• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyworld tycoon APP/game

My favorite was 3, and when I told people that they all glared at me, but I loved the realism of it! Each of the 3 have their distinct charms though. Little jealous that you play 2 every week, I still have a park that I'm so close to beating but I keep forgetting to put it in my laptop
I'm playing just for fun now, creating huge parks and inovating. I'm using a mod version on top of the software itself, it's called 'Openrct2' have you heard of it? It's nice cause you can modify a lot of the aspects of the game plus it has a lot of cheats and make you able to control everything to maximize the fun factor. :)

I'm playing just for fun now, creating huge parks and inovating. I'm using a mod version on top of the software itself, it's called 'Openrct2' have you heard of it? It's nice cause you can modify a lot of the aspects of the game plus it has a lot of cheats and make you able to control everything to maximize the fun factor. :)
Does that mean I can turn down the intensity factor? Every time I built a coaster in RCT2 it told me it was too intense

Does that mean I can turn down the intensity factor? Every time I built a coaster in RCT2 it told me it was too intense
Kinda, you can't turn down the intensity of the rides but you can make people ignore the intensity factor of the rides and make them prefer less or more intense. There's a lot of controls you can access to modify the experience! It's really great! I discovered this a couple of months ago

I've messed with this disney game for 5 days now, just to see how it goes. I fire it up while waking up, send everyone on their missions, check it around lunch, and then again when I get home.

As others have said, it's just like Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff or Simpsons: Tapped Out mechanically. My interests were to see if it was as build on the pay model as those games though. Both Family Guy and Simpsons tie a LOT of their newer content to their pay currency. Currently, there is not much in the game tied to "Gems". And looking at the ways to earn gems, I can see be able to save up for one of the "premium" rides if someone stuck with this about 3-4 weeks. In other words, the way it skews towards the pay model, as far as having items that are impossible to obtain otherwise, is actually somewhat fair.... if you are the patient type that finds enjoyment in repeating tasks.

Which takes me to the missions. In Simpsons and Family Guy, there is somewhat witty writing for most missions. This can literally be boiled down to Goofy wants a sandwhich, make him go look for one. 2 hours later. Goofy didn't find one, have him check the fun wheel. 4 hours later. Silly goofy, you have to make a sandwhich, not find it. Go make a sandwich! 6 hours later. Boy goof, thats a great looking sandwich, can I have one? - Sure Mickey, let me make you one. Repeat process.

The first game world seems totally based around "beating" evil Pete, but there is no clear quest path leading to him. It suggests goofy's quests will eventually get you there, but I've had him disappear and stop giving me quests several times, presumably while I got past a certain point with other characters. Like Family Guy and Simpsons, characters need to be "upgraded" to perform certain tasks. Unlike those games, I've brought a new character in just to be told there very first mission requires them to be level 2. So after collecting parts and rare items for 2 days to get them, I get to go back and do it again to level them up.

Currently I have 3 plots of land unlocked with a 4th one on 12 hour countdown. All 4 plots are full, so I can't build more if I wanted to. Decorations are pointless wastes of magic and gems. In other games they give you boosts to XP, money, or other in game currencies. Here they do nothing. The game will tell you to build 2 rose bushes, and you do, and that's it. They do nothing for you except take up space and cost you magic. Giving them some sort of value would be nice.

I'm going to keep tapping away for a little while longer just to see how things go. I play these games with the mindset that I refuse to spend cash on them, so I am generally curious how far a person can actually get with something like this when they refuse to pony up.

I came across the first huge time sink hurdle this morning. Yesterday I unlocked the part of the map with the first areas boss, Pete. That leaves 4 more "cursed" sections in the first land that appear to be optional to unlock. Presumably, after beating Pete it will open up Tomorrowland and Zurg as the next missions.

So far, unlocking a cursed section has cost anywhere from between a few thousand up to around eight thousand magic. If I want to unlock the next section in this land it is 25,000 magic (!).

I find this interesting for a few reasons....

a: Currently I'm pulling in about 5,000 magic a day, between missions and the buildings generating it.
b: I'm spending about 4,000 a day upgrading characters to their next level.
c: I own every available attraction and concession stand available to me at this point, including some daily play awards like Tinker Bell and her Pixie Hollow section.
Currently that is 8 attractions and 4 stores. All of these fit within the first 3 unlocked sections. Currently I have nothing left bo build in the fourth section I unlocked. As previously mentioned, the land has 4 more cursed sections to unlock. My point in all this is, there aren't really any rides left for this area to build. Looking at the locked rides in the store, they are almost all themed to Tomorrowland or Fantasyland.

My best guess is the layout is somewhat more inspired by Disneyland than Magic Kingdom, which would explain why the Ferris Wheel and the loop coaster are in the first land. Going with this theme, the primary stuff that fits here is Toy Story buildings and Mickey's gangs houses.

The short of it is, if you try and stick with the various lands themeing, there simply is not enough content to justify blowing 25k magic on unlocking a section when you don't have anything left to build there anyways. On the other hand, most people playing are trying to make a nice looking park.... so having giant swaths of land "cursed" sucks. So if I stick with this long enough, I'll be blowing weeks worth of play time... I use the term play very loosely.... just to unlock sections that have nothing I can really build in them.

I suppose I could spread out my current buildings a bit more, but that's about it.

I'm surprised by how little content is actually in the game for something that was announced so long ago and is based on such a familiar formula.

So did you defeat Pete? I am getting a little frustrated with no obvious way to defeat him.

I'm frustrated with this game overall :(
Silly actions, expensive gems objects/attractions, few regular objects/attractions, silly storyline with silly quests and the most annoying at all, HUGE waits :S
I thought it would be so much fun and a new great way to keep the Disney Magic alive day by day.

I'm frustrated with this game overall :(
Silly actions, expensive gems objects/attractions, few regular objects/attractions, silly storyline with silly quests and the most annoying at all, HUGE waits :S
I thought it would be so much fun and a new great way to keep the Disney Magic alive day by day.

You forgot to mention no actual skill involved.

There's no strategy to it, no puzzle solving, nothing.

I spent some money... All it did was get me some extra characters and buildings. Then it was boring again.

I'm being critical but I'm still playing it, hoping that they better the gameplay.

I'm bored and confused by this game. I play Clash of Clans and thought this would be like that.

So far all I've been able to figure out is that I log in every once in a while and click on my Ferris wheel and mickey's house to collect resources. Is that pretty much all there is to it?

I'm bored and confused by this game. I play Clash of Clans and thought this would be like that.

So far all I've been able to figure out is that I log in every once in a while and click on my Ferris wheel and mickey's house to collect resources. Is that pretty much all there is to it?
And each character has quests to complete. If a character has an ! They have an quest to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter