DL with young children - where to nap?

jazzkitten

Mouseketeer
We are going to DL for one full day. Is there anywhere that's more quiet and less crowded for babies/toddlers to nap in their stroller?

We are going to DL for one full day. Is there anywhere that's more quiet and less crowded for babies/toddlers to nap in their stroller?

Just Disneyland or can it be DCA? In DCA, I would say in the Animation Academy building. It's quiet & dark in there. In DL, maybe the lower level of Hungry Bear. Also quiet, shaded and by the water. Personally, we just keep pushing the stroller around - we don't want to sit (unless we're eating) the entire time they nap.

We have found that the far end of Critter Country is quite peaceful. You just keep going until there is nowhere else to go. It's shaded and the only people that even go that direction will be turning into Pooh's Corner for treats or Splash Mountain. Here is a pic of my DD a few years back enjoying a snack break there.
95facebook95-10391086295_zpse898fb44.jpg

Aw, great suggestions! Thanks! The area in front of Small World used to be a good spot, but now it is right by the designated smoking section! :mad: But you're probably right, it would be better to keep walking around instead of wasting time sitting.

I used to be a pro at this! When DD10 was a baby we lived nearby so we'd hit the park and I'd wander while she napped. I was also known to read a book on Main Street (oh the looks that got!).

For DL I liked the seating area at Rancho Zocal (if the mariachi band wasn't there), lower level at Hungry Bear, tables outside of Red Rocket in Tomorrowland, benches in between Matterhorn and Nemo Subs, the little walk way area near Goofy's House in Toontown, and off to the right just past Moments with Lincoln. Oh and to the left near the baby center first aid at the end of Main Street.

For DCA, the entrance area to Bug's Life near the baby center (oh yeah and the baby centers in general if it's really hot), anywhere back near Grizzly River Run and Redwood Creek area, the seating near the restaurant by Jumping Jellyfish, the walkway between Grizzly River and Little Mermaid, the WoC viewing area near the water, Carsland past the Cozy Cones and Luigi's down near where Red sits sometime.

Typically though I wander during nap time - look for hidden mickeys, watch a show, take pictures, etc.

We have found that the far end of Critter Country is quite peaceful. You just keep going until there is nowhere else to go. It's shaded and the only people that even go that direction will be turning into Pooh's Corner for treats or Splash Mountain. Here is a pic of my DD a few years back enjoying a snack break there.
95facebook95-10391086295_zpse898fb44.jpg

Lol, I like your daughter's shirt! Thanks for the suggestion!

jazzkitten said:
Lol, I like your daughter's shirt! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks. That was from Justice. They always have cute t-shirts. Some are scented (not the cheese one. LOL) She has one that smells like hot cocoa and makes me hungry.

I used to be a pro at this! When DD10 was a baby we lived nearby so we'd hit the park and I'd wander while she napped. I was also known to read a book on Main Street (oh the looks that got!).

For DL I liked the seating area at Rancho Zocal (if the mariachi band wasn't there), lower level at Hungry Bear, tables outside of Red Rocket in Tomorrowland, benches in between Matterhorn and Nemo Subs, the little walk way area near Goofy's House in Toontown, and off to the right just past Moments with Lincoln. Oh and to the left near the baby center first aid at the end of Main Street.

For DCA, the entrance area to Bug's Life near the baby center (oh yeah and the baby centers in general if it's really hot), anywhere back near Grizzly River Run and Redwood Creek area, the seating near the restaurant by Jumping Jellyfish, the walkway between Grizzly River and Little Mermaid, the WoC viewing area near the water, Carsland past the Cozy Cones and Luigi's down near where Red sits sometime.

Typically though I wander during nap time - look for hidden mickeys, watch a show, take pictures, etc.

Wow, you really are a pro!!

I agree with the restaurant near the jellyfish in DCA- it's a really big seating area (so there's always an empty, quiet area), and its mostly covered so you get some shade.

I agree with the restaurant near the jellyfish in DCA- it's a really big seating area (so there's always an empty, quiet area), and its mostly covered so you get some shade.

This area works as long as there isn't a band playing. The last couple of times we were back there, there was a very loud band playing.

At the risk of getting a bunch of "hate" replies I am going to say something in response to the above post.

Before you "nap" at the GCH lobby take into consideration those of us who pay around $500 a night to stay there. We don't pay that much just for their rooms. We pay for the entire experience. Rooms, customer service, location, restaurants, pools, spa and yes... the lobby are all part of that.
I am one of the people that wish they would ask for a DLR room key before letting people inside the hotel grounds. It can get quite crowded in the lobby. There have been many times we were there when there were no seats available for paying guest.

At the risk of getting a bunch of "hate" replies I am going to say something in response to the above post.

Before you "nap" at the GCH lobby take into consideration those of us who pay around $500 a night to stay there. We don't pay that much just for their rooms. We pay for the entire experience. Rooms, customer service, location, restaurants, pools, spa and yes... the lobby are all part of that.
I am one of the people that wish they would ask for a DLR room key before letting people inside the hotel grounds. It can get quite crowded in the lobby. There have been many times we were there when there were no seats available for paying guest.

Don't worry, not a 'hate' reply. Just a thought, tho. They can't lock off the grounds because of restaurants. Especially character meals. It's a huge draw for the resort, and generates lots of money.

That's a valid point actually. I get what you're saying. We have our first stay there coming up and we might feel the same. But I don't see the hotel curbing that. It's kind of like advertising or a lure ;) How many people would 'wish' they were staying on site for those advantages and plan to in the future. For us, I knew in my heart we'd just be longing and regretful if we didn't stay on site and just went for it. :D

I have used the innoventions before. They allow strollers in there and its air conditioned and somewhat quiet compared to anywhere else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter