• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi -

Can anyone confirm if YC still has the Coke freestyle machines at the Ale and Compass marketplace? When we were there in December they had gotten rid of them from BC (much to our disappointment) but YC still had them. We are staying at YC in April, so wanted to see if anyone knew if they were still there.
Yes, we just got back from a YC stay last week and I can confirm they had two Coke freestyle machines in the marketplace :)

Yes, we just got back from a YC stay last week and I can confirm they had two Coke freestyle machines in the marketplace :)
Good to know! We’ll be purchasing at least one refillable mug for our upcoming BCV stay. We’re doing a split stay, so if I buy at the other resort, I can bring with me to BC and refill there as well? Or do I need to purchase one again when we get to BC?

Editing to add that if we want the Freestyle choices, we can walk over to YC Market and use the machine there?

Good to know! We’ll be purchasing at least one refillable mug for our upcoming BCV stay. We’re doing a split stay, so if I buy at the other resort, I can bring with me to BC and refill there as well? Or do I need to purchase one again when we get to BC?

Editing to add that if we want the Freestyle choices, we can walk over to YC Market and use the machine there?
Yes, the YC Freestyle machines are still there (BC are not). I didn’t get a mug but was told they are good at any resort for up to 14 days, so you shouldn’t need to buy another one.

Hi everyone! Quick question to get some opinions: My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip together in late August-early September for a 7 night, 8 day trip. After 5 years of convincing, we are going to be there for my birthday and his first trip. Staying at Yacht and Beach was a no brainer to us, but now as the time is ticking down on the dining card offer, I want to make sure we are making the best choice.

I currently have a BC Standard view reserved for $5302 total (room, tickets $1050 dining card), but the standard view rooms seem kinda eh (I know its standard haha) Garden is already sold out for our dates, so I looked over a YC.

YC offers a garden room view $5530 total (room, tickets $1050 dining card), so a difference of $228 which isn't a deal breaker for us. We both like the BC theming a bit more then YC, but if we can get a better view at YC then at BC is it worth it to switch?

I've stayed in both resorts prior and think it's a toss up, just because of how similar they are. Just looking to get others opinions on standard BC vs garden YC rooms before the dining deal ends!

I've stayed in both resorts prior and think it's a toss up, just because of how similar they are. Just looking to get others opinions on standard BC vs garden YC rooms before the dining deal ends!

My family members were in a standard view room at BC. This was their view.

D0E104AE-9DE5-4122-9752-BFD0EABAA8DE.jpeg

Some of YC’s garden view rooms might just be trees, some are a lot nicer. But I don’t think this view would make a good impression for a first time visitor. If money isn’t an issue, personally I’d go for a better view. Especially if you hope to get him back again. ;)

Also, if you plan to use the balcony, almost every room at YC has a full balcony, BC doesn’t.

Hi everyone! Quick question to get some opinions: My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip together in late August-early September for a 7 night, 8 day trip. After 5 years of convincing, we are going to be there for my birthday and his first trip. Staying at Yacht and Beach was a no brainer to us, but now as the time is ticking down on the dining card offer, I want to make sure we are making the best choice.

I currently have a BC Standard view reserved for $5302 total (room, tickets $1050 dining card), but the standard view rooms seem kinda eh (I know its standard haha) Garden is already sold out for our dates, so I looked over a YC.

YC offers a garden room view $5530 total (room, tickets $1050 dining card), so a difference of $228 which isn't a deal breaker for us. We both like the BC theming a bit more then YC, but if we can get a better view at YC then at BC is it worth it to switch?

If money is no issue, I would switch to YC for a better view and to guarantee I have a balcony. A large percentage of BC rooms have no real balcony.

ETA: I also think YC has better QS food especially for breakfast. When sharing buses, YC is the first stop which is also a plus.

Last edited:

YC garden views aren't necessarily very exciting. Here is one of the garden views that we had at the YC.
3126 view 1.JPG

This is a standard view room at the Beach Club. You can see the flat roof but you can also see past it to Storm Along
Bay.

img_3468_zpstpwownzg-jpg.251910

Last edited:

I’d go with YC garden view. Some of the standard views are bad, and while some of the garden views can be boring, I’d rather look at grass and trees than a roof. Also, I think the YC rooms are much, much nicer. On our last stay at BC, we thought the room looked tired and needed updating and that was almost two years ago, plus I think almost all rooms except for a few at YC have a balcony.

disneys-beach-club-resort

Put in your room type, check out the floors, and look at the rooms and their views. Same with YC. You will get a better idea of what you can get

building - Here is standard views 2 beds

Some of the standard views are bad
Any advice for how to word room requests so as not to get one of the awful roof views at YC? We booked a Standard Room because of price and we don't plan to be in the room during the day so it won't really matter too much.

Is 4th floor better than 3rd in trying to avoid the roof view?

I don't understand why in building such a nice hotel you'd allow these terrible views to even exist? Surely there was another way....

If the price difference isn't a budget buster for you, we always choose YC over BC when possible. The upgraded view alone makes the price difference worthwhile. Also, YC offers full balconies versus the BC who has 50% standing (juliet) balconies. We also love the market at Ale and Compass at the YC.

Any advice for how to word room requests so as not to get one of the awful roof views at YC? We booked a Standard Room because of price and we don't plan to be in the room during the day so it won't really matter too much.

I don't understand why in building such a nice hotel you'd allow these terrible views to even exist? Surely there was another way....

This is exactly why I’m questioning my decision at beach. For paying so much money just to have a room, I don’t want to look at a roof. The view isn’t a major factor for us, but the it seems like moving to yacht would give us more “options” within the garden room category. Also we are trying to request a king bed, so all the standard rooms in beach would be right above bell services. If you’re interested in third vs fourth floor check out, Yacht Club Room Views on Touring Plans. They even give you what text to put in the “room requests” form. They can’t make us all look at roofs right?!

This is exactly why I’m questioning my decision at beach. For paying so much money just to have a room, I don’t want to look at a roof. The view isn’t a major factor for us, but the it seems like moving to yacht would give us more “options” within the garden room category. Also we are trying to request a king bed, so all the standard rooms in beach would be right above bell services. If you’re interested in third vs fourth floor check out, Yacht Club Room Views on Touring Plans. They even give you what text to put in the “room requests” form. They can’t make us all look at roofs right?!
I would be very cautious about taking the Touring Plans room view finder as gospel, particularly for locations of king rooms. It’s notoriously slow to update and not always accurate. King rooms are also generally limited in number and tend to be in scattershot locations at most deluxes from my experience (I never request them for that reason even though I prefer them, because location is most important to me, but I tend to get placed in them as a frequent solo guest). Beach has corner king rooms and I ended up in one once when booked standard that had the crappy roof view out one window but SAB view out the other. The bad thing is I was a mile from the lobby. I was only there for a long weekend so it didn’t really matter but on a longer stay that would have been super annoying. And btw Touring Plans didn’t have that room listed as a king, I checked out of curiosity.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve subscribed for years and have been pleased with my room requests through them, I’m just saying take it with a grain of salt. And you can and should edit those request fields to state what your most important priority is for a room. But ultimately the only way to guarantee the view you want is to pay for it, if it’s that important to you. BC/YC are the only deluxe resorts where booking standard is not the business imo. We are booked garden at Yacht on this upcoming trip.

I fell in love with BC during our first visit and swore I would NEVER stay at YC, just because BC is so pretty!! Then on one trip, there was nothing available at BC, so I ended up at YC..... Now, I prefer YC for all the reasons mentioned in previous posts - balcony, views, etc. I've also stayed at BWI, which is also very nice, but in order of preference, it's YC, BC, BWI.

My next trip in April is BC Water View, just because the AP special offer was great, and there was NOTHING at YC for my time frame. (I changed this reservation many many times!!!) I wrote and re-wrote, edited and re-edited my TP room request and hopefully will get something like what I am looking for. I also called and had them put the same requests on my reservation.

Requests, of course are just that, and not guaranteed. Over the years, I probably have gotten probably little more than half of what I requested, and sometimes even stopped at the front desk to see if there was something else available. Occasionally, I got lucky, but often not.

At the end of the day, being in a Disney Crescent Lake Deluxe resort is my number one priority, and if I can't get exactly what I'm requesting, there's always next time!

HINT: I always bring along a room chart so if I get a room assignment text/email before I arrive, I know where it is and can stop at the desk if necessary before lugging stuff all the way to the room before finding out.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve subscribed for years and have been pleased with my room requests through them, I’m just saying take it with a grain of salt. And you can and should edit those request fields to state what your most important priority is for a room. But ultimately the only way to guarantee the view you want is to pay for it, if it’s that important to you. BC/YC are the only deluxe resorts where booking standard is not the business imo. We are booked garden at Yacht on this upcoming trip.
I'll be using the TP room request tool, but I saw that someone asked for "Not a roof view" and got a roof view. I know this could either mean they couldn't accomodate the request or they used the word they saw, which was "roof". So I don't want to mention the word "roof" in mine. It won't be a deal breaker for us if it is a roof view, but if I can avoid it, I will. Also, we are transferring from Universal and will be arriving late that night as it's our 2nd Uni park day, so I doubt we'll be able to request a change if it's the worst of the worst views.

I saw that some Standard rooms face out above the carport and front entrance. Is it particularly loud over there? I do like that we'd be close to the bus stop in those rooms. I've never stayed at YC so I don't know enough to be super picky.

Agree that there are so many rooms on property that it's impossible for the room finder to stay 100% up-to-date at all times. That's why I don't plan to request a particular room number. If it ends up being a bad view, we'll just close the drapes!

Just a heads up that you may encounter issues refilling your mug at the second resort. It happened to me on a split stay where the mug I got from GF wouldn’t work at YC. If that happens just tell the CM at the counter and they can reactivate it. I keep my receipts just in case after that.
That's a very good tip! I'll keep my receipt for that purchase handy in my wallet instead of crumpled in the bottom of my bag, pockets, etc... LOL!

What exactly could be done to avoid such views? The hotel design is that lower floors jut out further than higher floors. Many guest rooms are in higher floors so above the rooflines of lower floors. Should they just have less rooms so they don’t have guest rooms in those areas? The bad view rooms are designated as standard view, the description on the booking page actually says “view of rooftop or parking area”. So you know what you’re getting when you book. Yes there are a few standard view rooms that don’t, but the majority of rooms are designated standard because they have such views. The way to avoid those views is to book a higher category.

@focusondisney I was mostly just lamenting that they built the hotel in such a way as to allow bad views. It could have been avoided with some forethought. For example, you don't see that in the Riviera design. Maybe it wasn't something the designers of that era thought about. It is what it is. We will have a great trip even if we get stuck with a roof view, and we will have saved some money as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter