DLH Construction Concerns

aleh021

Mouseketeer
We are booking a 5 night stay in a Standard room at DLH for September, but wondering how impactful the current construction is?

Also I totally forgot which towers or what views are considered standard or what some good room requests could be.

But, if construction really is sort of in the way, we might consider GCH and see if we can swing that.

There is a thread today with details about a recent trip and how the construction impacted it. A lot of really good pictures too. It seems to really affect one of the towers and the pool right now.

We were there last week. We had a room in the Fantasy Tower which is closest to the parking lot (and far from the construction). Nothing there seemed to be impacted and I really didn't notice the construction in any way. One of the water slides was closed, I presume because of construction proximity. Not sure how much the tower closest to the construction might be affected.

The water slides have not been routinely closed due to the construction so there must have been something else going on.
Hopefully they will be back open! My grandkids are very much looking forward to the slides and pool on arrival day. We have a cabana rented, for snacking and hanging out until room ready in the afternoon. Since we will be doing the parks from around open and leaving after WOC/fireworks/Fantasmic, I don't anticipate the construction to impact us much otherwise, as I assume they don't have an active site before 8 am or after 9pm. I'm a little more worried about late night Downtown Disney music etc. I have a 2 queen/day bed deluxe view booked, and I saw somewhere that might overlook DTD? I've got 3 kids 9 and under with me so late night noise might be an issue.

Last edited:
Hopefully they will be back open! My grandkids are very much looking forward to the slides and pool on arrival day. We have a cabana rented, for snacking and hanging out until room ready in the afternoon. Since we will be doing the parks from around open and leaving after WOC/fireworks/Fantasmic, I don't anticipate the construction to impact us much otherwise, as I assume they don't have an active site before 8 am or after 9pm. I'm a little more worried about late night Downtown Disney music etc. I have a 2 queen/day bed deluxe view booked, and I saw somewhere that might overlook DTD? I've got 3 kids 9 and under with me so late night noise might be an issue.
I really think they will be so wiped out from walking the parks etc sleep will not be an issue?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter