Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you everyone! The view isn't exactly at the top of the list of priorities, but wanted to see what others have experienced. Rarely have I seen a deluxe resort at this low of a rate (for Deluxe resort standards) so we're trying to jump on it!

I really dislike the gamble of booking "resort view"... who knows what you will get?? Could be a dumpster, or it could be the room we got last time (1071).

PXL_20231205_121036330.jpg

They were going to put us in a 3rd room facing the parking lot, and I went to the desk when we got there and politely, but persistantly, asked if there was a different room. We also both used scooters, and in our online check in had requested for ground floor since we really didn't want the hassle of the elevators, so that may have helped my request a bit. This is also categorized as a "resort view" room.

Hi everyone, we were lucky enough to be checking out the 35% off room only special and found a Beach Club Villa deluxe studio available in September, we weren't really planning a trip but just had to book at this price!

We will be there from 9/9 - 9/14! Please add us to the BOG list.

Yacht Club was the first resort we stayed at as a family many years ago, we've been there twice and once at the Beach Club, our most recent stays have been at the Swan & Dolphin.

This trip will be just myself and DH, probably the last adults only trip as our grandbabies are almost old enough to travel with us!

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJjK0Bzn3F4Y5eNQk1_k9fpO4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJiAyGTMRsGoeh3TjBgu3u5yldMTLfbtJ__wYVBQ_4iTow

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJhHIYDrhJ4QnfDMDjV4H95QVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg

I understand that the fold out couches are only available in some of the double queen rooms - I've put in a room request requesting a room with it but we're only 4 people. How are our odds? My 12 year old is being weird about having to share a bed with either his little brother (8) or one of us.

I understand that the fold out couches are only available in some of the double queen rooms - I've put in a room request requesting a room with it but we're only 4 people. How are our odds? My 12 year old is being weird about having to share a bed with either his little brother (8) or one of us.
Are you at YC or BC? I feel like the odds are decent at the YC, but I’m not sure of exact percentages of rooms that have daybeds, but it seems pretty high at YC.

If memory serves, we have always had a pull out sofa at YC. We have never stayed at BC because I love balconies. It is only my daughter and I on Disney trips.

The fold-down daybeds are available in the overwhelming majority of double queen rooms at YC.

We specifically requested one as a party of 4 when we visited in August (I used the touringplans fax tool, but you can also call and have the request added to your reservation), since our teen son and daughter refused to share a bed. We got one. If you find at checkin that your room lacks a daybed sofa (which according to my kids, was just as comfortable as a standard bed, even for my 6'2" son), politely ask to be reassigned to one that has it: for our family, it made a huge and positive difference in the "usability" of our room for our needs.

Oh whoops. How did I miss that - we're YC.

We're also there because we love balconies:D

And thank you. It's silly because yes, he could share with his brother, but being a pre-teen he really values his own space so it's so much nicer for him to have his own bed.

The beds are comfortable (at least if they're like the ones at the Poly)! I've napped in the one at the Polynesian as a 5'5 adult and it was totally fine.

And thank you. It's silly because yes, he could share with his brother, but being a pre-teen he really values his own space so it's so much nicer for him to have his own bed.

The beds are comfortable (at least if they're like the ones at the Poly)! I've napped in the one at the Polynesian as a 5'5 adult and it was totally fine.
Completely understand everyone wanting their own sleeping space. It’s nice to have that extra couch to hang out in the room or watch tv as well. I agree that it’s so nice to have that balcony as well.

Your odds of getting the daybed are very good at the YC, but not 100%. Contact Disney reservations and have the request added to your reservation. :)

we are traveling home via the AutoTrain, leaving YC and heading to Sanford. Is EZPass accepted on the I-4 ? I've been trying to research this, even using the i4express website. THought maybe some other EZPass users might be here and know.
TIA,
John

Folks - my family was initially going to stay at AKL this summer (August) for a week. Well...my DW and I talked it over and we were able to squeeze a little more of our budget to change to YC. Our last visit to WDW was BC in 2021 (Covid-19 rules were still a thing - although lessening) and there wasn't a lot of pin trading going on.

Long story, short. Is there a pin trading board / shadow box or pin trading activity at YC/BC or BWI. I have searched for some activity sheets for YC/BC and I cannot find anything but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Any advice for my pin loving DW and DD would be monumentally appreciated.

Folks - my family was initially going to stay at AKL this summer (August) for a week. Well...my DW and I talked it over and we were able to squeeze a little more of our budget to change to YC. Our last visit to WDW was BC in 2021 (Covid-19 rules were still a thing - although lessening) and there wasn't a lot of pin trading going on.

Long story, short. Is there a pin trading board / shadow box or pin trading activity at YC/BC or BWI. I have searched for some activity sheets for YC/BC and I cannot find anything but maybe I'm not looking in the right places. Any advice for my pin loving DW and DD would be monumentally appreciated.

I remember seeing a pin trading board at the beach club marketplace recently. It was over by the side entrance near the resort-specific merchandise.

I stayed at BC last month and saw a pin board at the front checkin and at one of the stands selling holiday treats in the main lobby

There has been a pin trading Board in the Community Hall at BoardWalk. You don't have to be a DVC member or staying at the BoardWalk to go in there. If you have your back to Crescent Lake and are looking at the BoardWalk, there is an alleyway on the right which is between the artsy shop and the hotel building. I think you go through there and follow the signs. (No matter how many times I stay at BoardWalk, I always get confused about the layout outside.)

Pre-COVID, the "greeter" at Beach Club would have some pins on them.

My advice would be to ask at the front desk and gift shop at YC and BC and BoardWalk. They might have a pin board hidden out of sight.

I don't think there are pin-related activities at any of those hotels.

Has anyone noticed that the Yacht Club has no rooms available May 19-21? NO other resort is sold out. Yacht Club has a conference at that time, but I find no room availability odd.
We booked our trip for May several months ago and there wasn't even availability then. It is crazy!

We booked our trip for May several months ago and there wasn't even availability then. It is crazy!
We Are booked May 5-11 Yacht Club, I booked a while ago. I was able to apply the latest discount as well. Keep checking, everyday if you can, you may luck out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter