DIY vs Travel agent

I paid $200ish a night for the BC and Poly. I was perfectly happy booking my own. They do offer recommendations and help in that aspect but i bet they get tons of people who book with them during that time. It would probably be impossible to book each persons ADrs since it’s such a short booking window.

Others on this board have used them too. I don’t know if they’ve had the same experiences.

For that price I woudl do it all myself as well!

OP- At this point I see no real benefit to turning your reservation over to a TA unless you really just want to turn the commission over to her. You can check as well as she can, and no matter the promise, I bet you will be as diligent sas she is.

I have used a TA in the past and hav never regretted it, but I like being in charge of my own trip now. I do send newbies to good TA's and we have one in town who is awesome I refer to her often. She was up all night waiting for FD to drop, just as I was and she modified her folks. She was leaving on her own vacation the following day so I was pretty impressed, especially given that FD was only rumored and she really thought she would be doing this all over again on her vacation. She also plans itineraries, books ADR's and FP for her folks.

We use them and our TA offered to do ADRs, but we rarely do any ADRs. I DEFINITELY want to do my own FP+, because I have adjusted our park days based on these.

Good to know. I referred a friend to them and she got the Poly for 2K less than Disney had quoted her for January. She used a different agent but the same agency. The agent gave her tons of recommendations on dining, rides and about the parks but told her she wouldn't book her ADRs or FP+. I helped her out and she had a great trip.

I also prefer to do it all myself too. It's part of the fun!

Have you looked at Dreams Unlimited Travel, the sponsors of these DIS Boards?

Timely post because I just decided that my trip next July I want to go with an agent - obviously a lot are out there and the general consensus is that it's not necessarily the agency but the actual TA you are assigned. Any recommendations for who to go with from Dreams Unlimited. Obviously as a listener to the show Kevin, Kathy, and Teresa seem like they would be great, but do they get inundated with requests and/or only handle the bigger requests?

Another clarification, I have read that all changes need to go through your agent - I am guessing that is related to your package not your ADR's and FP+...correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter