Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Was there any advance notice ? I am miffed they stopped suddenly on the villas and jumped to the resort. So the villas are left hanging now till late Autumn 🫤
Regarding why they are starting to work on Beach Club Resort when they stopped working on Beach Club Villas after the top 2 floors were done, without starting the bottom floors at the Villas:

I wonder if it's a supply issue. There are things which go into the villas but do not go into the regular hotel rooms (Murphy beds, for example).

Edited to add: Uh oh, this is how rumors get started. Nobody quote me on this! I have no knowledge. I'm just pondering.

Last edited:
I had a small heart attack seeing this post about refurb, we arrive at the YC tomorrow. I hope it's not a situation where a bunch of people are being moved from BC to YC without notice. Last time that happened we ended up with a downgraded room view. (they credited the difference but still a bummer)

If there's anything to report I'll post again tomorrow to let you guys know.

I had a small heart attack seeing this post about refurb, we arrive at the YC tomorrow. I hope it's not a situation where a bunch of people are being moved from BC to YC without notice. Last time that happened we ended up with a downgraded room view. (they credited the difference but still a bummer)

If there's anything to report I'll post again tomorrow to let you guys know.
Man talk about getting blindsided...I really feel for everyone with upcoming BC stays. Looks like we dodged a real bullet booking YC instead for next month but I'll be heated if they try to put us in standard when we have a garden/woods view because of this.

I wonder if it's a supply issue. There are things which go into the villas but do not go into the regular hotel rooms (Murphy beds, for example).

Edited to add: Uh oh, this is how rumors get started. Nobody quote me on this! I have no knowledge. I'm just pondering.

Might just be a guess, but it’s a good guess IMO.

They downgrade views? Oh man. We splurged on water view and were so excited.

Talk about a wet blanket day before trip. Oh well, what are you gonna do.

Wow they stopped working on the Beach Club villas after 2 floors completed . Delayed till late fall. Now are starting Beach Club Resort?
😔wish they would have finished the Villas before moving on…..
This is my question. Did they not finish remodel for dvc. Will they finish this year ?

This is my question. Did they not finish remodel for dvc. Will they finish this year ?
No they did not finish. It’s on hold till Fall. Who knows when and if they will actually finish, since mostly everything about it has been incorrect information.
Now, just jumping to the resort side 🤷🏼‍♀️.

So, they expect to be finished by early August? We arrive July 25 for 9 nights. Hopefully we will get a newly refurbished room and won't be impacted by noise. Anyone know what will be updated in the rooms? Can't be anything major if it will only take 3.5 months.

Do they call/notify you that it will be under construction? Or offer to move you to another resort? This has never happened to me before. :(

Do they call/notify you that it will be under construction? Or offer to move you to another resort? This has never happened to me before. :(

Presumably they have throttled reservation availability along the way so some floors/rooms will be open while others are closed and they have the guest count right. That’s a big assumption though and crosses into the realities and unpredictability of construction along with managing hotel occupancy.

Just returned from a 10 night stay, the first three at the BC and the next seven at the BCV.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't pay the extra money for a water view room at the BC again, since this was our "view..."
IMG_7606.jpeg

This was a ground floor room 1525. We didn't care all that much and we made no requests since we knew we would only be there 3 nights, but it does kind of stink that I could have saved some money and gone with the Garden view.

However, our Villa Room 534 view more than made up for it :love:
IMG_8273.jpeg

We never wanted to leave this room!

Just returned from a 10 night stay, the first three at the BC and the next seven at the BCV.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't pay the extra money for a water view room at the BC again, since this was our "view..."
View attachment 754147

This was a ground floor room 1525. We didn't care all that much and we made no requests since we knew we would only be there 3 nights, but it does kind of stink that I could have saved some money and gone with the Garden view.

However, our Villa Room 534 view more than made up for it :love:
View attachment 754150

We never wanted to leave this room!

Our favorite room at BC was 1523. Back in the day, that was not considered a water view and was not nearly as overgrown as it is now. :sad1:

I like the BCV view :thumbsup2, but not a fan of the higher floors. Hoping to get our requests of pool view, first or second floor in a few weeks.

+1^^^^^
The standard view rooms are not what I would like at all.
Normally it's not a big deal to me to be in standard view, but BC/YC is the only resort where I won't, and will pay extra for a view. I lucked out when I stayed standard at BC getting a corner king room where only one window looked on the ugly roof and the other looking out on SAB and the Boardwalk but I'd rather not leave it to pure luck to avoid the ugly roof view.

Back in the day, that was not considered a water view and was not nearly as overgrown as it is now. :sad1:

It really shouldn’t be considered a water view now but like I said, I wasn’t going to make a stink about it since we hardly spent time in the room those first three nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter