"Dixie Chicks" are now "The Chicks"

They might have to change their name again because women who are offend with being called chicks šŸ„ lol!
My sister growing up had a friend named Dixie. My first thought was how do people named Dixie feel about it

Love them, always have. I love that they could give two flying hoots what anyone else thinks but realizes how the reference to Dixie can be seen as negative and isn't what they're about.
The same people upset about their name change are the same ones who stopped listening to them when they made comments about President Bush.

I guarantee you if the group had been the "Dixie Dudes" and all male, it would have blown over in a few weeks and they'd be back on the charts. Because they were women, they were subject to and judged on an entirely different standard. They gave an OPINION...they didn't make up facts, lie or accuse anyone of anything they didn't do....celebs today all do far worse....with zero repercussions. They even apologized - with absolutely no reason to - and still weren't "forgiven". Disgusting.

I adore country music - it's all I listen to - but I don't like some of the people who run it or some of the fan base. Just one example: even in 2020, there is no way you can come out as a homosexual in C&W unless you want your career absolutely trashed for life. Ridiculous in this day and age. Very backwards in many respects.
Probably not mainstream country, but isn't Orville Peck supposed to be gay? He gets some airplay on my alternative radio station, as does Kacey Musgraves and Margo Price, some of the very few country types I can stand. Brandi Carlile came out years ago but again I don't really consider her country.

I guarantee you if the group had been the "Dixie Dudes" and all male, it would have blown over in a few weeks and they'd be back on the charts. Because they were women, they were subject to and judged on an entirely different standard. They gave an OPINION...they didn't make up facts, lie or accuse anyone of anything they didn't do....celebs today all do far worse....with zero repercussions. They even apologized - with absolutely no reason to - and still weren't "forgiven". Disgusting.

I adore country music - it's all I listen to - but I don't like some of the people who run it or some of the fan base. Just one example: even in 2020, there is no way you can come out as a homosexual in C&W unless you want your career absolutely trashed for life. Ridiculous in this day and age. Very backwards in many respects.
Shane McAnally seems to be doing just fine, but I agree with you that most country singers who are thought to be gay won't confirm it.

Freedom of speech isn't really free...
if you want to badmouth the US Prez while in a foreign country, be prepared for the fallout...

Love them, always have. I love that they could give two flying hoots what anyone else thinks but realizes how the reference to Dixie can be seen as negative and isn't what they're about.
The same people upset about their name change are the same ones who stopped listening to them when they made comments about President Bush.

Wait what? If they could give "two flying hoots what anyone else thinks' they wouldn't be changing their name. They should stand tall for whatever reasons they chose that name in the first place.

Wait what? If they could give "two flying hoots what anyone else thinks' they wouldn't be changing their name. They should stand tall for whatever reasons they chose that name in the first place.
Have you never made a decision and then later realized it was the wrong one? I think itā€™s braver to stand up and say, ā€œYou know, in retrospect this wasnā€™t a good ideaā€ rather than stubbornly cling to something. People grow and evolve or at least thatā€™s the hope. Itā€™s okay for them to rethink things. Country music has has never forgiven them so I took ā€œnot giving two flying hootsā€ as they will be judged for this too and they just donā€™t care.

I take it you haven't been to the UK.
He also must not hear the nasty, often untrue things many of today's performers say - and how their careers skyrocket at best or are unaffected at worst. Kanye West, just as one example. And there are many more. But there's no double standard for women. Naww. LMAO.

Whatever :rolleyes:...they've held onto many loyal fans and do quite well when they tour - their last tour sold very well.

Last edited:
I chuckled at a meme: "The Dixie Chicks are changing their name to 'The Chicks". This shocked many who were surprised The Dixie Chicks still existed....."

While they had very right to state their opinion back then, they were very ignorant of the views of their support base. (Not that I listened to them anyway.)

Country music has has never forgiven them so I took ā€œnot giving two flying hootsā€ as they will be judged for this too and they just donā€™t care.
Yes, that was my intent in my statement. They know they'll be judged for making a stand against something and they'll do it anyways because they feel it's the right thing to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter