DLH construction impact

Ursula J

Mouseketeer
Went on our first trip to Disneyland this week and stayed at DLH. We had a nice room with a pool view, full housekeeping on the third day, and loved the staff we talked with. But the DVC tower construction on one side and the AMC demolition on the other were definitely drawbacks. The construction noise by the pool (which was crowded with some pretty rude folks!) made it hard to relax at all. I was in Adventure Tower and we could hear even through our thick windows during the day. Just wanted to let you all know.

Went on our first trip to Disneyland this week and stayed at DLH. We had a nice room with a pool view, full housekeeping on the third day, and loved the staff we talked with. But the DVC tower construction on one side and the AMC demolition on the other were definitely drawbacks. The construction noise by the pool (which was crowded with some pretty rude folks!) made it hard to relax at all. I was in Adventure Tower and we could hear even through our thick windows during the day. Just wanted to let you all know.

Yikes! I heard that the tower construction has now gone vertical so it sounds like it's gonna get even louder going forward. We have a stay planned at the end of April for 2 nights and I pouposely booked a standard room to hopefully be facing away from the pool area.

I won't plan to relax by the pool...

Yikes! I heard that the tower construction has now gone vertical so it sounds like it's gonna get even louder going forward. We have a stay planned at the end of April for 2 nights and I pouposely booked a standard room to hopefully be facing away from the pool area.

I won't plan to relax by the pool...

I was just there and heard absolutely no construction noise while at the pool from the tower being built. We had a cabana, but I definitely would NOT have been able to relax otherwise due to the crowding. It was ridiculously crowded with people sitting on towels on the concrete because there was no room anywhere else. Walking through DTD to DLH, you could definitely hear and see the theater being demoed.

I was just there and heard absolutely no construction noise while at the pool from the tower being built. We had a cabana, but I definitely would NOT have been able to relax otherwise due to the crowding. It was ridiculously crowded with people sitting on towels on the concrete because there was no room anywhere else. Walking through DTD to DLH, you could definitely hear and see the theater being demoed.

I considered a cabana but we decided against it. I'm used to not having a pool chair, honestly. We haven't gotten one the last 2 stays at GCH either. I think the fact that PPH guests can use the DLH pool is making it more crowded than usual.

I considered a cabana but we decided against it. I'm used to not having a pool chair, honestly. We haven't gotten one the last 2 stays at GCH either. I think the fact that PPH guests can use the DLH pool is making it more crowded than usual.

That makes sense. I didn’t realize PPH guests were using the pool, as well. That would definitely account for some of the crowding. What a terrible time to have a pool out of commission! It’s time to bring all of the PPH amenities back…

We moved our visit from last week to the first week of April. I'm surprised the noise was so loud. Our last trip, we didn't hear the demo of the theater, but we did feel it twice. I'll see what I can find in 10 days.

Well, they were having a really hard time getting down the metal structure that covered the ticketing area. I didn’t see them have any luck actually getting it down while we were there, and it wasn’t for a lack of trying. I’m sure they began resorting to more noisy methods once everything else didn’t work.

I'm staying at DLH in August with 3 small kids (including a baby). I hope the construction won't be too disturbing! I have a deluxe view booked currently. Is that worth it in spite of the construction? Or will this "deluxe" view no longer be deluxe? I don't want to pay extra if a standard view is better in this case. Thanks for any input!

I'm staying at DLH in August with 3 small kids (including a baby). I hope the construction won't be too disturbing! I have a deluxe view booked currently. Is that worth it in spite of the construction? Or will this "deluxe" view no longer be deluxe? I don't want to pay extra if a standard view is better in this case. Thanks for any input!

Deluxe view will have your room facing into the Courtyard where the construction is taking place. I'd switch to either Standard or Downtown Disney view.

I've been thinking of adding a one-night stay at the DLH to my currently 3 night Grand Californian trip in mid-May. This would be our first time staying there and we'd mainly be staying to use the pool and have a chill resort day. With all the construction going on at the hotel and downtown Disney, do you think I should hold off on adding the night at DLH? We're northern California residents with Magic Keys and we will definitely be back to DLR in September or October 2022 and Spring 2023- so it's not like this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for us to stay there.

The first two days weren't terrible, but the third day--once they started building upwards--it got loud. Personally I wouldn't pay extra for a better view right now unless you could guarantee which tower you were in. We did premium and we should have just gone with standard.

At what times was the construction noisy? We tend to be up early for rope drop and don't really need the room to be quiet during the day. We stayed at Poly during their Grand Ceremonial Hall and pool construction. You could hear and see construction from our balcony until 11 or midnight.

Well, they were having a really hard time getting down the metal structure that covered the ticketing area. I didn’t see them have any luck actually getting it down while we were there, and it wasn’t for a lack of trying. I’m sure they began resorting to more noisy methods once everything else didn’t work.

There’s a great video on Fresh Baked (title Pirate Trees Gone) that shows the ticketing structure finally getting torn down. I found it fascinating to watch for some reason! 😆 It definitely took some work getting that thing down!!!!

Any updates on construction noise? Our trip is the first week of May. We're supposed to be at DLH 2 nights in a Premium club room, then 3 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. I have no idea what towers we'd be in but I know we'll want to use the pools. Is it super loud and distracting in the pool area due to construction? I have a back up room at Grand Californian I could switch to if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter