Disneyworld vs. Land!?!

Here's direct from the Disney World website. February isn't available yet, but not really close to 2k 409826

The multi day pass price is an advantage to WDW, to get your moneys worth you really need to stay a week, after 4 days the cost is like $10 a day. A 3 day pass is not a very good deal

Pacific Ocean was freezing cold in early June when we went to San Diego for a marathon and then went to DL for a few days. Our water in SW Florida is still a bit cold in February and I live at the end of I75 near Naples.

I would do Disneyland for such a short trip even though Florida would give you the best shot of going to the beach in February. But Florida can get really cold in February so it's a gamble.

When I look on the site it doesn’t have 2020 rates ..do they generally not change?
Prices are based on season. February isn't a high rate season like Thanksgiving or Christmas, but even looking at 3 day passes for Christmas it's less than 2000 dollars for 4 3 day tickets.

Prices are based on season. February isn't a high rate season like Thanksgiving or Christmas, but even looking at 3 day passes for Christmas it's less than 2000 dollars for 4 3 day tickets.
:confused3 Did the OP mention she was only pricing one-park-per-day tickets? With hoppers or if she’s coming from abroad and factoring in exchange, the price goes way up. Last time I bought a 1 day hopper at DLR it was about $160/pp in CAD.

I can't speak to the Atlantic side of the state, but I've lived on the Gulf Coast in the Clearwater area for almost 5 years and wouldn't get in the water in February. While the land temperatures can be plenty warm (we had a day hit 90 this year), the water temp is not the same. You could go walk and shell and such. But it can also be quite cold as well. We moved in here in February from Michigan and while it was warmer than back home, we were still wearing jackets here that year. It's a gamble what you'll get here that time of year. Anything from 40 and crazy windy, to 90 and humid as heck. But the water will still be cold either way.

409906Here's a 3 day ticket in February (the 2020 packages were released this morning). Most expensive single day for Feb is 122 dollars. Hopefully this helps. If you're only going to be at DW for 3 days, I wouldn't waste money on Park Hoppers as you'll probably want a full day in each park (hopping takes a LONG time in DW). Also remember these are prices direct from Disney, like others have said, you can save a hundred dollars or more by buying through another company.

For young kids like you have, Disneyland is a much better option.

Transportation is not an issue at all in Disneyland. You can be back to your hotel in less than 5 minutes walking, compared to 30 minutes by bus for DisneyWorld (assuming you're staying at one of the All-Star resorts). Much better for naps or to save money by eating in the hotels or off-site. Downtown Disney is between both Disneyland parks, so it's close as well. I also feel that taking the buses at DisneyWorld loses the Disney feel. At Disneyland you walk from the parks right to your hotel inside Disney, never losing the feel.

Disneyland is not as spread out, thus less walking for the little ones. It's still plenty big to spend a lot of time there. We went for 8 days with my 6-year old, a 5-year old and a 3-year old. Perfect for them, they loved it. Stayed at the Grand Californian - and we could watch the park out our window at night.

At DisneyWorld - Epcot? Kids that age won't like it. You'll bore them the day you go there.

My daughter will be 13 next time we go. We are going to DisneyWorld this time as she is bigger and can handle it all. She will enjoy Epcot better at 13. Plus, we're not bringing handicapped grandparents with us, so it's no problem for us to all get around.

Note that many of the rides are different: In Disneyland, Raiders of the Lost Ark is a ride, not a show. In Disneyland, It's a Small World actually has it's own huge castle. The history is there too - you can take a tour and visit Walt's old office on Main Street. And there's Cars Land at Disneyland which doesn't exist (yet?) at DisneyWorld. Of course, there are so many other things at DisneyWorld that are only there.

I would always suggest someone to go to Disneyland when the kids are really young, where transportation is not an issue, and then when the kids are 8+ go to DisneyWorld.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter