Disturbing Story out of Penn State

asta

DIS Veteran
These stories coming out regarding the retired coach at Penn State are so disturbing. How could someone take advantage of these young kids under the guise of helping disadvantaged children? :sad2: These children probably looked up to these college football guys with such awe. It is a real shame that Joe Paterno's legacy will be associated with this after all the years he has coached. I wonder if he will be able to survive or if it is evidence that maybe he has gotten too old to control his program.

These stories coming out regarding the retired coach at Penn State are so disturbing. How could someone take advantage of these young kids under the guise of helping disadvantaged children? :sad2: These children probably looked up to these college football guys with such awe. It is a real shame that Joe Paterno's legacy will be associated with this after all the years he has coached. I wonder if he will be able to survive or if it is evidence that maybe he has gotten too old to control his program.

its a very big new thing in our area.. from what I heard JoPa turned it over to the authorities right after he found out it happened...

JoPa told the athletic director. I'm not sure that was good enough. A grad student came to him and said he witnessed the "coach" (I don't want to post the rest). The sub-human should have been locked up for good from that moment on, but even the campus police and D.A. let this guy carry on with his depravity. Penn State will pay dearly for this crime, both in dollars and in future enrollment and recruiting-- as they should.

its a very big new thing in our area.. from what I heard JoPa turned it over to the authorities right after he found out it happened...

It was never reported to any outside authorities which essentially allowed it to be covered up. The fact that Spanier came out yesterday "in full support" of the other 2 charged with failure to report, I suspect his head will be on a platter soon too. I assume they all had knowledge...it's a great example of the "good ole boy" network at it's worst.

JoPa told the athletic director. I'm not sure that was good enough. A grad student came to him and said he witnessed the "coach" (I don't want to post the rest). The sub-human should have been locked up for good from that moment on, but even the campus police and D.A. let this guy carry on with his depravity. Penn State will pay dearly for this crime, both in dollars and in future enrollment and recruiting-- as they should.

This grad assistant was probably 28 yo, give or take a year or two. Old enough to know that when you witness such a horrific scene, you intervene, you just don't walk away and report it. I can't even imaging the anger I would have if someone close to me was sodomized and a person witnessed it in real time but did nothing to stop it. Unbelievable.

It is ridiculous that something like this would be covered up. Wasn't
Joe P this guys boss, wouldn't you think he would inquire as to if he should take soe disciplinary action etc. So he told someone in the school,that is all he did?

I agree. The grad assistant should have ran right in and beat the living heck out of the man that was more or less raping a little boy. It is sickening.

JoPa, well, he seems like a nice enough guy. But the fact that he didn't call 911 and report this makes me sick. You don't cover this up, Paterno:headache: You don't go through the school system. You just don't.

You notify the authorities.

This grad assistant was probably 28 yo, give or take a year or two. Old enough to know that when you witness such a horrific scene, you intervene, you just don't walk away and report it. I can't even imaging the anger I would have if someone close to me was sodomized and a person witnessed it in real time but did nothing to stop it. Unbelievable.

THREE people saw him victimizing children on different occassions at Penn State. The janitor who saw him said it was worse than anything he had seen in the Korean War. Nothing was ever done. I can't fathom why.

Living in the Philly area we have had this news for about the last two days. It's a horrible crime. I think Believeinfaith hit the nail on the head "Good Ole boy network". They covered it up thinking they were saving themselves. Backfired I believe.

On the local news they state that JoePa did the legal thing by reporting it to his superior but he didn't necessarily do the moral thing which would have been to call the police. So, he probably saved himself from being indictments but I think he did himself a disservice in the arena of public opinion.

This is going to get worse and I bet a lot more boys (men) step forward to say they were abused.

HORRIBLE!!! :mad:

Did anyone see the Law and Order"Special Victims Unit season opener? Similar story...

How old were the kids?

It was never reported to any outside authorities which essentially allowed it to be covered up. The fact that Spanier came out yesterday "in full support" of the other 2 charged with failure to report, I suspect his head will be on a platter soon too. I assume they all had knowledge...it's a great example of the "good ole boy" network at it's worst.

Ugh, this is so disgusting. I cannot imagine what these children thought, like a PP said, they look up to these men and they must have been so flustered and confused. I can't imagine how anyone can take the innocence away from a child in such a horrific manner.

a coach was having anal sex with a 10 year old boy, and no one callled the cops, from the man who caught them, the head coach and president of the University. People need to go to prison for this

HORRIBLE!!! :mad:

Did anyone see the Law and Order"Special Victims Unit season opener? Similar story...

How old were the kids?

Yep...remembered the episode today. One of their writers must have had it on their radar screen from when the rumors of the grand jury investigation surfaced about 2 years ago.

At least heads are beginning to roll.....just absolutely unbelievable what I am reading.:sad2:

Two Penn State officials charged with perjury in their grand jury testimony and failing to report the suspected sexual abuse surrendered Monday, a day after they stepped down from their positions. The officials — Tim Curley, 57, the athletic director; and Gary Schultz, 62, the vice president for business and finance who oversaw the university police — were not required to enter a plea. They have denied any wrongdoing, and their lawyers are expected to seek to have the charges dismissed.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/08/s...n-sexual-abuse-inquiry.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1

From the guy's wiki bio:

Sandusky is married and has six adopted children.

i read that to and about choked on my coffee. BTW I know he is a legend but anyone thinking JOPA did the right thing here is wrong, the man looked the other way while kids were being raped. He needed to call the police and kick the guys butt, that what a normal person would do

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter