• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLP hotels with disabled facilities

Woolly

Devon is Heaven
Anyone know if DLP hotel rooms cater for disabled, with wet room and hoist? My wife had a major stroke 9 months ago and has been in hospital for most of that time. Hoping she will be home in the next couple of months. We want to go back to DLP with the kids as soon as we are able, either Christmas or next year. She has very limited mobility, so either bed or wheelchair, which she has to be hoisted on to and off. We would probably bring a care nurse with us. Pre-stroke we used to enjoy our Disney holidays. She really wants to go again. She is fully cognisant and making small improvements each day. Any help or tips would be appreciated. Thanks

I’m afraid I don’t know about hoists, but I do know that there are disabled accessible rooms in all of the hotels.

One time at Sequoia Lodge we got allocated one by mistake but we took it anyway as it was a short stay and we were assured that there were no guests that week who required one. It was a lot more spacious than a standard room obviously and the shower room was completely flat access - there would be no problem at all with wheelchair access.

I googled as I don't know the answer. According to this website, there are hoists: https://www.disabledholidays.com/search/europe-l27/france-l102/disneyland-paris-l470/hoists-at134/
I have no idea how reliable this website is, or how up-to-date the information is.

As this is so incredibly specific, I would call DLP and send an e-mail to get double confirmation what is and what isn't available. You do not want to make that journey and then realize that not everything you need is there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter