Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Staying in December 2023. Anyone know how to charge a Tesla (EV Charging) at beach club or yacht club? There might be one lvl1 via the valet at yatch. There are also a few spots at the swanky swalphin, but not sure if they are restricted. There’s a lvl2 at Coronado and spots at Springs. Heard they have a row of lvl 1 outlets at VGF (free). The mouse has solar panels to feel good, but doesn’t seem like they have any real EV infrastructure.
I started a new thread for DVC EV charging here… https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-world-tesla-ev-charging.3934078/#post-65150563

Wow, page 2 & no posts in 6 days. How quiet our little thread has gotten. 🥺
I'll be there in two weeks from today!!! :cheer2: Yacht Club.... two scooters...

Hoping for ground or highest room, with Epcot view. We love to people watch from the balcony on the higher floors, but with two scooters, it's sometimes an issue with elevators. We've put in that as a request, but will see what we end up with. Patio on ground floor would be ok too, depending on room location. Can be a little "up close and personal" with folks walking by.

Look for two "wild and crazy old ladies on scooters!":moped::moped:

We'll be at Magic Kingdom in the AM and Animal Kingdom (extended hours) in the PM on the day you check in... will probably be coming back to resort for a rest after lunch before heading to AK.

Anyone have information on the deluxe room 2557. I just read on touring plans it is a handicap accessible room where you actually have a button that opens the door. I booked this room category as it would fit 2 ECV’s. Looking for bathroom and shower info. Is it a walk in shower then? And what about the sinks?

6 days YC! We’re going for the first available since going to party at night, so hopefully can get in by noon, as don’t care where room is.

We are checking into the BC in eight days. I need to get through all the hustle and bustle of hosting Thanksgiving dinner before I can even begin to think about our trip. :)

Anyone have information on the deluxe room 2557. I just read on touring plans it is a handicap accessible room where you actually have a button that opens the door. I booked this room category as it would fit 2 ECV’s. Looking for bathroom and shower info. Is it a walk in shower then? And what about the sinks?
Touring plans doesn't always have correct information, but I'm sure it gets it right at times. ;)

I looked at the Disney website for BC deluxe handicap rooms with wheelchair accessibility and it lists a tub.

We arrive in just over 3 weeks! Our flight lands around 7:30 pm so I imagine we won't be at the hotel until 8:30, we may want to eat and I am hoping there will be time to swim, after sitting on a plane and in airports all day it would be nice to move around a bit. Is the pool open until 11? Does anyone know? I would be ok with a quiet pool if the main one closes earlier than the quiet.

We'll need to find something to eat as well and my son has some issues with food, I know they don't have a full on quick service like we'd find at one of the Value's but I am hoping there will be something, he won't eat on the plane or while we travel as he gets air sick. We'll be at Yacht Club, I think BC has a better quick service, but they don't seem to have french fries on the menu. I'm also willing to order delivery but not sure how that works at Disney.

We'll be at Yacht Club, I think BC has a better quick service, but they don't seem to have french fries on the menu. I'm also willing to order delivery but not sure how that works at Disney.

The Y & B quick services don’t have fries. You can try a walk up at Beaches & Cream. You may not make it in time for Ale & Compass mobile order. The Fountain at the Dolphin is a soda shop like Beaches & Cream. But it’s walk up, no reservations taken & open til 11pm. It’s only a 5 minute walk from YC. Menu has fries, burgers, hot dogs, salads etc.

https://swandolphin.com/dining/fountain/

Not sure if Storm Along Bay pool will be open til 10 or 11, it does vary. The quiet pool hours are til 11 I believe, but you can access it 24 hours. As long as you’re not too noisy, I don’t think anyone will make you leave at that time.

Last edited:
Fireworks Testing to Take Place Overnight at EPCOT November 27-December 2

Guests staying at any of the hotels located in the EPCOT Resort Area next week should keep in mind that pyrotechnics and other special effects will be tested nightly at EPCOT from November 27 through December 2, with the exception of Friday, December 1. These tests are scheduled to begin around 10:30 p.m. (later on Thursday due to Extended Evening Hours) and end by 1 a.m.

The expected noise level of this fireworks display is expected to be significant. Affected resorts include:
  • Walt Disney World Swan
  • Walt Disney World Dolphin
  • Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort
  • Disney Boardwalk Resort
  • Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside
  • Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
  • Disney's Old Key West Resort

While not confirmed by the Walt Disney World Resort, it is clear that these tests are related to the park's new fireworks show (Luminous: The Symphony of Us) that's scheduled to debut on December 5, 2023.

It looks like there will be fireworks testing during our trip next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter