Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's room request time for me!
I always overthink this. But, what would YOU request if you were staying at the Beach Club - garden or woods view with your family of 6 in 2 rooms? Kids ages 13,9,6,3. Connecting is top priority, then 2 queens in both rooms. Should I even bother with any other requests?
I would request connecting rooms with queen beds. I wouldn't bother with any other requests. :)

Page 2112-2116

Thanks everyone for being so helpful answering questions, offering suggestions and posting helpful info like activities schedules, menus and reviews/information about rooms to help fellow vacationers.

:thanks:

Staying in December 2023. Anyone know how to charge a Tesla (EV Charging) at beach club or yacht club? There might be one lvl1 via the valet at yatch. There are also a few spots at the swanky swalphin, but not sure if they are restricted. There’s a lvl2 at Coronado and spots at Springs. Heard they have a row of lvl 1 outlets at VGF (free). The mouse has solar panels to feel good, but doesn’t seem like they have any real EV infrastructure.

BUMP!

This is a great question. Does anyone have suggestions about where we could get info about Electric Vehicle charging statements at Yacht & Beach?

:car:

Hello! Please add us to Be Our Guest Dec 1 to Dec 10th. We were at the Contemporary but was finally able to get a room at the yacht club this morning. We have not stayed at the yacht since 2021 so I am excited I miss it!

What is a resort view on touring plans chart is that considered a garden view.

Also are there any resort view room that have a little bit more extra space by some chance I can request with a stroller and a crib things are going to be tight in the room

thank you

Will do!

:cool1:

Hello Dee! Please add us to the BOG list - we’re staying at the BCV from May 28th through June 1st. It’s our first stay at an Epcot-area resort and we’re VERY excited! Thank you!

You bet!!!

I love the convenience of stays in the EPCOT area!

:goodvibes

Just came back from our first stay at Yacht Club and my oh my did this resort rocket to the top of my list. We had a resort view room (sorry for no pictures, not much of a view as you are just looking at trees) that was a short walk to everything. The pool is incredible, the staff is great - we even became friends with our housekeeping ladies - and being able to walk to 2 parks is tough to beat. This was our first deluxe stay and I completely get the hype. We will be back!

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

:thumbsup2

Interesting , I have stayed at both Beach and Yacht club level several times over the years. But I never noticed the description on the Disney website stating the club level rooms sleep 4. At the Yacht we have always had the sofa bed when booking club level. And the Beach club level has been hit or miss.

Now that I need that 3rd bed not sure if it is doable. Did Disney remove the sofa bed and are only allowing 4 people ? We only have 3 peeps but we all want our own bed. Thus we need the sofa bed.

Interesting , I have stayed at both Beach and Yacht club level several times over the years. But I never noticed the description on the Disney website stating the club level rooms sleep 4. At the Yacht we have always had the sofa bed when booking club level. And the Beach club level has been hit or miss.

Now that I need that 3rd bed not sure if it is doable. Did Disney remove the sofa bed and are only allowing 4 people ? We only have 3 peeps but we all want our own bed. Thus we need the sofa bed.

Y&B changed club level rooms to a maximum of 4 people probably 7–8 years ago, the same time deluxe rooms were removed from club level I think. There are still some rooms with the sofa, but it’s still hit or miss. The back folds down to become a small twin size bed. You can request a room with a sofa, but it’s not guaranteed of course.

Last edited:

Urg! I wonder how many sofa beds are at the Yacht club level water view?
You will find more sofa beds in the YC CL rooms than in the BC CL rooms because of the difference in design of the BC. The rooms that have the dormer balcony at the BC do not usually have the sofa bed due to the smaller room size. The YC doesn't have the dormer balconies, although some of the rooms are an odd size. So, there would be more rooms at the YC that are large enough for a sofa bed than rooms at the BC. :)

My last two YC CL WV room 5227 and 5215 both king bed rooms did not have a sofa bed in them. That was last December and last week.

We’re staying in a refurbished Beach Club Studio (top floor), and we were very disappointed to find that there is no way to stream (“cast”) movies/TV shows to the TV. The TVs are not connected to the internet, and are using DirectTV satellite with the old-school over the air TV channels.

We did have a fireworks view though, and got a nice sneak peak of Luminous at 12am!

We’re staying in a refurbished Beach Club Studio (top floor), and we were very disappointed to find that there is no way to stream (“cast”) movies/TV shows to the TV. The TVs are not connected to the internet, and are using DirectTV satellite with the old-school over the air TV channels.

We did have a fireworks view though, and got a nice sneak peak of Luminous at 12am!
You're at Disney World, in a newly refurbished room at one of the nicest resorts anywhere..... I don't think I'd be concerned about Netflix for an evening! I think with the occasional weakness of the internet/wifi signal for Disney guests, I prefer they not suck up more of it for streaming - but you enjoy what you enjoy, and we enjoy what we enjoy! Maybe you could mirror from your own device to the TV? That's worked for us at other places.....

BTW - how did Luminous look/sound?!? Looking forward to that next month!

I'm confused. I used to use Chromecast at home. My TV is not connected to the Internet. If I recall correctly, I plugged the Chromecast device into the TV. My phone was connected to my Internet through WiFi. I used the phone to cast to the TV.

I think these are similar topics:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/trying-to-set-up-roku-at-okw.3885564/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/connecting-to-villa-tv-connections.3927754/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/chrome-casting-to-resort-tv-from-ipad.3929050/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-tv-input.3895491/

Last edited:
I'm confused. I used to use Chromecast at home. My TV is not connected to the Internet. If I recall correctly, I plugged the Chromecast device into the TV. My phone was connected to my Internet through WiFi. I used the phone to cast to the TV.

I think these are similar topics:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/trying-to-set-up-roku-at-okw.3885564/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/connecting-to-villa-tv-connections.3927754/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/chrome-casting-to-resort-tv-from-ipad.3929050/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-tv-input.3895491/

There was no casting service built into the TV. The only option was Samsung Smartview, and streaming from a PC.

The TVs in other DVC rooms (and elsewhere on property, such as Coronado) have chrome cast built into the TV and don’t require an external device. You navigate to the correct channel, activate casting, and the TV now appears on the Wi-Fi network as a device that can be casted to.

Because these TVs have DirectTV with over the air channels and not an interactive guide connected via Ethernet, the ability to cast directly to the TV was missing.

Last edited:
There was no casting service built into the TV. The only option was Samsung Smartview, and streaming from a PC.

The TVs in other DVC rooms (and elsewhere on property, such as Coronado) have chrome cast built into the TV and don’t require an external device. You navigate to the correct channel, activate casting, and the TV now appears on the Wi-Fi network as a device that can be casted to.

Because these TVs have DirectTV with over the air channels and not an interactive guide connected via Ethernet, the ability to cast directly to the TV was missing.
Oh, interesting.

I was at BoardWalk Villas last week, in a room which had not been refurbished yet. It also had DirectTV. I didn't investigate options other than watching the channels which were available through DirectTV.

That's interesting. We were at BC last month. Our room on the 1st floor had the ability to cast to the TV built into it.

I'm really glad that the Christmas train display is returning to the Yacht Club along with the new gingerbread lighthouse. And the carousel at the BC is always amazing. :) My sister is joining us for our Nov 28-Dec 2nd trip and has never been to WDW during Christmas time. I am very excited to show her all the great stuff Disney does for Christmas.

:)

I'm really glad that the Christmas train display is returning to the Yacht Club along with the new gingerbread lighthouse. And the carousel at the BC is always amazing. :) My sister is joining us for our Nov 28-Dec 2nd trip and has never been to WDW during Christmas time. I am very excited to show her all the great stuff Disney does for Christmas.

:)
I can almost smell those gingerbread creations from here!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter