DLP hotel receipts

feralgeorge

Earning My Ears
Hi - this probably seems like a silly question but can someone tell me what is printed on a receipt from the DLP hotels, ie does it identify them as Disney? Or does it just say something like Sequoia Lodge?

We are thinking of heading to DLP during a business trip to France in July but as we will be claiming accomodation from work we can't claim it if it is obviously a Disney property. If it doesn't say Disney then noone will question the receipt. Last time we went we stayed at the Hotel Val de l'Europe in Marne but weren't overly impressed and would like to try a Disney property instead.

TIA

The official names of the Disney hotels all include the word "Disney", i.e. Disney's Sequoia Lodge, Disney's Hotel New York, etc. and I would expect that any receipts would have the "Disney" on there. I've just checked my invoices and documents relating to Sequoia Lodge and they all do.

You might want to consider staying at the MyTravel Explorers Hotel - a themed hotel which isn't actually an official Disney one. I haven't stayed there myself but it's a themed hotel in "Disney style" (i.e. fun!) and could probably very easily be a Disney hotel. It just isn't.

Here are some threads about the Explorers hotel:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=825255
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=809442

Hi,

guess the DLRP hotel will mention this on their papers.....but :cool1: The Holiday Inn has the usuall paper at any other Holiday Inn worldwide :cool1: ...and this hotel is great.

Same with the Mövenpick :-)

Greets Renate :wizard:

Hi feralgeorge

if you sign up for Holiday Inn's Priority member you'll also earn points, which can be used against future stays.

Reid

I have the definative answer (or at least I think it is!)

I paid for my room at the Sequoia Lodge in advance and don't have the credit card bill for that (long since shredded), but my latest statement does have the final bill for the stuff I charged to the room on it.

And the description line reads: Disney Hotel 4757327, Chessy. Yes, it does have the word Disney, but note that it doesn't mention which hotel it actually is.

Interestingly, the things I put on my bank (Switch) card, which were all purchases in restaurants or shops on the last day once my charging privileges were no longer valid, DO NOT mention Disney.

For example, from my bank statement, the descrptions read:
INT'L 6512915395 PARC SNACKS
INT'L 6512915371 FD BOUTIQUES
INT'L 6512915290 ANNETTE

So it doesn't look like you'd be able to stay in a Disney hotel and claim it back, but some of your meals etc. might be a little less obvious.

Miffy2003 said:
Welcome to the Disboards, feralgeorge!

Thanks! I've lurked for a while - it's such a good way of finding out info.

Dh is going to France in July for business and wants myself and our 2 kids to join him - the only issue is a 39 hr trip (including 2 x 12hr plane rides from Australia) with 2 kids by myself as he will fly separately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter