Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just booked a late May trip to the Beach Club, 1 bedroom villa (DVC side). Have those rooms been updated to include the pull down Murphy beds? I saw a video on touring plans that showed it as updated, but wasn’t sure if all those rooms will be updated by May.

Thanks!
Yes, the BCV refurb is finished and included the full/queen (can’t remember!) Murphy beds.

Hi Dee, whenever you refresh the 1st page trips could you update mine Louey to May 5/5/24 to 5/11/24 to the Beach Club. Thank you :flower1:

Hey everyone! We (myself, wife, and our two little fellas (4 and 1 1/2)) originally planned to visit DW right after Thanksgiving this year but ended up at Disneyland instead (visiting some family and friends out there) and had an absolute blast. It was the boys first time visiting Disney and as of this morning, we just booked our first family (I grew up visiting but haven't been for years) DW trip for 11 nights starting the Saturday after Thanksgiving next year! We'll be spending our first 3 nights in a savannah view room at AKL and then moving to the BC to finish out the trip with 8 nights in a 1BR CL suite and I cannot wait to be back at the BC and to show our boys one of my all time favorite Disney resorts! Haven't posted much here, but I read through the threads often and just want to say how much I enjoy everyone around here and I can't wait to spend the next 11 months planning our first family DW trip! Merry Christmas and cheers!
Have a decision to make now! I've been checking (multiple times per day haha) to see if any 1BR villas became available for our stay and as of earlier today, I was able to book one for the full length of our stay (11 nights). It unfortunately wasn't available for the original 8 nights we planned to spend at the BC so we'll now be deciding between the original plan (above) or staying the entire time in the 1BR villa. Far prefer the layout of the villa so leaning that direction I think…

Have a decision to make now! I've been checking (multiple times per day haha) to see if any 1BR villas became available for our stay and as of earlier today, I was able to book one for the full length of our stay (11 nights). It unfortunately wasn't available for the original 8 nights we planned to spend at the BC so we'll now be deciding between the original plan (above) or staying the entire time in the 1BR villa. Far prefer the layout of the villa so leaning that direction I think…
The 1BR at BCV will have in-room laundry and a full kitchen for breakfast, snacks and drinks (although of course CL would include food). To me, having laundry easily available for an 11-night stay with kids as young as yours would make the decision very easy!

The 1BR at BCV will have in-room laundry and a full kitchen for breakfast, snacks and drinks (although of course CL would include food). To me, having laundry easily available for an 11-night stay with kids as young as yours would make the decision very easy!
Thank you for your response! We recently stayed in a 1BR Villa at the Villas at Disneyland Hotel and having the both really came in handy. Pretty sure we’ll go the villa route!

Dee- whenever you get a chance can you change our dates? We are going to be at BC the whole trip now so it will be June 11-21. Thanks!

Before Covid if you stayed in a Disney Resort and bought something in the parks whatever you purchased could be sent to your room or the front of the park, so you didn't have to carry it around all day.

Can someone tell me if this has returned?

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:

Before Covid if you stayed in a Disney Resort and bought something in the parks whatever you purchased could be sent to your room or the front of the park, so you didn't have to carry it around all day.

Can someone tell me if this has returned?

:rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow: :rainbow:
Nope...wish it had - it was a great perk!

Need help, We always stay at Yacht Club and it's our Favorite, I booked Beach Club with the discount water view, now Yacht Club has discount but for Resort view which could be Roof/Garden/Parking Lot I believe. I'm on the fence to modify reservation to Yacht Club :confused::confused::confused: It would be our first stay at Beach Club, has anyone done both if so which would you pick just curious.

Need help, We always stay at Yacht Club and it's our Favorite, I booked Beach Club with the discount water view, now Yacht Club has discount but for Resort view which could be Roof/Garden/Parking Lot I believe. I'm on the fence to modify reservation to Yacht Club :confused::confused::confused: It would be our first stay at Beach Club, has anyone done both if so which would you pick just curious.
It’s a crap shoot. With BC you may get a roof top view but I would say a 90 percent chance of a Juliet balcony (can’t sit on it) but with the YC there is a 90 percent chance even with a resort view you will get a full balcony. I have stayed in both and prefer the YC. It’s seems more quiet. As far as the pool, restaurants etc. you share all of them so you can go anywhere no matter which resort you pick. BC is a little closer to Epcot, and skyliner but it’s no more than a 10 minute walk to the international gateway. You can walk, take a boat or skyliner to HS also from either resort. A little more selection of items in the BC marketplace but Ale and Compass in my opinion in the YC is underrated for the food. Cape May is a blast for the morning and evening buffet, Morning has characters, Martha Vineyard is a decent lounge to get a drink as is Ale and Compass and Crew Cup. Yatchman’s steakhouse in my option is hit or miss with the food for the price you pay. The pool is the best on Disney property. YC is my favorite resort but BC is also very nice. If you chose the YC resort view just ask for a view not overlooking the rooftop. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Hope this helps.

I thought the Full/Juliet balconies were 50/50
Not in my experience at the BC. Full balconies are hard to get. Maybe another poster can help us out on that. Every stay I have had at the YC (about a dozen) I have had a full balcony. Every stay at the BC (about 6) never had a full balcony even with CL stays.

I put this together for a previous trip to help explain the differences (as I have exerienced) to my group:

BEACH CLUB PROS- Very pretty resort with pastels and soft colors. Closer to Epcot – Very nice grounds and ample seating area for eating quick service meals from Marketplace. Also has Villas as room choices.
BEACH CLUB CONS- Only rooms on ground, some 2nd floor, and top floors have balcony/patio, others (3rd and floor below top floor) are “standing balconies.” Cape May Restaurant can sometimes leave a very "fishy" smell in the lobby after their dinner.
YACHT CLUB PROS- Closer to Hollywood Studios, all rooms (except 1 or 2) have patio or balcony. Ale & Compass Restaurant – Table Service, but does “take out”.
YACHT CLUB CONS- More nautical décor, a bit more “adult” feel, less area for eating quick service meals from Marketplace.

I put this together for a previous trip to help explain the differences (as I have exerienced) to my group:

BEACH CLUB PROS- Very pretty resort with pastels and soft colors. Closer to Epcot – Very nice grounds and ample seating area for eating quick service meals from Marketplace. Also has Villas as room choices.
BEACH CLUB CONS- Only rooms on ground, some 2nd floor, and top floors have balcony/patio, others (3rd and floor below top floor) are “standing balconies.” Cape May Restaurant can sometimes leave a very "fishy" smell in the lobby after their dinner.
YACHT CLUB PROS- Closer to Hollywood Studios, all rooms (except 1 or 2) have patio or balcony. Ale & Compass Restaurant – Table Service, but does “take out”.
YACHT CLUB CONS- More nautical décor, a bit more “adult” feel, less area for eating quick service meals from Marketplace.
That’s pretty good.

It’s a crap shoot. With BC you may get a roof top view but I would say a 90 percent chance of a Juliet balcony (can’t sit on it) but with the YC there is a 90 percent chance even with a resort view you will get a full balcony. I have stayed in both and prefer the YC. It’s seems more quiet. As far as the pool, restaurants etc. you share all of them so you can go anywhere no matter which resort you pick. BC is a little closer to Epcot, and skyliner but it’s no more than a 10 minute walk to the international gateway. You can walk, take a boat or skyliner to HS also from either resort. A little more selection of items in the BC marketplace but Ale and Compass in my opinion in the YC is underrated for the food. Cape May is a blast for the morning and evening buffet, Morning has characters, Martha Vineyard is a decent lounge to get a drink as is Ale and Compass and Crew Cup. Yatchman’s steakhouse in my option is hit or miss with the food for the price you pay. The pool is the best on Disney property. YC is my favorite resort but BC is also very nice. If you chose the YC resort view just ask for a view not overlooking the rooftop. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Hope this helps.
Update I switched to Yacht Club as it is our favorite too :goodvibes, going to keep an eye out for water view if not I'm happy to go back to our Favor Resort :woohoo:

I thought the Full/Juliet balconies were 50/50
The full vs Juliet balconies is close to 50/50 at the Beach Club. The only thing that you can predict is that ground floor rooms have patios and rooms on the top floor of each wing mostly have dormer balconies. Some wings of the BC have only three floors, like the wing closest to the International Gateway. But otherwise, the other floors will have a combination of both full balconies and Juliet balconies. For example, we've had rooms on the third floor that had full balconies and we've had third floor rooms with a standing balcony. In fact, we once had a third-floor room with a full balcony and the room right next door to our room had a standing balcony. The balcony types switched in the middle of the building. This was a woods view room facing the woods next to Epcot.

The full vs Juliet balconies is close to 50/50 at the Beach Club. The only thing that you can predict is that ground floor rooms have patios and rooms on the top floor of each wing mostly have dormer balconies. Some wings of the BC have only three floors, like the wing closest to the International Gateway. But otherwise, the other floors will have a combination of both full balconies and Juliet balconies. For example, we've had rooms on the third floor that had full balconies and we've had third floor rooms with a standing balcony. In fact, we once had a third-floor room with a full balcony and the room right next door to our room had a standing balcony. The balcony types switched in the middle of the building. This was a woods view room facing the woods next to Epcot.
One thing that I use in order to get a good idea of room locations is Google Earth. Many floors are clearly visible, while some are blocked by the woods but if you play around with it enough, you can get a good idea of where rooms are. And which ones have better balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter