Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The Dunes Cove Pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas will be closed for about 2 months later this year.

From October 2 through early December, the Beach Club's quiet pool will be closed for maintenance. During the closure, Stormalong Bayand the Beach Club's other quiet pool will remain open for guests.
Why would they not have this done while the rooms are closed for the villa refurb. There would be less people displaced, as at least one floor would be closed. It's also F & W and super busy with MNSSHP.

Has anyone used their Apple watch as their magic band? My boys are planning on doing this for our trip in two weeks, but I just remembered that they scan magic bands to get into SAB. Will they still be okay using their Apple watches at SAB or would I be able to get a card for them when we check in? I'm a little worried about them using their Apple watches, but neither of them want to wear an Apple watch and a magic band so the Apple watch it is.

Beach Club Pool Refurbishment in Fall 2023

The Dunes Cove Pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas will be closed for about 2 months later this year.

From October 2 through early December, the Beach Club's quiet pool will be closed for maintenance. During the closure, Stormalong Bayand the Beach Club's other quiet pool will remain open for guests.

The Dunes Cove Pool is the leisure pool bracketed by wings of Disney's Beach Club Villas. During the refurbishment, guests may see and hear crews working during daytime hours.

Beach Club villa rooms are also scheduled to be refurbished during this timeframe. The fourth and fifth floors of the building were updated earlier this year. Work will resume on the lower three floors in August with a scheduled completion in October 2023.

Glad we chose BWV for our F&W visit this fall! Look forward to seeing the entire refurbishment in May 2024 at BCV!

Why would they not have this done while the rooms are closed for the villa refurb. There would be less people displaced, as at least one floor would be closed. It's also F & W and super busy with MNSSHP.
They are going to continue refurbing the BC villas while the villas pool is closed. :)
Beach Club villa rooms are also scheduled to be refurbished during this timeframe. The fourth and fifth floors of the building were updated earlier this year. Work will resume on the lower three floors in August with a scheduled completion in October 2023.
Disney never seems to schedule resort, pool and restaurants during quiet times. There aren't very many quiet times at these resorts.

Our last two times at the BC pool (back in 2016) we had gone for a swim leaving our towels, hats, books etc on the chairs and came back to them on the floor and the chairs gone!
I'm sorry they put your stuff on the ground. That is really rude. I'd consolidate belongings to one chair, but never put them on the ground.
I have a love/hate relationship with those glass doors at Disney- don't hang anything over them when you leave the room.
Did you know there is a clothesline in the shower? That funny looking round thing up high by the shower door has it wound up inside. You pull it across the shower long ways and it hooks into that random little hook on the opposite side. Blew my mind when I figured that out! Lots of hotels have this feature, it turns out.
Last year I had to call for a Disney visa discount room before an online link came out. The CM couldn’t understand why I preferred room only vs. a package.
I couldn't figure out why this is such a big thing either. I finally had a TA explain to me that tickets bought with a package are refundable if you cancel your trip before 30 days out. This could be significant if you are just buying date based tickets for your trip like we do. We don't have APs and if the trip was cancelled, we wouldn't need to keep the tickets or worry about when we were going to use them. Other than that, I don't see why paying 1 night down is such a big deal. If you are saving up responsibly for your trip, wouldn't that be easy for everyone? We did RO for our trip in Sept knowing it was hurricane season and wanted to be able to cancel if a storm came up and we couldn't go.

@kylenne Your view is very close to what we got! We were in 4151, one floor up with a slightly better view of the pool, and being able to watch the Epcot fireworks from our balcony that first night was a huge amazing surprise! You may remember we booked a Standard room and I was worried about getting a roof view. We must've been Pixie Dusted with an upgrade. It was truly magical!

This is one of the reasons I want to make 8 consecuitve Epcot park reservations for my upcoming trip. I'd love to pop in for breakfast pastries to bring back to my teens who don't wake up early. And we are never doing any of the parks before 2pm anyway in the dead of summer. We are late afternoon/evening park tourists in the summer. I don't mind a morning stroll to France while my boys snooze.
That's how we are touring the parks on our trip, except for the two Magic Kingdom days booked if we get Tron or not. Otherwise, we are going in the very late afternoon and evening.

That's how we are touring the parks on our trip, except for the two Magic Kingdom days booked if we get Tron or not. Otherwise, we are going in the very late afternoon and evening.
Definitely agree. We usually go to Disney late fall at YC. I would rather make all park reservations at Epcot, go early morning to walk around, back to pool for most of the afternoon , then back to Epcot at night. This October I have room only except for Halloween Party at MK, but have the option to just get a few days at Epcot if a want. I don’t use mini-golf or any of the tiny discounts they give for a package.

Think I forgot to ask to be added to the BOG list for this September, oops! Can we please be added, Sept 20-25 at the YC? And if we're getting into 2024 already, we'll be at the YC Oct 1-6 after a 3 night stay at the Contemporary (theme park view, yay!).

Thanks!

It has been ages since I have been able to catch up with this thread! This afternoon, I read through the past 10 pages of this thread- Holy carp! I didn't know about the BC refurb or the change in the room view designations.

@disneyfan150 has been keeping me up to date so I can continue to make additions to the Be Our Guest list. Please take a minute to look over the list to see if your upcoming trip is listed correctly, or if you want any additions or changes made.

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

'll try to make sure we have the monthly calendar/activities schedule posted on Post 4, and actually include some "Breaking News" in that section in Post 1!

:goodvibes

We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club. We would like to get a room with the day bed and two queen beds. Do most rooms with queen beds have the day bed as well? We would stay in a standard view room if that makes a difference.

We are thinking about staying at the Beach Club. We would like to get a room with the day bed and two queen beds. Do most rooms with queen beds have the day bed as well? We would stay in a standard view room if that makes a difference.

Its a request unless you are a party of 5. If you aren't a parry of 5 and want to guarantee it, and you aren't booking a package, go ahead and add some imaginary children until you get to 5.

Its a request unless you are a party of 5. If you aren't a parry of 5 and want to guarantee it, and you aren't booking a package, go ahead and add some imaginary children until you get to 5.
Great idea! Thanks!

I'm pretty excited today. Last Wednesday I booked 2/27/24 to 3/5/24 at Yacht Club, club level, water view. For some reason I checked the rates this morning for end of January instead (1/30 thru lv 2/6) and omg, so much cheaper. I switched our reservation and we are saving around $2000 !! I wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference in rates.

I'm pretty excited today. Last Wednesday I booked 2/27/24 to 3/5/24 at Yacht Club, club level, water view. For some reason I checked the rates this morning for end of January instead (1/30 thru lv 2/6) and omg, so much cheaper. I switched our reservation and we are saving around $2000 !! I wouldn't have thought there would be that much difference in rates.

Early March begins spring break season. The busiest time of year at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter