DLP Mid-Late October

bwoodhouse

Earning My Ears
I've just booked DLP for the 21st/22nd of October staying at the Kyriad hotel and have a few questions. I know that the Friday 21st is the last day of the French school term before their half term, so will there be a big difference between the Fri and the Sat? I was at DLP in April 2001 on Easter Sunday and it was busy but not as bad as I would have thought (it was raining - about 60mins queue for Thunder Mountain) - will it be worse than this?

I was at WDW last year and was able to prebook restaurants, am I able to do this at DLP (bearing in mind we're not staying at a Disney Hotel), and if so how?

What's Space Mountain:Mission 2 like? Is it better than it was (which I thought was pretty cool!)? Has anyone been on Rock 'n' Roller coaster in both WDW and DLP? Which is better?

How can I pre-book Buffalo Bill's Wild West show?

Thanks in advance
Brendan

I haven't been on Space Mountain but DH went on it twice last week. He says it's better than before and it's his favourite ride at DLP. Apparently it's better if you sit at the back of the capsule in his opinion.

Joanne

Hmm. Unfortunately I seem to recall that on one of the days when we went in October one year, there was a 2-hour queue for Big Thunder Mountain. :eek: I remember it quite well because I had a sprained ankle at the time, and I could have gone on BTM via the disabled entrance, but I didn't want to!

This was some years ago, though, so I don't know if this would still be the case! I have to say that in my seven visits to the park, there have only been one or two occasions of the queues being that long (the longest I remember being 150 mins!!!).

i have been on both WDW and Paris Rock'n'Rollercoasters and I thought the paris one was superb but I wasn't really expecting anything. Then when I went to MGM I knew what to expect and still found it superb?!?!

As for October, iI will be there for that week as well and I have been told it will be very busy as its Halloween, French Holidays and British half term!

I'm buying an annual pass so in September so we can use the parks at the quieter times and making as much use of Fastpass as possible.

Thanks for your comments - looks like that really will be a busy week :sad2:

Will the park be quiet in early November (specifically Wed/Thurs 2nd/3rd), as I may be able to rearrange for those dates instead. I'm assuming all the kids will be back at school by then?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Brendan

We've been in October during our half-term & didn't think it was too busy at all.

It was though cold & wet all week , so come prepared.

bwoodhouse said:
Thanks for your comments - looks like that really will be a busy week :sad2:

Will the park be quiet in early November (specifically Wed/Thurs 2nd/3rd), as I may be able to rearrange for those dates instead. I'm assuming all the kids will be back at school by then?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Brendan
I would definitely avoid school hols if you can!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter