DISUnplugged Paris

MarknStitch

Earning My Ears
Hi all.

I'm quite new here so I dare say this may have been asked before but I was just wondering if there are ever any DLP focused unplugged episodes? While not my favourite of the Disney resorts, it is my closest so it's my most frequently visited.

Thinking on it, after listening to a few shows, if Pete ever did a DLP show it could potentially be a 1hour long rant... (In a good and constructive way of course :-) )

There were a couple of shows where the team discussed their visit to DLP as part of one of the ABD trips. I believe that was a couple of years ago.

Awesomes. Ill have a look back and see if I can find them. Id like to find out what others, particularly those who have such an exposure to the US parks, think of DLP

Hey

The team were over in London / Paris in about September / October 2011 and 2012 so there will be podcasts shortly after then when they discussed their thoughts on DLP.

I've been fortunate to go to WDW and DLP a lot over the past 20 years and personally, whilst I've enjoyed going to DLP, I don't have any plans to go there in the near future. It's a beautiful park and really well designed but it just doesn't have the magic of WDW. I can't really put a finger on why! I think cost is also a factor as it is really really expensive compared to WDW - I recently looked at going for a 2 night stay and Eurostar packages were coming in at about £500 for one of the basic hotels in Val d'Europe. I'd rather put that sort of money towards a WDW trip.

Interestingly, when they were building DLP my dad was doing some work in Florida and met some Disney execs - they said that their intention was for DLP to be a sort of "shop window", so that guests think "well that was great - now I want to go to WDW". Considering the amount of money its lost Disney I wonder if that's the right idea!!

I couldn't agree with you more about DLP. It just lacks a certain something and is definitely more expensive.

Still, it's my nearest Disney resort and so I like to at least try and keep up with the latest news etc. unfortunately they don't really have an equivalent to DISUnplugged for me to get all that info easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter