Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Nothing like planning ahead. With a little luck all will go well and we will be staying BC CL starting September 23,2024. Yes 2024! We will be celebrating Sis’s big 70 birthday. If all goes according to plan, Pop will still be with us. This gives all 3 of us something to look forward to. Looking forward to seeing us listed on the list. Between now and then, you can still find us at Cape May every 3-4 weeks on a Thursday around 10-10:30 for breakfast. I’ll be pushing Pop (wearing his Vietnam gets hat) in his wheelchair, and Sis will have a Grogu plush popping out of a Grogu Loungefly. Feel free to say hi!

And...does it have 2 queen beds?
No, one queen, sofa sleeper and a pull out sleeper chair (single)--that was the configuration when we were last there. Who knows with the new renovations how that may have changed. This is an old photo and we stayed there more recently, but this one was easily located. :flower3:

1688140138218.jpeg

These new room categories are for the birds! No one can understand them.

We have to come up with categories that are more descriptive and are honest.
For example:

The OMG view:
you can see water that's not a puddle on the roof or in the parking lot. If you do Yoga you can contort yourself on the balcony to see a corner of the Epcot Fireworks (whatever they are calling that show this week... are we back to Epcot Forever??? That wasn't initially "forever" but now it's unbelievably back, so maybe they should call it "Epcot Sort of Forever, now with no barges"! .

The Jungle View: Guests booking this category will enjoy a lovely view of totally unkempt, wild vegetation. Is it a tree? Is it a Bush? Who knows... and you paid extra for that "view".

The There's a worker eating lunch on my balcony view: Surprise! It's time for a refurb of the exterior of your room and it's also time for lunch. Guests booking this room can enjoy a view of Telescoping lift cranes, Scissor lifts, and the endless drone of rotary sanders. Why have coffee alone and in peace on your balcony when you can share this experience with your new construction friends.

The there is a dog barking incessantly in the room next to me view: Poor Fluffy! Mom and Dad are off riding pirates while Fluffy is locked in the room just like that dog who is in jail with the pirates. Ever since they removed "Must Do Disney" with Stacey there is nothing for Fluffy to watch on TV. Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof, ad nauseum.

The Oh look its Pebble Beach, not really, it's just the roof "View": Do you love looking at exhaust vents? Then this is the view for you! You'd think Disney would take advantage of this real estate and park some decorations or theming up there. But... No IP for You! You just get to enjoy the view of an endless sea of white pebbles and the occasional lost construction worker.

The We don't know how to classify this view: You could get a pebble; you could get a bush... who knows... certainly not the artificial Intelligence room assigner.

The Oh Gosh, I can hear the pool all day view: I hope you like listening to KidzBop ALL. Day. LONG. This premium water view room comes with the sound of a recent recreation management major wailing on the microphone for hours. You paid the highest rate for this room. Just be glad they don't add a surcharge for the audio 'enter-pain-ment'.

The Gazebo view: Bring Rice to throw because you have a front row seat to every "I wanted to get married at Disney, but they wanted how much for that $$$$ wedding chapel $$$$$!! Yeah... the gazebo will work" wedding. Bonus view: If you hang off your balcony and get a crick in your neck you can see the water. This view also offers the signature sound of the watercraft horns honking every 60 seconds.

The My room is so far from the (lobby, Pool, Marketplace, Elevator, Exit) I'm not sure it's actually located in the resort view: If you like leisurely hikes through long hallways then this view is for you! Pro tip! Navigate to your room by making a note of all the food trays that have been left in the hallways for DAYS. Sure, that uneaten bacon looks tempting, but do you really want to chance getting food poisoning on vacation? Trust me, walk away from that aged, room service tray bacon. This room category is best for the more active guest who can dodge the scooters and housekeeping carts that also populate these hallways.

I think that about covers it. Did I forget any actual room categories? Post 'em if you got 'em.
~NM

Last edited:
Has anyone done the evening deluxe hours at Epcot? What were you able to accomplish? We’re only staying at BC CL, one night for a staycation (live locally) but threw around the idea of going over for the 2 hours since our APs are not blocked in the summer.

We also have a 2 night stay at BW CL the end of the month and also thought about buying LL one of the days for Epcot and stack LL since there’s no evening hours offered the 2 nights we are there…instead.
Thoughts????

For example:

The There's a worker eating lunch on my balcony view:
Surprise! It's time for a refurb of the exterior of your room and it's also time for lunch. Guests booking this room can enjoy a view of Telescoping lift cranes, Scissor lifts, and the endless drone of rotary sanders. Why have coffee alone and in peace on your balcony when you can share this experience with your new construction friends.
Guests have to pay extra for this view because the workers might look like their favorite actors. Of course, as with all room requests, there is no guarantee.

For example:

The OMG view:
you can see water that's not a puddle on the roof or in the parking lot. If you do Yoga you can contort yourself on the balcony to see a corner of the Epcot Fireworks (whatever they are calling that show this week... are we back to Epcot Forever??? That wasn't initially "forever" but now it's unbelievably back, so maybe they should call it "Epcot Sort of Forever, now with no barges"! .

The Jungle View: Guests booking this category will enjoy a lovely view of totally unkempt, wild vegetation. Is it a tree? Is it a Bush? Who knows... and you paid extra for that "view".

The There's a worker eating lunch on my balcony view: Surprise! It's time for a refurb of the exterior of your room and it's also time for lunch. Guests booking this room can enjoy a view of Telescoping lift cranes, Scissor lifts, and the endless drone of rotary sanders. Why have coffee alone and in peace on your balcony when you can share this experience with your new construction friends.

The there is a dog barking incessantly in the room next to me view: Poor Fluffy! Mom and Dad are off riding pirates while Fluffy is locked in the room just like that dog who is in jail with the pirates. Ever since they removed "Must Do Disney" with Stacey there is nothing for Fluffy to watch on TV. Woof, Woof, Woof, Woof, ad nauseum.

The Oh look its Pebble Beach, not really, it's just the roof "View": Do you love looking at exhaust vents? Then this is the view for you! You'd think Disney would take advantage of this real estate and park some decorations or theming up there. But... No IP for You! You just get to enjoy the view of an endless sea of white pebbles and the occasional lost construction worker.

The We don't know how to classify this view: You could get a pebble; you could get a bush... who knows... certainly not the artificial Intelligence room assigner.

The Oh Gosh, I can hear the pool all day view: I hope you like listening to KidzBop ALL. Day. LONG. This premium water view room comes with the sound of a recent recreation management major wailing on the microphone for hours. You paid the highest rate for this room. Just be glad they don't add a surcharge for the audio 'enter-pain-ment'.

The Gazebo view: Bring Rice to throw because you have a front row seat to every "I wanted to get married at Disney, but they wanted how much for that $$$$ wedding chapel $$$$$!! Yeah... the gazebo will work" wedding. Bonus view: If you hang off your balcony and get a crick in your neck you can see the water. This view also offers the signature sound of the watercraft horns honking every 60 seconds.

The My room is so far from the (lobby, Pool, Marketplace, Elevator, Exit) I'm not sure it's actually located in the resort view: If you like leisurely hikes through long hallways then this view is for you! Pro tip! Navigate to your room by making a note of all the food trays that have been left in the hallways for DAYS. Sure, that uneaten bacon looks tempting, but do you really want to chance getting food poisoning on vacation? Trust me, walk away from that aged, room service tray bacon. This room category is best for the more active guest who can dodge the scooters and housekeeping carts that also populate these hallways.

I think that about covers it. Did I forget any actual room categories? Post 'em if you got 'em.
~NM
I was just about to say, "Hey! We had the gazebo view on our last YC CL stay!" Then I realized I was on the YC thread. LOL

Love this.

Wow, I'm impressed you managed to describe our last few room views with such accuracy! Although we got the bonus of the dog barking room at the same time as the pebble beach room. You also missed the room adjacent to or below the club level lounge or prep room, great rooms if you really hate sleep!

Has anyone done the evening deluxe hours at Epcot? What were you able to accomplish? We’re only staying at BC CL, one night for a staycation (live locally) but threw around the idea of going over for the 2 hours since our APs are not blocked in the summer.

We also have a 2 night stay at BW CL the end of the month and also thought about buying LL one of the days for Epcot and stack LL since there’s no evening hours offered the 2 nights we are there…instead.
Thoughts????
We were there for EEH a few weeks ago. The time goes so fast because the park is big, the rides take time to enjoy, and the fireworks cut into it. We used the EEH to get one more ride on my favorite -GotG with the special VQ. After that, we only had time for one more ride.

Thoughts????
Edited

Just booked Yacht Club for an upcoming trip for me and my mom, for her 75th birthday! I have 2 questions for experienced YC guests:
  • My mom gets around great, but she hasn't been to WDW in over a decade, so I'd love to minimize walking for her. I'd like to request a room that minimizes the walk to Epcot, since we plan to go into Epcot daily. How should we word this request? Is "close to lobby" the best option?

• We booked a Resort View, and I'm confused that they didn't ask if we wanted a King or 2 Queens. I don't even see a place to add that, but we definitely each want our own bed. Seems odd to just list view and not # of beds. Am I missing something?
TIA!

Thoughts????

We did them two Monday nights ago. We rode Guardians, Test Track, Frozen, and Remy. We did not watch the fireworks, but rather got in line for Guardians right at 9:00. We walked onto Remy a few minutes before 11:00. We were happy with what we got accomplished.

Just booked Yacht Club for an upcoming trip for me and my mom, for her 75th birthday! I have 2 questions for experienced YC guests:
  • My mom gets around great, but she hasn't been to WDW in over a decade, so I'd love to minimize walking for her. I'd like to request a room that minimizes the walk to Epcot, since we plan to go into Epcot daily. How should we word this request? Is "close to lobby" the best option?

• We booked a Resort View, and I'm confused that they didn't ask if we wanted a King or 2 Queens. I don't even see a place to add that, but we definitely each want our own bed. Seems odd to just list view and not # of beds. Am I missing something?

So in my experience, YC is no more than 7-10 minutes depending how fast or comfortably you walk to the international gateway. Obversely, BC is closer to Epcot and there are rooms five minutes away by the smaller pool area. Saying that, asking for a room near the lobby would negate walking around getting to an exit so I would do that. The back door by the lobby brings you to the walkway by end of the pool, close by the lighthouse. Taking a left brings you to the main walkway towards Epcot. However, you could always take the Friendship Boat from that exit I explained by the lighthouse to Epcot and she would not need to walk at all.

Your second question, on MDE app, under your reservation you could request a King Bed or use the chat function (chat with us) and make your requests under your reservation. Have a wonderful trip, it’s my favorite resort.

So in my experience, YC is no more than 7-10 minutes depending how fast or comfortably you walk to the international gateway. Obversely, BC is closer to Epcot and there are rooms five minutes away by the smaller pool area. Saying that, asking for a room near the lobby would negate walking around getting to an exit so I would do that. The back door by the lobby brings you to the walkway by end of the pool, close by the lighthouse. Taking a left brings you to the main walkway towards Epcot. However, you could always take the Friendship Boat from that exit I explained by the lighthouse to Epcot and she would not need to walk at all.

Your second question, on MDE app, under your reservation you could request a King Bed or use the chat function (chat with us) and make your requests under your reservation. Have a wonderful trip, it’s my favorite resort.

Thank you so much!

I have one that I've always found a bit ironic:

It's a BC standard view of the pebble beach on the 3rd and 4th floors. But it magically becomes a BC club level water view on the 5th floor, right above the standard rooms. :)
Hmmm Maybe Disney logic is that since the room is higher, you have a better view of the pool and less pebble beach than the lower rooms. I am sure the actual reason is to justify the CL cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter