - all would work great,.

I looked at the floor plan map and will give them examples of quite a few different room that would really work well on both the 1st and the 4th floors.

So, after all that, I'm asking here what kind of response have folks here gotten when doing the TP room request? I know they are "requests" and there are definitely no guarantees of getting what is requested, but do you think I need to also call in and have these requests put on my reservation, or has there been decent success with the TP form?
I have had 0 success with TP. Last time, I called instead. We were upgraded from Woods to Water view.

We're in the same "boat", only we're staying Garden View on the YC side. My mom will be using a scooter and I'd like to avoid the elevator as much as possible as well. I'd love to have a 1st floor room. We have TP but have never used it for a room request. We arrive early in the morning (8:30ish) but I think we'd rather have a 1st floor room than have "early check-in" if it came down to it. I may just use the chat feature to have the request added to our reservation.

We're in the same "boat", only we're staying Garden View on the YC side. My mom will be using a scooter and I'd like to avoid the elevator as much as possible as well. I'd love to have a 1st floor room. We have TP but have never used it for a room request. We arrive early in the morning (8:30ish) but I think we'd rather have a 1st floor room than have "early check-in" if it came down to it. I may just use the chat feature to have the request added to our reservation.
I have stayed at the Yacht Club in a garden room a couple of times now using a scooter. Once we had two scooters in the room. If you request a first level, that works out pretty well. They put us over by the tennis courts, but it was very close to the marketplace and a pretty darn convenient to everything. I'm sure other rooms are great too.

One time we ended up on the third floor however, and it was a challenge with the elevators.

I did call yesterday and spoke to a cast member who wrote down all of my requests, and hopefully the number of rooms that I think will meet my needs will give them plenty of opportunity to find something that will work.

We are looking at doing a split stay over Spring break with a value resort on our park days and then either Yacht or Beach club is available for our couple of rest days. We are mostly just interested in having Stormalong Bay for the kids to enjoy. There is $5 difference between the two so does it really matter which one we pick? We've never stayed in the Epcot area. Has one been refurbished more recently? Or anything else to consider? Thanks!

We are looking at doing a split stay over Spring break with a value resort on our park days and then either Yacht or Beach club is available for our couple of rest days. We are mostly just interested in having Stormalong Bay for the kids to enjoy. There is $5 difference between the two so does it really matter which one we pick? We've never stayed in the Epcot area. Has one been refurbished more recently? Or anything else to consider? Thanks!
We like Yacht Club for the no carpet/nicer rooms .
Both are great resorts!

Both are great resorts!
With only a $5 difference, it’s really a personal preference. Check out photos or videos online.

I like YC better as well, but I just prefer the style. I think YC was refurbed one year later than BC, but neither was that recently (around 2017/2018). One thing about YC is that 99% (or pretty close) of rooms have a full balcony.

Both are great resorts!

With only a $5 difference, it’s really a personal preference. Check out photos or videos online.

I like YC better as well, but I just prefer the style. I think YC was refurbed one year later than BC, but neither was that recently (around 2017/2018). One thing about YC is that 99% (or pretty close) of rooms have a full balcony.
Thank you all! In doing some more research, it seems as though Yacht Club still allows pets. Is that in all floors/all rooms or are they limited to an area?? Our daughter has a pet allergy and that would be a no-go if we ended up in a pet friendly room. Just having shared bedding from room to room might be enough to make me have to go with Beach Club. (We recently had an experience where we booked a cheap night before a flight and once we got there realized it was a pet friendly hotel and her eyes started watering and nose running when she got in the bed. She is an average size 10 year old and ended up sleeping in DS pack n play with our own pillow/blanket we brought from home! She actually said she was quite comfy, but I would hate to do that when we would know ahead!) I think I may have just answered my own question...Beach Club it is and fingers crossed for a full balcony!

Hmmm, I think they are supposed to be in a certain area (1st floor near the quiet pool back of resort where “dog park/bathroom area” is, however, I’ve seen reports on the boards of them occasionally being in other areas. If your daughters allergy is severe and you don’t want to worry or second guess your room, perhaps the BC (with a request for a balcony) might be a safer option. I love the YC, but would hate for her to be uncomfortable or sick and ruin your trip.

Thank you all! In doing some more research, it seems as though Yacht Club still allows pets. Is that in all floors/all rooms or are they limited to an area?? Our daughter has a pet allergy and that would be a no-go if we ended up in a pet friendly room. Just having shared bedding from room to room might be enough to make me have to go with Beach Club. (We recently had an experience where we booked a cheap night before a flight and once we got there realized it was a pet friendly hotel and her eyes started watering and nose running when she got in the bed. She is an average size 10 year old and ended up sleeping in DS pack n play with our own pillow/blanket we brought from home! She actually said she was quite comfy, but I would hate to do that when we would know ahead!) I think I may have just answered my own question...Beach Club it is and fingers crossed for a full balcony!
I think there is a special VIP Allergy Cleaning you can request. If it's still offered, you might want to do it. At any resort, it's possible that the previous guest in your room had a service dog.

PP mentioned the balcony issue - if having a balcony is important to you, more Yacht Club rooms have balconies than Beach Club rooms.

Also, I think there are rooms at Yacht Club which have a shower only, no bath tub. So that's another consideration for some families.

Hi. We checked into the Yacht Club in the early morning (maybe 9:30 a.m.) last month and we went to the front desk and though our room wasn't ready the CM was very helpful in finding us a room that fit our needs. So, if you too are arriving early, I would be sure to stop by the front desk and see if they can assign a room to you that also fits your needs. I was very impressed with the CM that morning. Enjoy. It's a great resort!

I would definitely go Beach Club, being uncomfortable on vacation is the worst! Plus, with the resorts having so many similarities, it's just easier to avoid the pet allergy issue all together. I would recommend taking a look at the touring plans Beach Club room layout, I found it helpful to see notes on the rooms. Also its an older YouTube video from 2021, but it shows the rooms at Beach Club if your looking for the best option! Room requests are never guaranteed, but it's good to know your options!

Last edited:
I can tell you for a fact that dogs were in the Yacht Club, Club Level last July(2022) when we were there. The guests checked in for two nights next to us, and they left their two dogs in the room adjoining us within the hour of their arrival - their dogs barked nonstop from then through 1-2 in the morning when we called about the noise. We opened our door to find two security guards and several other guests - most with small children that we recognized from the lounge - standing outside the doors in our hallway. The people with the dogs didn't return until almost 3 am, and that's when the dogs stopped barking. That said, if a dog had been in our room, I would never have known, and my son and I have severe allergies(but also have a hypoallergenic dog). The rooms and bedding were immaculate and we saw other dogs with their owners outside only in very specific areas, so you could avoid those areas. However, we are HUGE fans of the Beach Club and consider it our "home" at Disney - you will love it there!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter