Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I wonder if that’s the real reason the refurb stopped, either they found something wrong with this batch of murphy beds, or with the contractor installing them?
Maybe. See my post above. There also seems to be some issue with TV wiring that seemed more than for just one room and seemed unexpected.

Can anyone who has stayed recently at the YC confirm that there is fragrance free detergent in the laundry rooms? Grand Cali has them but this is our fist stay at YC so would like to know. One less thing to pack.

As a follow up, the maintenance/ furniture guy from today said it seemed to be installed wrong and would need to be replaced. We were moved and upgraded to a 1 bedroom! All worked out okay. And word just came in that our condo complex didn’t flood in Treasure Island! So now we’re celebrating with STK Happy hour!

Staying at BC in October. So what rooms are now Resort View? Is it standard view or standard and garden view?
TIA

Can anyone who has stayed recently at the YC confirm that there is fragrance free detergent in the laundry rooms? Grand Cali has them but this is our fist stay at YC so would like to know. One less thing to pack.
I did laundry at YC a couple of weeks ago, in the first-floor laundry room near room 1067 (the laundry room in the man building -- not the laundry facilities in the separate building by the quiet pool). They did have a vending machine which contained both regular and allergy-sensitive detergents, just as shown in the photo here: https://www.resortsgal.com/resorts/laundry-disneys-yacht-club/.

However, if sensitivities are an issue for you -- as they are for a couple of my family members -- you might want to consider packing your own fragrance-free detergent sheets, which is what I did, just to ensure I'd have them even if the vending machine didn't, or in case it was out of order. I just slipped them into a quart-sized Ziploc baggie with a couple of dryer sheets from home and the fabric laundry sack left over from my college days, and voila! -- I had a complete "laundry kit" that was practically flat and took up no space at all in my luggage. (We travel carryon-only, so suitcase space is always at a premium.)

The detergent sheets I used were Vacplus brand, purchased from Amazon, but there are several brands on Amazon (and probably in your local store) that offer fragrance-free detergent sheets that are well-rated.

Last edited:

They still show STANDARD but the description is the same as RESORT VIEW.... But I haven't seen STANDARD be available so maybe they are phasing the description out. It's confusing.

They also showed a king room category, but that has not been bookable either. The announcement in May said they would be converting standard & garden view into Resort view at all deluxes, so that’s what I am going by. But it’s Disney Management & IT, so who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
I did laundry at YC a couple of weeks ago, in the first-floor laundry room near room 1067 (the laundry room in the man building -- not the laundry facilities in the separate building by the quiet pool). They did have a vending machine which contained both regular and allergy-sensitive detergents, just as shown in the photo here: https://www.resortsgal.com/resorts/laundry-disneys-yacht-club/.

However, if sensitivities are an issue for you -- as they are for a couple of my family members -- you might want to consider packing your own fragrance-free detergent sheets, which is what I did, just to ensure I'd have them even if the vending machine didn't, or in case it was out of order. I just slipped them into a quart-sized Ziploc baggie with a couple of dryer sheets from home and the fabric laundry sack left over from my college days, and voila! -- I had a complete "laundry kit" that was practically flat and took up no space at all in my luggage. (We travel carryon-only, so suitcase space is always at a premium.)

The detergent sheets I used were Vacplus brand, purchased from Amazon, but there are several brands on Amazon (and probably in your local store) that offer fragrance-free detergent sheets that are well-rated.
Thanks a bunch for this information. I had been wondering about the laundry sheets. I usually pack All Free and Clear pods but just wanted to mark one item off the packing list by buying onsite. I will defnitley look up the laundry sheets you mentioned.

They still have standard view rooms. It is unfortunately the type we have for our Nov-Dec trip. Most standard view rooms will overlook the large, flat roofs while resort view is basically the former woods/garden view. :)

I'm talking about the Beach Club proper.

All those rooms should be done being refurbished now. When I left on August 3, they told me they would be completely done with the rooms within a week. We were in floor 2 and they were working on first floor rooms. They started on the 5th floor and worked down.

They are still working on the lobby now. All the BC resort rooms now have hardwood style floors and had an extensive refurbishment.

Sorry for the troubles with your room! Hope they can get it straightened out. Have you noticed any activity on the other floors regarding the remodel? I’ve yet to hear anything definitive about the refurb starting back up for floors 1-3.
Well now I’m confused lol. So the BC refurb is basically done room wise but BCV was paused after floors 4-5?

They still show STANDARD but the description is the same as RESORT VIEW.... But I haven't seen STANDARD be available so maybe they are phasing the description out. It's confusing.

View attachment 789799
It IS confusing! haha. Almost seems like they are phasing out Garden View ... Resort view = views of the resorts (gardens and the like) ... not parking lots? I honestly don't know, but that was my interpretation.

It IS confusing! haha. Almost seems like they are phasing out Garden View ... Resort view = views of the resorts (gardens and the like) ... not parking lots? I honestly don't know, but that was my interpretation.
Looks like "Parking Areas" are still included in Standard, but also in Resort View... almost like saying, "hey, pay your money, take your chances on what you see"... I have always gotten either GV or WV (only once!) so I really don't want to pay for a SV if I'm wanting to see woodsy or gardens - we always request GV with a large balcony or first floor because we love sitting out there with coffee in the AM and wine in the evening before bed, and have been lucky so far. But now, it seems to be a crap shoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter