Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

One thing that I use in order to get a good idea of room locations is Google Earth. Many floors are clearly visible, while some are blocked by the woods but if you play around with it enough, you can get a good idea of where rooms are. And which ones have better balconies.

Just noticed your signature. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!! :goodvibes We’ll be celebrating 46 in September. Where did the time go??? 🤨

Sorry if this has been asked, but is room service available at the Yacht Club? I haven't been since it was not. Thanks for your help :disrocks:

The only resort that currently has room service is Grand Floridian. They haven't brought back room service to any other resort yet.
What the heck, I would have thought by now it would have returned. At this point I'm guessing it may never return like a lot of the other things that went away :sad::sad2: Thank You

I just saw on FB some of the new BC resort specific items. New ornaments, beach towel, Lounge fly etc. I'm wondering if these are currently in the marketplace. I'm specifically looking for the Beaches and Cream Lounge Fly for my upcoming trip. Would anyone be willing to take a look?

Well, we did it again. Had a CSR Club room booked, followed by a first time stay booked at BW. Saw a resort view room at BC that will save us $ so are headed back to our 2nd favorite resort (YC has become our fave). Had a great streak of 2 trips with no changes going and broke it already😂
Dee- could you add us to the BOG list for 4/2/-5/4/24 please and thank you!

How easy is it to get a King resort view room at BC? I dont really mind about the balcony, just the two of us and would much prefer the king room.

Is that a simple to fill request?

How easy is it to get a King resort view room at BC? I dont really mind about the balcony, just the two of us and would much prefer the king room.

You would need to call Disney reservations to have the request for a king room added to your reservation. It won't be a guarantee, though, but at least you can try. :)

You would need to call Disney reservations to have the request for a king room added to your reservation. It won't be a guarantee, though, but at least you can try. :)

I have received a King Room at BC by requesting by the phone and using the chat on MDE app. I did get a Juliet balcony.

Last edited:
So, i had a thought (dangerous I know). Plan is to show up at YC to check in at 7am on the monday our time at WDW starts (we are staying at Disney Springs the two nights before after the drive down from NJ). Check in, leave our stuff in the car and head off to which ever park we are going to first ( no idea of our schedule yet - headache for another day).
This is the way we've done it in the past - maybe we had to check in to have our tickets be active?? What if we skipped checking in and went straight to the parks? I am reticent to check in on the app incase someone decides to be nice to us face to face and not give us the room overlooking the parking lot. Not expecting an upgrade - i only expect to get what i paid for but don't see the computer being nice, and have had nice things happen once when we checked in in person.
too many words, sorry.. if you followed that... what do you think?
1) check in at 7am
or
2) check in after our morning/early afternoon in the park
:)
John

So, i had a thought (dangerous I know). Plan is to show up at YC to check in at 7am on the monday our time at WDW starts (we are staying at Disney Springs the two nights before after the drive down from NJ). Check in, leave our stuff in the car and head off to which ever park we are going to first ( no idea of our schedule yet - headache for another day).
This is the way we've done it in the past - maybe we had to check in to have our tickets be active?? What if we skipped checking in and went straight to the parks? I am reticent to check in on the app incase someone decides to be nice to us face to face and not give us the room overlooking the parking lot. Not expecting an upgrade - i only expect to get what i paid for but don't see the computer being nice, and have had nice things happen once when we checked in in person.
1) check in at 7am
or
John

The room assignments are done 3-5 days before you check in, whether or not you do online check in. Most tickets linked in MDE, will be active. Some like APs or special Florida tickets will probably need to be activated, but that can be done at the guest services window at the park gate. Even if you do online check in, you can still go to the front desk if you want. You don’t have to wait for the 3 pm check in time either. You can go to the desk even at 7am. They won’t give you a room number if the room isn’t ready. But they may be able to give you an idea of where it is. You can always ask if something else is available if you don’t like the general area.

1) check in at 7am
or
John
I would do the online check-in just to make sure everything is all synced up. Once you get the room assignment via text and in the MDE app you can always go to the front desk and see if you can get some pixie dust if you don't like what you got. There are websites where you can check on the views of each room, not sure if I can mention the specific one but I'm sure a google search will find it.

I would do the online check-in just to make sure everything is all synced up. Once you get the room assignment via text and in the MDE app you can always go to the front desk and see if you can get some pixie dust if you don't like what you got. There are websites where you can check on the views of each room, not sure if I can mention the specific one but I'm sure a google search will find it.
Agreed. I don't think checking in online affects anything with a chance for a pixie dust upgrade. I also don't think NOT checking in online improves the chances. The room will have been assigned already a couple days prior anyway. Either way, chatting with a cast member at the front desk will need to happen! If it were us, we'd stop by early, leave bags with bell, check at the front desk regarding the general area our room is, see if anything can be adjusted at that time (if necessary), make sure I'm set up to get text updates when the room is ready, head right to the room after we return from the parks, and call down to bell to have the bags brought up.

First stay at BC 2/1-2/5, super excited!! Wondering what I can expect pool hours to be during those dates?
I'd say very likely Stormalong Bay opening will be 10AM (it normally is 10, at least this time of year). Close, I'm not as sure, but probably 8PM or maybe as late as 11PM.

It’s been a while since I’ve visited this thread. I have fond memories of participating in the ‘Noodle Swap’ ( if anyone remembers) anyhoos we are staying at CBR at the end of this month but will be visiting Hurricane Hannah’s for a Yeung Ling and was wondering if Tom still works there? He was always so nice and always remembered my drink of choice even if we’d not seen him for a year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter