DL to Universal on a Weekday

puggymom

Mouseketeer<br><font color="00a0ba">The Tag Fairy
I'm planning on driving from Candy Cane to Universal on a Tuesday, I want to be there for opening. How early should I leave Candy Cane? I see the 5 to the 101 is the most direct, but I also know there are other routes. Would these longer routes be quicker on a Tuesday morning?

TIA!!!

I just got back from DL and we went to Universal on a Sat. I want to say that I just took the 5 all the way there. There were exit signs very clearly marked. It took about 45 minutes. I left the hotel at 7am and arrived at Universal at 7:45. We had 1 hr 15 min to find something to do. I was very amazed at how easy it was to get to places there. Of course with weekday traffic, it may take longer.

Also, if you have not already bought your tickets, I highly recommend the Front Of The Line Pass ($20.00 cheaper over the internet) We got on everything at least once and did our favorites many times over. As bad as this sounds, I actually liked the FOTL pass better that Disneys fastpasses. We waited no more than 5 minutes to get on anything and that was only because the previous ride had to end.

We went from DL on 6/23, Thursday to Universal...did the 5 to the 101...hit traffic jams all ove the place took about an hour and 20 minutes to get there...good luck..goodnews...we easily did it all in the time provided..we got there about 11 closed at 7 and we did it all..including Mummy 4 times and Jurrasic 3 times...

thanks, I think I'll try to leave around 7 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter