• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Distance around OKW and to DTD and back

geffric

<font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell
If this is covered in an earlier pos, I can't find it so please provide the link..

DS#1 is a cross country runner and will be in training for season during our July trip.. He needs ( wants) to run 3 -5 miles per time twice per day. I explained that this would be easy as there is a loop around OKW and then to DTD and back. He asked how many miles for each? I am not sure, does anyone know..

Thanks

I don't know about the loop around OKW, but is it just under 1 mile (one way) to DtD alnong the trail that starts near OKW bldg. 55

It is 0.93 miles from Building 55 at OKW to Cirque at DD - one way. If he's running in the early morning (when few are at DD) he can run all the way thru DD, over the SSR pathway from DD, thru SSR and back to OKW and the total should be around 4 miles for that circuit. If he runs thru OKW - tracing the bus route thru each of the residential areas (Miller Road, Peninsular Road, Old Turtle Pond Road and thru the South Point area it will be about 1.5 - 2 miles for one loop without going to DD.

This would allow him to run on fairly safe walkways and sidewalks with minimum of auto interference. They do not allow runners on the golf course (ask me how I know), but the OKW/SSR pathway is fine.

Enjoy!

I've been working on putting photo walks on my site, I have an Old Key West walk here http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=48 and Saratoga Springs/Downtown Disney walk here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=24&Itemid=50

I'd not wear an Ipod or anything on the trail to/from OKW/DD, there are a lot of service vehicles which come through. More than I'd prefer, I like FW since it doesn't have too many. But it's still a beautiful area to walk/run, and you could make laps around - depending on how many miles he wants to go. You'll notice how really empty Downtown Disney is - I really enjoy exercising there in the very early morning! The Cirque/HOB area parking lot is also very empty then, so he could run a little extra there if he wanted as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter