• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLP - It Pays to Shop Around!

Astrid

<font color=9933CC>Shoot for the moon. Even if you
Well, it really does make you wonder who pays the inflated prices that some of the travel companies offer doesn't it!! :rolleyes:

I've been finding out prices for DLP, Davy Crockett Ranch for 7 nights in August, and have been quoted the following:

1700 - Hotel but no travel included (can't remember the company)
1760 - Bridge Travel
1738 - Sovereign
1268 - DLP Direct but via Holiday Hypermarket

and the winner is ........

1184 - DLP Direct but via me ringing from my home!! (08705 030303)

Certainly pays to shop around doesn't it!!

Astrid x

Hi Ad..:)
DH always shops around for the best deal..:)
Wow that is a real good saving....Well done :D:D

Well done Astrid.:D I've found that booking with DLP direct has always beaten other prices.

Congratulations Astrid!

I remember booking a few years ago and having to phone back again because I couldn't beleive that the price I had been quoted could possibly be correct as it was so much cheaper than quoted elsewhere. It certainly does pay to shop around!

When will you be there? We will be at DCR from the 26th August for 4 nights.

Karen :)

I've also found that booking direct with DLP in the UK is normally the cheapest option - but even so, your price seems incredible when put against the other companies!

Davey Crockett for 7 days in August sounds wonderful. Are you buying annual passes to DLP? I would have thought that APs would work out cheaper than length of stay passes, and would give more flexibility than a 3 or 4 day ticket.

Regards

Rob

Wow,for the cost of a few phone calls you have saved yourself hundreds of pounds.It certainly paid you to shop around:D Did you book it?

Well, it's David taking the kids, and even though I've nagged at him to get it booked as of yesterday he still hadn't done anything :rolleyes: Hopefully, when we see him tomorrow he'll tell us it's all sorted or I've a horrid feeling it'll all be booked up!

Karen - He's planning on taking them 11th August, so won't be there the same time as you.

Rob - Length of stay passes are included in the package which is a bonus. I never knew that DLP did Annual Passes!

I'll keep you posted!! :)

Astrid

Yes Astrid, DLP does offer annual passes. You can get APs for either the main Disneyland park only, or both the Disneyland Park plus the Walt Disney Studios. Current costs are 169 and 229 Euros respectively for unlimited annual passes. Cheaper APs with some blocked-off days are available, and there are discounts for families (up to 15% if you buy 4 APs).

All the APs come with discounts on merchandise, food and accommodation. I think the breakeven point (where it is cheaper to buy APs than it is to buy daily tickets) is around 4 or 5 days depending on your exact requirements.

We've been AP holders at DLP since 1996, and they have given us great value for money.

Regards

Rob

PS: DLP hotels get really busy in the summer - book as soon as you know your dates. To increase the hotel capacity DLP is planning four new hotels, but these won't be ready until 2003 at the earliest.

Hooray!! Kids are really excited!! :)

One week with their Dad at Davy Crockett all booked up at the savings quoted above!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Astrid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter