"Diva" Trip - "Cliff Notes" p.236 OLD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dianna- I'm glad that your mom is okay! I just read that post on the old thread. I'm glad you guys had a safe trip back home. :goodvibes I hope your mom is feeling better!

WooHoo (or I guess I can use Woogio)!

Beth~ I'd like a new pic added, but I don't have any updated pics of me. I never take pictures of myself. If no one took any up close pics of me during this trip, I will get you one after I get back from our cruise.
I'll look and see what I can find of you. I thought the one from the BBQ was pretty, but if you have another you'd prefer, just let me know.

Beth, you can use my facebook profile pic. I think it's the most recent one I have without bags under my eyes:rotfl:
LOL Ok.

Beth you can add pics of mom and I if you still have some from the 10 trip otherwise I can prob dig something up.
Yay Kelly. I will look on FB for some photos. They don't all have to be Disney. I always look for those with a smile, and a clear head shot. But if you find one you'd like just let me know.

YAY for planning next years trip! :dance3:

I hope, hope, hope I can make it next year! :goodvibes
Me too!!!

I read that as "yay for a spankin" totally overlooked the "new thread" part. Made me think of Beth!
:lmao: I'd like to ask why that made you think of ME, but really, we all know why. :rotfl2:

Beth, I'll send you a photo for me in just a few
Sounds good, Jessica. :thumbsup2

Hey just a logistical question for those that are planning the dates I just happened to have a thought pop into my head and then I was checking on calendars to confirm but I know that my kids for sure and not sure about others but here in Northern CA the kids get the entire week off for president's day and I am not suggesting changing the dates for next year but I know that more and more schools are going to that and having gone that exact week before I know that it can be pretty crowded so what I was wondering on the following years will it then switch to more of the VERY last weekend of February to where it would stradle into March or were you guys always shooting for the weekend after president day? Cuz I know for me personally that means that I am always going to have to miss part of my kids week break and that is one of the weeks we use to go on vacation because they only get that one, spring break and of course xmas. And it seems to be "less" busy then the other two to go places.

Plus if both mom and I go it might be a little tough for me trying to get someone to watch the girls ALL day vs just taking them to school.

It's no big deal but was just wondering on clarification. I looked ahead and noticed that in 13 and 14 it goes to the 17 and 18 so if they moved it back to the true last week of Feb then we could go on like the 27th or 28th and then into the first few days of march.

Obviously it would never always be those "exact" days anyway because they change but I know you guys were thinking of more of a weekend I believe so just wondering on more of a clarification I guess.

Thanks. :)

I read that as "yay for a spankin" totally overlooked the "new thread" part. Made me think of Beth!

:laughing:

I'll look and see what I can find of you. I thought the one from the BBQ was pretty, but if you have another you'd prefer, just let me know.

That'll work. Thanks :).

Hey just a logistical question for those that are planning the dates I just happened to have a thought pop into my head and then I was checking on calendars to confirm but I know that my kids for sure and not sure about others but here in Northern CA the kids get the entire week off for president's day and I am not suggesting changing the dates for next year but I know that more and more schools are going to that and having gone that exact week before I know that it can be pretty crowded so what I was wondering on the following years will it then switch to more of the VERY last weekend of February to where it would stradle into March or were you guys always shooting for the weekend after president day? Cuz I know for me personally that means that I am always going to have to miss part of my kids week break and that is one of the weeks we use to go on vacation because they only get that one, spring break and of course xmas. And it seems to be "less" busy then the other two to go places.

Plus if both mom and I go it might be a little tough for me trying to get someone to watch the girls ALL day vs just taking them to school.

It's no big deal but was just wondering on clarification. I looked ahead and noticed that in 13 and 14 it goes to the 17 and 18 so if they moved it back to the true last week of Feb then we could go on like the 27th or 28th and then into the first few days of march.

Obviously it would never always be those "exact" days anyway because they change but I know you guys were thinking of more of a weekend I believe so just wondering on more of a clarification I guess.

Thanks. :)

I think the dates will be the last full weekend in February. As far as school holidays, most schools in Southern California don't get the full week off. I know my kids only will have off Feb. 13th and Feb. 20th of next year, so if any schools have the week off, it will be the week between those 2 dates.

But in all reality, Disneyland is ALWAYS crowded on the weekend no matter what month it is (unless it rains).

I got some photos on the Shutterfly account. The same ones I posted on FB. My computer is being a pain though and they are pretty small files. I'll try and get the bigger ones in at another time. I didn't have many after all. Too busy having fun, I suppose.

But in all reality, Disneyland is ALWAYS crowded on the weekend no matter what month it is (unless it rains).
Ain't that the truth. And now it's even getting bad during the week sometimes. My best times at DL as far as crowds go, was on days where is was cold and drizzling.

I'm in again! 2011 was a blast!

Kathy aka SKWDW
Hi Kathy! Do you have a particular pic you'd like on the front page?

Thanks for the clarification. Well crap I just went 3 years ahead and if we use the last full weekend then it falls on my kids week break every year so I guess that leaves me out cuz I will not be able to do that every year :(

I am planning on it next year for sure but I know I won't be able to do that every year. Bummer. If only they could have done it one weekend later. Oh well.

Courtney - I just noticed at the end of the old thread that you mentioned your mom has one day left on a PH that expires May 31..... Did you happen to notice that PHs expire 13 days after the first use? It may not still be valid :confused3
Could it perhaps be the SoCal Resident two-day pass special? The regular rules (i.e., expire after 13 days) doesn't apply to that one.

YAY for planning next years trip! :dance3:

I hope, hope, hope I can make it next year! :goodvibes
You'd BETTER make it next year!

I'm in again! 2011 was a blast!

Kathy aka SKWDW

Darn tootin'!

Hello Divas!
I'll definitely be trying to come on the trip next year. I mean, hey, I bought an annual pass. I'd better get LOTS of use from it!
Thanks to everyone for the good thoughts and virtual hugs for my mom. She's feeling a bit better today. :)

By way of introduction...I'm a mom of two girls and we live in Beautiful British Columbia! I work part time at the Vancouver Aquarium on the Interpretive Delivery team. My hubby and I will be celebrating our 14th anniversary this year. We hope to have a family trip to Disneyland in either November 2011 or January 2012. I enjoy sewing, theatre, and my two pugs!

PS - I don't know everyone's 'real' name on the DisBoards. It would be a real help to us newbies if you have your name somewhere in your siggy! Thanks! :flower3:

Dianna

PS - I don't know everyone's 'real' name on the DisBoards. It would be a real help to us newbies if you have your name somewhere in your siggy! Thanks! :flower3:

Dianna
That's a great idea. I know it took me awhile to learn them all!! And some of the new ladies, I am still learning.
I will be posting pics with screen names and real names, but still, having it in the sig somewhere really does help out.

I promise to try my best!
Hey girl, love you sig countdowns!! :cheer2:

WooHoo (or I guess I can use Woogio)!

Beth~ I'd like a new pic added, but I don't have any updated pics of me. I never take pictures of myself. If no one took any up close pics of me during this trip, I will get you one after I get back from our cruise.

I have quite a few pic's of you Katie...remember I kept surprising you...LOL

That's a great idea. I know it took me awhile to learn them all!! And some of the new ladies, I am still learning.
I will be posting pics with screen names and real names, but still, having it in the sig somewhere really does help out.

I third that! I know most names, but some of the new gals I'm having a bit of trouble remembering their names.

Hey girl, love you sig countdowns!! :cheer2:

Thanks! I love yours too!

Could it perhaps be the SoCal Resident two-day pass special? The regular rules (i.e., expire after 13 days) doesn't apply to that one.

Could be - and hopefully it is :thumbsup2 It would suck for them to expire!!!

Dianna - Hey from another Canadian! I think I saw somewhere that you live in South Surrey (your info says Northern BC). I'm in South Surrey too. I hope your mom is okay (did you get travel insurance???). My son got sick once in LA and I was so glad we had travel insurance - that was the best $50 I ever spent (the final bill was somewhere around $5000).

Okay ladies, I have a few pictures up on the front page now.

I tried to find recent pics and went to Facebook for some of them. I also tried to find ones I thought were cute/pretty, but I know I am very critical of my own photos so if you absolutely hate the pic I put up there of you, please just let me know and you can send me another one. I'll be happy to replace it.

Also if you don't see your pic up there yet, don't worry. I am still working on it.

Thanks!!

Courtney - I just noticed at the end of the old thread that you mentioned your mom has one day left on a PH that expires May 31..... Did you happen to notice that PHs expire 13 days after the first use? It may not still be valid :confused3

It is a Costco 4 day park hopper. The fine print on the back doesn't say anything about using all 4 days within so many days, they just all have to be used before May 31st 2011. It does have block out dates though, but they passed already.

We got this ticket in November and it came with a $50 GC. I don't remember what we paid for it though.

Guess you can't find any good pictures of me. :snooty:

:thumbsup2 Love everyone's picture so far!
Quite the contrary! There were so many good ones, I couldn't decide. I'm partial to the Facebook one of you on the toilet.....what do you think? :confused3

:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter