Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just returned from a 10 night stay, the first three at the BC and the next seven at the BCV.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't pay the extra money for a water view room at the BC again, since this was our "view..."
View attachment 754147

This was a ground floor room 1525. We didn't care all that much and we made no requests since we knew we would only be there 3 nights, but it does kind of stink that I could have saved some money and gone with the Garden view.

However, our Villa Room 534 view more than made up for it :love:
View attachment 754150

We never wanted to leave this room!
I have been a DVC member at the BC for 20 years and have always requested a woods view. I am so curious since you had this pool view, was there alot of noise from the pool at this location? I always request a higher floor, right about where you are and I've always wondered because I'd love a pool view, but if it got really noisy, I wouldn't.

I have been a DVC member at the BC for 20 years and have always requested a woods view. I am so curious since you had this pool view, was there alot of noise from the pool at this location? I always request a higher floor, right about where you are and I've always wondered because I'd love a pool view, but if it got really noisy, I wouldn't.

We had a pool view twice. The worst thing about it is the bright lights at night. They don't turn them off outside and it comes in through the curtains.

Attachments

• PXL_20230417_155609323.jpg
    PXL_20230417_155609323.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 43

The only thing I heard at night was the fireworks and then nothing. Maybe we were lucky, but there were never more than a handful of people in that pool and once the doors were closed, it was super quiet. I didn’t have a problem with the lights as a PP stated either because the blackout curtains were really effective.

The only thing I heard at night was the fireworks and then nothing. Maybe we were lucky, but there were never more than a handful of people in that pool and once the doors were closed, it was super quiet. I didn’t have a problem with the lights as a PP stated either because the blackout curtains were really effective.

Some pool view rooms have a weird door or corner window with different shades that are NOT blackout curtains. They are like horizontal flaps of fabric. They have major gaps on the sides and let a lot of light in.

Some pool view rooms have a weird door or corner window with different shades that are NOT blackout curtains. They are like horizontal flaps of fabric. They have major gaps on the sides and let a lot of light in.
Yes those doors have Roman shades for the door / window area and are not equal to blackout curtains. There are also a few windows that have the same issue. It works for us since we are early risers and it helps but at night it can be unnerving at night when you want a darkened room.

Dave

Guys, we got an EXCELLENT room! It's a corner with an extra long balcony, long entrance hallway, windows and a king bed!!! Awesome!!!
We once had a room in the corner on the third floor a few years ago. It had a standing balcony on the lake side of the room, and two windows facing the volleyball court. It also had a king bed and was an awesome room, especially since it was a free upgrade from a garden view.

We are here now with a garden view room facing the woods. We can hear the British band from our room.:)

It has been a great vacation so far, except for the cold rain on Monday, and the parks have not been crowded at all. :)

Last edited:
Crews Cup Lounge is back to having real food on its menu, like steak tip and Prime Rib. That is good news to us because we always like to take a casual dinner there. :)

We are checking out today. We were in room 1524, woods view, very close to Epcot. People walked past the room on their way to the parks, but it didn't bother us. We had a great trip and plan to be back at the Beach Club in October, as long as we can get a discount. ;)

We had daily housekeeping which was really nice since I like the coffee pods restocked daily. :)

Attachments

• IMG_5334.jpeg
    IMG_5334.jpeg
    48.6 KB · Views: 61
Crews Cup Lounge is back to having real food on its menu, like steak tip and Prime Rib. That is good news to us because we always like to take a casual dinner there. :)

This is great news. Now just need the burger to come back and for them to open at noon like they did way back in the day. :-). But I will take those onion rolls any way I can get them!

Hey guys! I’m enjoing my stay at Beach Club (everything is so perfect). But, let me say this:

At stormalong bay, it has been so hard to find spots to sit because….THERE ARE SO MANY CHAIRS AND BEDS WITH TOWELS THAT STAYS EMPY ALL DAY LONG!
Sorry, but I find this so annoying, disrespectful and crazy. Please, don’t be that kind of people. I can’t sit in a place that has a towel, I don’t want to take other people spots, I would feel bad about that, but it’s ridiculous that you have to Guess is someone is ever going to be back to a spot or no….

Apologies for this rant, But this week has been so wonderful that this is really something that was bothering my mind xD

Hey guys! I’m enjoing my stay at Beach Club (everything is so perfect). But, let me say this:

At stormalong bay, it has been so hard to find spots to sit because….THERE ARE SO MANY CHAIRS AND BEDS WITH TOWELS THAT STAYS EMPY ALL DAY LONG!
Sorry, but I find this so annoying, disrespectful and crazy. Please, don’t be that kind of people. I can’t sit in a place that has a towel, I don’t want to take other people spots, I would feel bad about that, but it’s ridiculous that you have to Guess is someone is ever going to be back to a spot or no….

Apologies for this rant, But this week has been so wonderful that this is really something that was bothering my mind xD

That is so annoying! We recently saw it’s not limited to SAB either. We stayed at WL & Dolphin for a few nights Easter weekend. When we went to the pool at WL, we couldn’t find any chairs. We finally found 2 sit up type chairs along the fence, behind an umbrella table. There were 5 chairs at that table, a dad sitting there with his family’s stuff all around. As we approached the 2 unoccupied chairs, my DH noticed a pair of men’s crocs near 1, nothing else there so I assumed someone just forgot them. We we started to put our stuff down & get ready to go in the pool, that dad got up in a huff. Came over & grabbed the shoes. DH said sorry, we didn’t know you were here, the dad said, you can sit there with a bit of an attitude. We went in the pool, came out about 20 minutes later. Dad’s family had returned & were eating lunch, it was mom & 3 small kids, one of them in a stroller. Only 4 of the 5 chairs they had at the table were occupied but apparently dad wanted 2 more chairs as well. We dried up for about 10 minutes & left. I’d bet money dad threw their stuff on the extra chairs as soon as we left.

At Dolphin, we walked past the 2 pools on our way to mini golf & back. We were considering coming to pool but same thing, couldn’t see any chair that didn’t have towels, belongings or a reserved sign, so we just skipped it.

Maybe the hotels ought to let you start reserving chairs. At least you wouldn’t have to wonder if you’ll be able to sit down at all.

Last edited:
I'm with you. I hate it. I don't do it. It drives me crazy when others do it. But I truly think that many people think it is acceptable. I think many think it is fair if they take the time to get up early and stake out a good spot with some towels and a few pair of shoes. I have to let it stop bothering me as much as it does. But I find it hard.

We are staying at BC in 30 days! Woo Hoo!
Just my daughter and I for an adult girl's trip. I am trying to figure out if we can bring our pool floats that are the exact same ones that they use in their lazy river?
I've seen posts that people have had to wait 45-60 min for a float so wanted to bring the same seat floats that they use. Is this allowed?
and if not what about pool noodles are we allowed to use those?
We stayed there in 2019 and saw some older ladies with pool noodles but were told they don't rent or sell them that those ladies brough their own.

They should just post a sign saying any unattended chairs will be utilized by current pool occupants. Or something of that nature. I have seen families approach a CM for help and the CM just grabbed the white towels off a row of seats. The pool on the YC side was not crowded but had every chair filled with just the white pool towels.
I myself have sat in the sun for an hour looking at a shade chair and finally went over and just moved the towel. Some of those chairs sit for hours which is ridiculous.

That is so annoying! We recently saw it’s not limited to SAB either. We stayed at WL & Dolphin for a few nights Easter weekend. When we went to the pool at WL, we couldn’t find any chairs. We finally found 2 sit up type chairs along the fence, behind an umbrella table. There were 5 chairs at that table, a dad sitting there with his family’s stuff all around. As we approached the 2 unoccupied chairs, my DH noticed a pair of men’s crocs near 1, nothing else there so I assumed someone just forgot them. We we started to put our stuff down & get ready to go in the pool, that dad got up in a huff. Came over & grabbed the shoes. DH said sorry, we didn’t know you were here, the dad said, you can sit there with a bit of an attitude. We went in the pool, came out about 20 minutes later. Dad’s family had returned & were eating lunch, it was mom & 3 small kids, one of them in a stroller. Only 4 of the 5 chairs they had at the table were occupied but apparently dad wanted 2 more chairs as well. We dried up for about 10 minutes & left. I’d bet money dad threw their stuff on the extra chairs as soon as we didn’t.

At Dolphin, we walked past the 2 pools on our way to mini golf & back. We were considering coming to pool but same thing, couldn’t see any chair that didn’t have towels, belongings or a reserved sign, so we just skipped it.

Maybe the hotels ought to let you start reserving chairs. At least you wouldn’t have to wonder if you’ll be able to sit down at all.
A reserved sign? People put reserved signs or the resort does?

Cruising is my other favorite vacation. On cruise fan sites, the people that do this kind of thing are referred to as "chair hogs."

This gives me an idea. I am getting tired of waking up so early for RD. I will buy one of those Romper Room punching bags.1682201256749.png I could get up at midnight and run over to HS or EP and place it by a security checkpoint to hold my place in line. I'll go back to YC, go to sleep, and just breeze in at the last minute. Then, I could put the bag at the inner rope, go drink coffee on a bench, and breeze back to the rope at park open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter