DLP in mid July

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
First time visitor to disney paris. spending 1 1/2 days at Parc disneyland and 1/2 day at Studios. First which park would you start at. second will i need the ultimate pass for disneyland parc if going 1 1/2 days. will arrive on a sunday by 12 noon, then full day monday and 1/2 on tue. Onsite so will uitilize extra magic time, stay as late as possible. Thanks for any advice

On your half day start in the studios, do everything you want to do and then hop over to the park for the fireworks and maybe some small rides.

I would say pay per ride instead of ultimate, and buy if needed, if this is a solo adult trip.
- You have single riders lines at several headliners.
- During EMH you can do Big Thunder and Space Mountain.
- A ride like Peter Pan is almost identical to the US parks, do you need to ride it here?

I think Karin1984's plan is sound. My only add on is if your top priorities are some of the main attractions at Disneyland Parc it can be less stressful to knock those off the list on the first evening so your not stressed about missing them. Pirates, Phantom Manor, etc. Also by midday when you enter a park on your first day the lines may be longer and I find Disneyland has more no-line options (Labyrinth, Fort walk through, etc) than the Studios. Spend some time enjoying those when the queues are long, and then head to some of your top must-do attractions to take some of the stress out of the next two days and allow for re-rides.

In my experience DLP is not like Disneyland in CA in July. There are crowds but it felt much more manageable.

I can add some recent experience from July 3 and 4 this year. I visited for two full days and was able to see and do every attraction, show, parade, walk-thru, and dining I wanted in both parks. Before the trip I was anxious that I might need to buy the ultimate pass or individual ones, but ended up not needing either. During my visit the ultimate pass was $170 a day! Glad I skipped it.

I did not stay on-site but arrived at the normal rope drop time. As mentioned by others, traditional touring advice applies: doing bigger ticket rides early or in the evening and doing less popular things mid-day saves time.

One advantage of traveling during a more peak time than other trips I’ve taken to Disneyland Paris was that every restaurant and snack stand was open and operating their posted hours. Disneyland Paris has a reputation for having inconsistent food operations and low quality food. I was pleasantly surprised to not experience this. If you eat lunch right when an establishment opens, it is very likely you will be the sole person dining there and get great service and a choice of seats (presumably since Europeans tend to eat later meals). I ended up eating lunch both days at Toad Hall since the experience of piping hot food in an empty dining room was so good the first day.

Lastly, many rides have a single rider line that can save some time. Unlike other Disney parks, the single rider availability and corresponding wait time is listed in the app along with the regular standby wait.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter