Disradio

The cost of running it just didn't make sense any more. I was personally paying nearly $10k a year to keep the station ad free and high quality. As was pointed out, playing music through Live365 requires payments to ASCAP and BMI (rightfully so) so that artists can be compensated for their work.

We have other projects we're investing in where I felt that money would go to better use.

Sorry to disappoint, but thanks for listening to it over the years! Trust me though, the money is being put to some very good use!! ;)

Pete

:thumbsup2

Thank you Pete for providing this station for us fans!!! I will surely miss DisRadio because it was my way of keeping the magic during the months that I was not at Disney. It also made me think about the details that I don't normally think about in the park...the music!!

Are there any other stations comparable to the one you so nicely provided to us?

Any other suggestions?

Intercot doesn't work from my work pc, never has. I'm on mouseworld now, it's ok but not the DIS radio. The longer loops and songs tend to get old.

DIS radio was the only way I made it thru work somedays so I need a replacement. I appreciate the owners providing it for us as long as they did.

Although I can understand how it could be incredibly expensive to maintain, I do thank you, Pete, for the years that I have enjoyed DISradio. Like some of the other posts, I did pay through Paypal some to help...but didn't realize it was costing you $10k a year! Wowziers. Thanks for the daily escape while stuck at my boring desk :thumbsup2

Wow, that's terrible news. DIS radio is one of the things that makes my long runs enjoyable.

Pete, if you ever think of bringing it back, my husband is an executive at BMI.

I will really miss DIS Radio. Thank you for the service while it lasted. Your station was exceptional in that all the audio was clear and the loops played a variety of music from all the different parks. I will miss the Soarin music the most.

On really stressful days I would listen to that track and close my eyes and I could just visually see myself sitting in the ride and the different scenes playing on the screen.

Thank you for all you do. :thumbsup2

Pete, thank you for the wonderful years that I was able to listen. Dis Radio will be missed !!!

The cost of running it just didn't make sense any more. I was personally paying nearly $10k a year to keep the station ad free and high quality. As was pointed out, playing music through Live365 requires payments to ASCAP and BMI (rightfully so) so that artists can be compensated for their work.

We have other projects we're investing in where I felt that money would go to better use.

Sorry to disappoint, but thanks for listening to it over the years! Trust me though, the money is being put to some very good use!! ;)

Pete

Another who has appreciated the support throughout the last years :goodvibes

I've enjoyed the stations for many years. Sorry to see it go, but totally understand. Thanks, Pete!

I listened thru our apple tv under the radio tab.
Are there any other stations on the apple tv radio like DISradio?

Also

Does Pandora have a station that plays Disney park music/audio?

I really like the Jukebox feature at www.d-cot.com. You can browse by park and even resort and build your own custom playlists.

The Epcot Innoventions and Main Street USA loops are awesome!

THANKS for over 6 years of DIS Radio.....As much as I can understand the need to invest the resources wisely....I will miss my morning routine of trying to catch the monorail sound track to start my day with a smile. Good thing I have my monorail sound track CD to hold me over. THANKS AGAIN for sharing the Magic for all these years!!

Even though I did miss it today, I completely understand why it had to end.

Thanks for providing it for as long as you did.:)

Although I am a DJ at another Disney station on Live365, I've had nothing but the utmost respect for DIS Radio. I was shocked to find out about this and while it may sound odd I'm like everyone else here in that I'm sorry to see it go.

Thank you for making such a huge contribution to the Disney fan community.

I, like Uncle Servo and many others have mentioned, appreciate what the DIS has brought to the Disney fan community. I will say that Sorcerer Radio has also assisted in efforts with Give Kids the World even producing public service announcements that ran on both Sorcerer Radio and the DIS and provided them to other radio stations and podcasts.

If DIS boards members would like to find an alternative to DIS Radio might I suggest Sorcerer Radio. There are many ways to listen on your mobile device (iPhone and Android), Live365, as well as over the website at wwwSRSounds.com.

Sorcerer Radio has been around for over 11 years now providing the best music and programming straight from the Disney fan community. I urge you all to check it out and tell your friends.

LINK to Sorcerer Radio mobile apps: srsounds.com/joom_15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=107

I have been a DIS Unplugged listener now for over 6 years and appreciate what Pete and crew do. So please keep up the great work on the boards and with the podcast!

Are there any other stations comparable to the one you so nicely provided to us?

Any other suggestions?

Intercot doesn't work from my work pc, never has. I'm on mouseworld now, it's ok but not the DIS radio. The longer loops and songs tend to get old.

DIS radio was the only way I made it thru work somedays so I need a replacement. I appreciate the owners providing it for us as long as they did.

Here's my preset list at live365.com:

FastPass Radio

Magical Mouse Radio

Park Hopper Radio

WDW Live Radio

Diz on Demand

Magic 24.7 Radio

Mouse House Radio

Buena Vista Radio

Sorcerer Radio

E Ticket Radio (this one is for Disneyland)

Magic Radio

MouseJunkies (which I'm listening to as a type this)

Reedy Creek Radio

MouseWorld Radio

D-Magic Radio is also good, but you have to pay to listen to it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter