• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Distracting adverts

Dcgc28

DISdad #864.
Is there any option, paid I’d assume, to upgrade our account to cut down on ads? They’re horrible on mobile. I understand the site needs them for money. But is there, or has there ever been a discussion for, a paid feature to get rid of them?

Is there any option, paid I’d assume, to upgrade our account to cut down on ads? They’re horrible on mobile. I understand the site needs them for money. But is there, or has there ever been a discussion for, a paid feature to get rid of them?
I use an adblocker. Stops most ads (except for the recent addition of Disney-sponsored ads at the bottom of the page :headache:)

I use an adblocker. Stops most ads (except for the recent addition of Disney-sponsored ads at the bottom of the page :headache:)
For IOS or Android? Which one if you don’t mind. I tried a few freebies with not much luck and considered paying for a VPN. But figured I’d see if I could support DIS first.

For IOS or Android? Which one if you don’t mind. I tried a few freebies with not much luck and considered paying for a VPN. But figured I’d see if I could support DIS first.
Sorry, I'm technically challenged, I don't know what that means. I'm on a laptop (Windows 10 & Chrome). I use AdBlocker Plus. Hope that helps.

Sorry, I'm technically challenged, I don't know what that means. I'm on a laptop (Windows 10 & Chrome). I use AdBlocker Plus. Hope that helps.
Ah okay yeah I’m looking for an iPhone solution and of course they make it difficult because of Apple. Thanks for your suggestion though!

Same here. I only get them when using the computer, none on my Android. I am running an ad blocker and noticed last nite that everytime I opened a page on the DIS Community Board, an annoying pop up at the bottom would pop up and I would have to close it. If I backed out of the thread and went back in, same thing happened. Annoying to say the least! I just sent a pm to one of the webmasters and attached a screen shot of the one I got when trying to write a message. Asked them to look into it, so maybe someone can figure out how to stop them.

The ads in general don’t bother me, but the constant one with the picture of the toe fungus or whatever it is makes me not want to visit this site. It is nasty. 🤢

The ads in general don’t bother me, but the constant one with the picture of the toe fungus or whatever it is makes me not want to visit this site. It is nasty. 🤢
I’m the same way I don’t like the drop down one that covers the top on mobile

Yeah I came here to see if anyone else was bothered by the toe fungus ad. It’s awful and everywhere on the boards for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter