Displaying your snowglobes

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hi: I am trying to get ideas how to display my collection of snowglobes? How or where does everyone else who collects snowglobes display them? Thanks,

Debbie

I keep mine in 2 huge curio cabinets in my living room. Both are now full and I keep overflow in extra bedroom.

I put shelves up with mirror behind them. This looks best if you have mirror on both sides of shelf brackets. For example, in my case on the wall I put up a 4" by 48" mirror on the wall followed by a 48" bracket then a 40" by 48" mirror followed by a 48" bracket then another 4" by 48" mirror. I then installed 3 shelves. Then I put up track lighting to shine on them (and other parts of the room). This looks great.

Hi.

My oldest daughter collects (and youngest daughter) Disney Snow Globes. Our oldest girl asked for a curio cabinet for Christmas. We found one at Value City Furniture (their Signature brand which is a nice heavy oak cabinet) for $199.00. We gave it to her early (it was delivered this past Friday). It has glass sides and front with a mirrored back. It also has a light. The globes really look good in this cabinet.

We also know a girl that collects Snow Globes that has shelving that goes around the room (about to the top of a window). She has them going all around the room (about 40 of them). All Disney Snow Globes.

Wow, some great ideas. Mine are sitting on my t.v. cabinet, but it is dark, no mood lighting. So I think I will look into some of these ideas. I wondered about a mirror and lights. They just didn't seem to look right where I had them. Thanks,

Debbie.

I finally broke down and bought a $400 "collector's" curio from Montgomery Ward before they went out of business. It has 8 shelves instead of the usual 4. It looks good, but it was very expensive! Could've have bought MORE snowglobes!

I was just thinking when I put out my Christmas ones...someone should invent a shelf system that bolts them in and turns them all around at the same time, so they can "snow".

Vivienne

Mine are on regular bookshelves plus a curio cabinet with mirrors. Oh wait some are in a china cabinet too. But they all are in the same room! I have mostly Disney ones, but I have quite a few from the Music Box store too.

I've been saving all my extra money from Christmas & b-days & rebates and garage sales for the past 18 months or so to get a big HDTV and a home theater wall unit with the light bridge and left/right media units and left/right curio cabinets. I can't wait to finally order and display my Disney Snowglobes and store all my Disney video collection.

Here's a picture, I plan to get in the cherry finish:

http://www.sandiegofurniture.net/81_kensington.htm

I just hope they all fit in there, I have approaching 40 or so, time to quit but they keep making such nice ones. Really love my Parade globes, I think I will put them on the main light bridge shelf.

thats the cabinet I want! I didnt see anything about price for that cabinent, could you let me know the price??

dzneprincess: IF you get the one that is shown on the website in the "natural" or "whitewashed finish" but you can get in oak or cherry Kensington 81", it includes the bridge, the base, the left & right media units and the left and right curio cabinets, they quoted me around 3900.00 including shipping. Compared to the search after search I have done via Google for other solid hardwood home theater wall units, most of which have distressed or heavily distressed finishes which I don't like, it is actually a very good price also compared to North Carolina prices. I also spoke with the President/Owner of the company and asked about construction details and the backs of the pieces are screwed on, NOT nailed or stapled on, a good indication of quality construction. Also the slide out video storage, I forget exactly the amount he said but when pulled out they would hold a good sized grown man standing on them. I'm almost ready to purchase, but had hoped the TV I wanted would drop in price and we have been busy with two Disney trips since he sent the sample of the stained wood. I was looking at the RCA 61" widescreen HDTV and was about ready to buy but now RCA has come out with a new upscale line called the Scenium so I might have to wait and investigate these new intro's. There are so many variables to learn about HDTV I just haven't had time to properly study before I buy. I'll drop you a picture when I get it and get all my snowglobes displayed!

Quackertoo: Can you post it on this site, that would be great for all of us to see. Thanks in advance.

Deb.

Mines are on the computer desk thingy! I have 4 and no more ... but always looking for more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter