• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Sorry for the confusion. Our recently refurbished room at BWI that we just stayed at, was beautiful. Sorry to hear the new refurbished rooms at BC were not great, that's disappointing!

Gotcha.

I was disappointed in both the aesthetic and the quality of my refurbished room, to be honest. It's like, "hope you like the color of sand!" The whole room is a beige, monochromatic bore. Dark wood floors would have done wonders for the feel of the room, but the floors they chose are just bland and look cheap. There were massive gouge marks (new ones) on the walls, a slew of old, broken outlets (which they did replace after I complained because I couldn't plug anything in, but come on, that should have been noticed before), the sloppiest glass shower door insall I've ever seen (GLOBS of silicone caulk was used with no attempt to clean off the excess), uncomfortable, hard mattresses (yes, it was new, but it is NOT the same mattress they have been using in the deluxe hotels prior to this), dirty floors that never got clean, gaps in the floorboards that collected gunk.

The only things I liked were the new hallway carpeting and the new paintings in the rooms. Otherwise, I hate how the rooms now look. There is NO color (except from the paintings). It's terrible.
Not trying to justify shoddy work, but BWI got a full hard goods refurb and BC only got a soft goods refurb.

I remember seeing pictures of CR after the full hard goods refurb and I could tell via photo the light switch was painted around. Kinda blows my mind considering what these rooms cost, but they sadly cut corners.

Not trying to justify shoddy work, but BWI got a full hard goods refurb and BC only got a soft goods refurb.

I remember seeing pictures of CR after the full hard goods refurb and I could tell via photo the light switch was painted around. Kinda blows my mind considering what these rooms cost, but they sadly cut corners.
We were there the week they first opened the tower rooms at the CR after the refurb. It was really nice to be the first person in a room, but you could tell that they really scurried to get the rooms ready for the 10/1 anniversary timeframe and it seemed like they didn’t carefully check the punch list. The rooms looked nice, but some things were definitely slapdash.

Last edited:

I consider this more than a soft goods refurb. They tore out carpet and put in new hard floors. They enclosed the tubs with glass sliding doors. They put all new platform beds in. New mattresses and curtains. New paint on all the doors and walls. They switched out the toilets, even. Our toilet was clearly new, and thats why it was leaking. They took all the wall art down and put up new paintings. The only things that remained were the armoirs and table as well as the daybeds.

We had to listen to this work as we were on the second floor while rooms below us were being worked on. Hammering, drilling, saws, etc. Way more than a soft goods refresh.

I consider this more than a soft goods refurb. They tore out carpet and put in new hard floors. They enclosed the tubs with glass sliding doors. They put all new platform beds in. New mattresses and curtains. New paint on all the doors and walls. They switched out the toilets, even. Our toilet was clearly new, and thats why it was leaking. They took all the wall art down and put up new paintings. The only things that remained were the armoirs and table as well as the daybeds.

We had to listen to this work as we were on the second floor while rooms below us were being worked on. Hammering, drilling, saws, etc. Way more than a soft goods refresh.
Okay but now I'm confused as to which resort people are talking about when they describe recent refurbs.

Okay but now I'm confused as to which resort people are talking about when they describe recent refurbs.
BC is mid-refurb so some rooms are new and some are not (refurbed rooms have no carpeting, that’s how you know if your room is new or old) and construction is ongoing. YC is not under refurb.

I'd like to be added to the BOG list! (FINALLY!)
Beach Club - Dec 2-7

We got a clean bill of health for the 3yo a few weeks ago, and the chance of anything going wonky between now and December is much lower.
We were "supposed to" stay at BCV (rented points 3-2BR villas for 19 people) last March with the rest of my extended FOO, then got some horrible news right after Christmas. Our littlest got diagnosed with retinoblastoma - a form of eye cancer. He got his last dose of chemotherapy at the end of July. Although I booked our make up vacation months ago, it was very very tentative, until we talked to his doctors about 2 weeks ago.
So put me on the list!

I agree, it is confusing. the BCV refurbished rooms have new carpet. The BC refurbished rooms have new faux hardwood floor.

So I’m guessing if they are talking about a renovated room with hard flooring, it’s BC proper and not the DVC Villas.

As far as I know, the DVC BCV is still only partially renovated. Floors 4 & 5.

We stayed in a refurbished studio last April, and loved it so much I bought a BCV contract on the resale market 😍 I felt it was a solid upgrade. Did not see any shoddy work, and all outlets worked perfectly. It’s a shame the hotel side did not get the same love. Will be keeping an eye on the upcoming reports of refurbished 1st - 3rd floor Villa rooms on the DVC side.

I'd like to be added to the BOG list! (FINALLY!)
Beach Club - Dec 2-7

We got a clean bill of health for the 3yo a few weeks ago, and the chance of anything going wonky between now and December is much lower.
We were "supposed to" stay at BCV (rented points 3-2BR villas for 19 people) last March with the rest of my extended FOO, then got some horrible news right after Christmas. Our littlest got diagnosed with retinoblastoma - a form of eye cancer. He got his last dose of chemotherapy at the end of July. Although I booked our make up vacation months ago, it was very very tentative, until we talked to his doctors about 2 weeks ago.
So put me on the list!
We will be happy to put you on the list. I will let Dee know! 🥰

My "baby" (presently 22 😉 ) has a congenital condition. After spending her life working with pediatric staff, she has transitioned to adult care. She is my Disney buddy now. I can totally understand how hard this must have been for you. Sending hugs to you!!

Last edited:
We will be happy to put you on the list. I will let Dee know! 🥰

My "baby" (presently 22 😉 ) has a congenital condition. After spending her life working with pediatric staff, she has transitioned to adult care. She is my Disney buddy now. I can totally understand how hard this must have been for you. Sending hugs to you!!
Pediatric is so much more fun! I'm sure that transition was a little sad.
He still has to get MRIs every 6 months for a while, and we're traveling out of state for his prosthetic eye maintenance. Technically, the MRIs will be "out of state" too, but it's just across the state line. We're fortunate that last year we made the decision to move closer to that hospital. It would have been twice as far before.

I was so tempted to just take him on the trip in March, and his doctors were supportive. But, while he had a port in place, we had to take him to the ER every time he spiked a fever. It seemed too risky. He is the only one of my children who didn't get a "free" Disney trip before their 3rd birthday, because COVID then cancer.
It's been 5 years since our last family trip! I've been able to go to Disneyland twice in the interim, so I haven't been suffering TOO much.

20 points for poor humor, which will not affect your ability to use the DIS unless additional points are also awarded before these expire in 30 days.

:earboy2:
Sadly I get that joke
With such impressive advanced notice, it makes me wonder if they are planning to open 2025 bookings earlier than expected. :scratchin
I imagine it’s the most for DVC owners, who have to plan how to use their points so as not to lose them.

I'm talking about the Beach Club proper.

All those rooms should be done being refurbished now. When I left on August 3, they told me they would be completely done with the rooms within a week. We were in floor 2 and they were working on first floor rooms. They started on the 5th floor and worked down.

They are still working on the lobby now. All the BC resort rooms now have hardwood style floors and had an extensive refurbishment.

We are currently in a renovated BCV studio. 5th floor near parking lot elevator. The new carpet is fine, I like the new wall color (the pale grey ish-blue is pretty). Feels like a new mattress and the curtains look new. Rest of furniture and furnishings (lamps, etc) is same- not replaced. Kitchens and bathroom same. The fake wood (vinyl) in kitchen/entryway is shabby, large gaps and nicks in it- worn out and should have been replaced. Painting job is shoddy- lots of mistakes and it’s already peeling/cracking in places. They just painted over things like gaping nicks, indentations and holes in walls particularly around corners/edges (should have been filled in or re- dry walled in places). The biggest change is the pull down Murphy bed replacing those horrible sofa Beds. However, we just pulled ours down to find it not installed properly- it’s not level and it’s wobbly/weak towards the end- it seems some piece that provides support isn’t coming down properly or is stuck or something. I’m glad a kid didn’t get hurt with this bed- it’s that big of an issue. Waiting on maintenance now.

Update: Maintenance guy came and said “that’s how it’s supposed to be”. No, sir it is decidedly not. 😂 It is tilted to the floor- I’d say head part is 4 -5 inches or so higher then foot end even when no one is on the bed. When you sit or put weight anywhere near the foot end, the end side drops to and almost hits the floor. While this is happening, something inside the wall part is pulling away from the wall and making a sound kind of like breaking wood. Furniture team will look tomorrow.

Last edited:
We are currently in a renovated BCV studio. 5th floor near parking lot elevator. The new carpet is fine, I like the new wall color (the pale grey ish-blue is pretty). Feels like a new mattress and the curtains look new. Rest of furniture and furnishings (lamps, etc) is same- not replaced. Kitchens and bathroom same. The fake wood (vinyl) in kitchen/entryway is shabby, large gaps and nicks in it- worn out and should have been replaced. Painting job is shoddy- lots of mistakes and it’s already peeling/cracking in places. They just painted over things like gaping nicks, indentations and holes in walls particularly around corners/edges (should have been filled in or re- dry walled in places). The biggest change is the pull down Murphy bed replacing those horrible sofa Beds. However, we just pulled ours down to find it not installed properly- it’s not level and it’s wobbly/weak towards the end- it seems some piece that provides support isn’t coming down properly or is stuck or something. I’m glad a kid didn’t get hurt with this bed- it’s that big of an issue. Waiting on maintenance now.

Update: Maintenance guy came and said “that’s how it’s supposed to be”. No, sir it is decidedly not. 😂 It is tilted to the floor- I’d say head part is 4 -5 inches or so higher then foot end even when no one is on the bed. When you sit or put weight anywhere near the foot end, the end side drops to and almost hits the floor. While this is happening, something inside the wall part is pulling away from the wall and making a sound kind of like breaking wood. Furniture team will look tomorrow.
That's crazy, glad no one got hurt! Seems like Disney still didn't learn how to install these beds after the issue with Riviera in 2019.

Come to think of it, we had a message on our phone when we got back from Epcot. We thought it was a mistake and it was clearly meant for another guest but I just re-listened to it and I think it was for the guest in this room previously. Offering an air mattress (wth!?!?!- no way!) fir the night because they couldn’t be moved to a room with a day bed until tomorrow. I’ll bet they knew this bed was broken and put a guest in the room anyway!

Come to think of it, we had a message on our phone when we got back from Epcot. We thought it was a mistake and it was clearly meant for another guest but I just re-listened to it and I think it was for the guest in this room previously. Offering an air mattress (wth!?!?!- no way!) fir the night because they couldn’t be moved to a room with a day bed until tomorrow. I’ll bet they knew this bed was broken and put a guest in the room anyway!

That is terrible. They really just don't care anymore at this resort. Such a shame.

Update: Maintenance guy came and said “that’s how it’s supposed to be”. No, sir it is decidedly not. 😂 It is tilted to the floor- I’d say head part is 4 -5 inches or so higher than foot end even when no one is on the bed. When you sit or put weight anywhere near the foot end, the end side drops to and almost hits the floor. While this is happening, something inside the wall part is pulling away from the wall and making a sound kind of like breaking wood. Furniture team will look tomorrow.
Sorry for the troubles with your room! Hope they can get it straightened out. Have you noticed any activity on the other floors regarding the remodel? I’ve yet to hear anything definitive about the refurb starting back up for floors 1-3.

If you have a chance to peek at the lower floors of BCV, we would love an update as to whether or not they are doing the refurbishment work.

There was drilling below us and a weird sound. We asked about it and were told they are rewiring TVs. Small drilling then snaking wires. They all needed it. I specifically asked about construction because we were next to that last time and he said there was no construction going on anywhere but that it would start back up next week. It seemed like the TV wiring was the focus and those issues were unexpected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter