Disneyworld Scavenger hunts and “collecting” activities

Keladry84

Mouseketeer
I’m heading to WDW first time mid-March – solo adult traveler. One thing I’m interested in doing are “collection” type activities and scavenger hunts, paper-based rather than app/digital. I’m fine with either paid or free, but am trying to figure out what is available in each park. Also would like input on if it would get awkward as an adult do any of these.

Here’s what I’ve found:

Magic Kingdom
- A Pirates adventure treasure hunt
- hidden Pascals in Fantasyland

Epcot
- Epcot Passport
- Kidcot (would this be awkward for an adult to do?)
- Flower and Garden Scavenger Hunt
- Easter Extravaganza (pending start date)
- Duck Tale World Showcase in Play Disney app

Animal Kingdom
- Wilderness Explorers (awkward for an adult??)
- bird search laminated sheets in the aviaries (on 2 walks)

Hollywood Studios
- galaxy edge bounty hunter game (play disney app)
- any non-app ones????

Port of New Orleans French Quarter
- is there anything going on here mid-March? I ran across some they’ve had in the past but don’t know if any are currently going on.

Transportation
- transportation cards (bus, boat, monorail, skyliner)

Other things mentioned by posters:
- flattened pennies
- some resorts might have one (hit or miss)
- hidden mickeys
- Starbucks mugs
- checklist of character sightings

What other things are available at any of the above-listed places??

*Note: Updated above list on 3/4 with suggestions from replies. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
The galaxy edge bounty hunter game in HS , you need a MB +, you tap it to assignment board and are given a bounty. You wonder around Galaxy Edge and the band will react and turn colors red as cold , green as hot , purple as found your bounty. You only have to use the play Disney app briefly to scan the door where the bounty is.

Epcot has a Duck Tale World Showcase in Play Disney app, it gives you various tasks to complete and it will trigger effects in the world showcase. But it’s app based instructions

I’m heading to WDW first time mid-March – solo adult traveler. One thing I’m interested in doing are “collection” type activities and scavenger hunts, paper-based rather than app/digital. I’m fine with either paid or free, but am trying to figure out what is available in each park. Also would like input on if it would get awkward as an adult do any of these.

Here’s what I’ve found:

Magic Kingdom

Epcot
- Epcot Passport

Animal Kingdom

Hollywood Studios
- ?? (there’s the star wars one but that’s app based and I’m also not a SW fan)

- is there anything going on here mid-March? I ran across some they’ve had in the past but don’t know if any are currently going on.

Transportation

There's a ducktales adventure in epcot that is tons of fun. DH and I did it in Jan on our adult trip lol

We have done a few of the ones for the various festivals and it's fun finding the various characters in the countries. We've also spend an afternoon doing the bounty hunter one in Galaxy's Edge, but the Epcot one was way more fun for us.

I don't think any of them are awkward with maybe the exception of the kidcot stations. These tend to have a lot of coloring/arts n craft type activities (but hey, if that's something you want to do, go for it). I thin the passport in Epcot makes a nice souvenir for either kid or adult.

I don't think any of them are awkward with maybe the exception of the kidcot stations. These tend to have a lot of coloring/arts n craft type activities (but hey, if that's something you want to do, go for it). I thin the passport in Epcot makes a nice souvenir for either kid or adult.
With the Kidcot I’d be more interested in just collecting the card and would skip the active coloring, but since you need to ask a cm for it (at least from what Ive read) I’m wondering if I’d get weird looks from them…:/ I’d probably keep the cards to color with my nieces when I see them a couple months later.

With the Kidcot I’d be more interested in just collecting the card and would skip the active coloring, but since you need to ask a cm for it (at least from what Ive read) I’m wondering if I’d get weird looks from them…:/ I’d probably keep the cards to color with my nieces when I see them a couple months later.

For the EP Kidcot stations, sometimes the CMs hand them to you, but sometimes they are just on a table and you pick them up. Either way, I don't think there's much of an expectation outside of saying "hi" and/or "thank you" regardless of your age.

For AK Wilderness Explorers, I don't remember seeing too many adults by themselves with the CMs during our trips. But as long as you are interested in animals and natures, they absolutely would be interested in telling you all they know about their area. If you go on a busier day, there will likely be kids already there, and you can slide in to listen to the spiel.

For the MK Pirate's Adventure, this is a lot of fun for any age. Keep in mind this important thing - "You may start your adventure up until 30 minutes before Adventureland closes." We visited the park on an early closing date and the building was closed around 5:30.

My husband and son (11) both enjoy the Pirates Adventure at MK. We’ve also had fun as a family with the Epcot Easter egg hunts when we’re there during the right time of year. I don’t think you’d get a strange look as an adult doing any of it: this is Disney! Kids and kids at heart are welcome everywhere. Do what makes you happy! 🙂

Here’s what I’ve found:

Magic Kingdom

Epcot
- Epcot Passport

Animal Kingdom

Hollywood Studios

Transportation

Thanks for compiling this list. I'm looking forward to trying all these on my solo trip in March. I'd also prefer not to do the app-based hunts, though I was a Duck Tales junkie as a kid!

I tried Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom a few years back and really enjoyed it. Then a week after I got home, they announced its closing!

Here’s what I’ve found:

Magic Kingdom

Epcot
- Epcot Passport

Animal Kingdom

Hollywood Studios

Transportation

Don't worry about that-The CMS are VERY used to seeing all forms of Guest groups including Solos-they won't bat an eye.

Last edited:
What about non-official scavenger hunts? A popular vlog that I'm not sure I can mention did a bunch of scavenger hunt bingo contests back in 2020-2022. You obviously wouldn't do them as a competition but I think it could be fun solo.

These weren’t on your list but Wilderness Lodge has a fun one you can grab at the front desk. I believe there’s also a skyliner resorts one and Caribbean beach had there own individual. Riviera has a hide and seek thing where you find a character who’s name is escaping me.

We did the pressed penny machines one year.
The ones at Universal have like 8 designs at every machine - are the ones at Disney like that or are there only 3 or 4? It seems like if there's a large number it would end up being a LOT of pressed pennies! (and was there any kind of map or way to know that you found them all??)

Don't forget about the charter satues if you have the play disny app on your phone logged in with the same email as your my disney experince acout you can collet them as well with amagig band +.

Hi, all! Is there currently a scavenger hunt at EPCOT, like the previous Kim Possible and Phineas and Ferb ones? I’ll be traveling with an 11-year old Star Wars fan (I know about the bounty hunter game at DHS) and an 8-year old Phineas and Ferb fan.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, all! Is there currently a scavenger hunt at EPCOT, like the previous Kim Possible and Phineas and Ferb ones? I’ll be traveling with an 11-year old Star Wars fan (I know about the bounty hunter game at DHS) and an 8-year old Phineas and Ferb fan.

Thanks in advance!
Please see posts above.

The ones at Universal have like 8 designs at every machine - are the ones at Disney like that or are there only 3 or 4? It seems like if there's a large number it would end up being a LOT of pressed pennies! (and was there any kind of map or way to know that you found them all??)

We did it about 8 years ago, so the details are escaping me. In the app, if you go under "Guest Services", there is an option to view "Coin Press Machines" and you can view them on a map. (I'm assuming this is the penny machines??) It looks like there are a lot, but maybe there could be a theme...like all the countries in Epcot, etc.

A few other ideas:
-Hidden Mickeys
-If you're into coffee, each park has a Starbucks 'you are here' type mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter