Distance between Universal Studios and Disney World?

PhonicksMunky

Earning My Ears
We, a family of three, are planning on going to Orlando this July. My dad says we should buy a ticket package for Universal Studios of 2 days and not even worry about going to Disney World. I protested against this because DW is one of the main reasons I want to go. So I guess we're going to do both through our 6 night/5 day stay. Any recommendations for what ticket packages we should buy? We want to do both DW and US as I said before in a 5 day period. Should that be plenty of time? My dad doesn't really think we'll have time to do both parks. Should we just focus on one? I want to be able to do IOA as well as do a good bit of the rides in DW's four kingdoms. I'm hoping to get Fastpasses (I think that's what they're called), so what should I expect as far as wait times? And if I order the tickets online how would I go about adding the FP? We're going July 16th-22nd.

Also, what is the approximate distance between the two parks? Any suggestions on hotels that would be suited for our trip?

Sorry about all the questions, I actually have a lot more since this is my first time going (I'm 15, kinda sad huh?).

TIA

the parks are about 10 miles apart. Universal sells a 2 park - 1 day pass available only the gates. or you could buy a one day ticket to IOA and if you think you have time to go to US, you can add US for $10 before you leave IOA. Universal also sells an Express Pass, which gets you into every attraction that has an EP line once. that cuts down standby times, especially in the summer.

you're going to be tired and not see everything, but you can do 5 parks in 5 days without a problem.

IMHO are you crazy? Just the heat will kill you trying to do the 5 parks in 5 days. They are about 20-25 min. away from each other.

I would definatly go to all the parks. we payed for the fast pass thing at universal. It was so worth it. We had to stand in line for 10 min athe the most while other people were in line for 30 min to over 1 hour. But you have to buy 1st thing in the morning or even the day before because they only sell so many. Then Disney is a must too. You can rest when you get home. That is unless you want to relax on your vacation. Both Disney and Universal want you so the tickets get cheaper the more days you stay. Good Luck!

So if I order the tickets online I'll have to buy the Fastpass when I get there? Any way of ordering it online?

Also, what about a hotel? Would it be better to have one nearest DW or US?

you can buy the Express Passes online as well. can't help you with hotels, we live an hour away, so we just drive home. we've got a couple of hotel hookups in case we do stay over, and you don't want to know the rate. ;)

My DS is your age, so taking what he likes to do into the picture, I would try to stay on-site at Universal so that you can get front of the line. It has really cool thrill rides and he likes it better than Disney.

If you are staying for 5 or 6 days and have a car, could you split your stay and stay a couple of nights at universal and a couple at Disney? Magic Kingdom is cool because it is Magic Kingdom. The next one he likes is MGM because of Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. Epcot has lots to see and do and my last pick would be Animal Kingdom. Its not as teen friendly as the others.

Universal has great ticket prices that you can buy on-line. They are usually offering 5 days for $99 tickets. The universal board is a great place to get information!

powellrj said:
My DS is your age, so taking what he likes to do into the picture, I would try to stay on-site at Universal so that you can get front of the line. It has really cool thrill rides and he likes it better than Disney.

If you are staying for 5 or 6 days and have a car, could you split your stay and stay a couple of nights at universal and a couple at Disney? Magic Kingdom is cool because it is Magic Kingdom. The next one he likes is MGM because of Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller Coaster. Epcot has lots to see and do and my last pick would be Animal Kingdom. Its not as teen friendly as the others.

Universal has great ticket prices that you can buy on-line. They are usually offering 5 days for $99 tickets. The universal board is a great place to get information!

Do you think there's really enough to do to last us 5 days just at US? I doubt my parents are up for staying at two different hotels. I don't really know when we'll go back to Florida so I really want to do both.

The only problem with going to just US is that my dad gets really dizzy on rides that go upside down or spin around a lot, so that puts a lot of my type of rides out. Which is one reason I want the FOTL, so I don't have to stand in line with random people for so long. It's not the same when you have to ride alone than riding with a friend or something (which isn't an option at this point).

PhonicksMunky said:
Do you think there's really enough to do to last us 5 days just at US? I doubt my parents are up for staying at two different hotels. I don't really know when we'll go back to Florida so I really want to do both.

The only problem with going to just US is that my dad gets really dizzy on rides that go upside down or spin around a lot, so that puts a lot of my type of rides out. Which is one reason I want the FOTL, so I don't have to stand in line with random people for so long. It's not the same when you have to ride alone than riding with a friend or something (which isn't an option at this point).

5 days at UO is really stretching it staying onsite. I don't know what your budget is for a resort room, but July at UO fills up fast and isn't exactly the cheapest in the Orlando area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter