DLR EE - Where does a hotel guest show the room key

Obi-J Kenobi

Jedi Knight
If anybody has experienced EE the past two days, I am hoping you could answer a question. It appears that all folks at RD enter into the park together and that once you enter either DL or DCA, then a CM will check your hotel reservation information to allow you into EE. Where does that happen? Is there a designated sign or location where CMs can check your hotel reservation?

Historically it was just flash a key for the party at the turnstiles (dedicated section for EMH) They may or may not confirm the dates on the key.

Provost Park Pass mentioned there being a checkpoint at the end of Main Street where you need to show your room key. There was also signage mentioning you need to show it so you can't miss it!

We used EE at DCA today from the GCH entrance. While in line at the hotel, we had to show our hotel reservation on our phone, then after we got into the park, we had to show our room key to bypass the rope drop section.

I tried to draw on the map. We turned left out of the hotel to head to Web Slingers, and we had to go down the sidewalk, which was roped off from the other crowd - the gold star was where we showed our room key. Our path is in red, and the rope drop crowd is in blue.

Attachments

• 97FD3B73-FBC8-49B0-A59B-079468FCC7DD.jpeg
    97FD3B73-FBC8-49B0-A59B-079468FCC7DD.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 53
We used EE at DCA today from the GCH entrance. While in line at the hotel, we had to show our hotel reservation on our phone, then after we got into the park, we had to show our room key to bypass the rope drop section.

I tried to draw on the map. We turned left out of the hotel to head to Web Slingers, and we had to go down the sidewalk, which was roped off from the other crowd - the gold star was where we showed our room key. Our path is in red, and the rope drop crowd is in blue.
Could you have turned right to head to cars land if you would have wanted or was that blocked?

The room keys these days are completely void of guest names or check in/check out dates. They just have the resort name on them.

I'm guessing you will be required to either show a mobile key screen or the hotel reservation page on the app at some point.

We are staying at the DLH, not GCH. However, your map and comments are quite helpful. Thank you!

The room keys these days are completely void of guest names or check in/check out dates. They just have the resort name on them.

I'm guessing you will be required to either show a mobile key screen or the hotel reservation page on the app at some point.
I did not know the room key was blank for names. This is helpful information. Thank you.

When did this change happen? How much digging will you have to do to "PROVE" you are a hotel guest?

When did this change happen? How much digging will you have to do to "PROVE" you are a hotel guest?

It's been this way since they began offering the mobile key on the app. Want to say fall 2021?

We have been asked (at the GCH sidewalk gate) to show the app screen that says "My Hotel Reservation." That page has your check in and check out dates. Alternatively, if you show the "unlock door" screen, that validates you as a current hotel guest.

This is the part where YOU HAVE to use the app. There is no other way to show you are a current guest.

Interesting about the app. Is there a way to add two separate reservations? We just recently stayed, a couple days prior to the EE and had a split stay (PPH and GCH). I was only able to add one hotel reservation on the app. Not both. I would have been very upset not being able to access EE. I did notice they no longer put names on the key cards and thought that was odd!

Interesting about the app. Is there a way to add two separate reservations? We just recently stayed, a couple days prior to the EE and had a split stay (PPH and GCH). I was only able to add one hotel reservation on the app. Not both. I would have been very upset not being able to access EE. I did notice they no longer put names on the key cards and thought that was odd!

You can't have two on there at the same time, but on a split stay, you could still show either reservation for EE. When you checkout, you are still technically a guest of that hotel until midnight that day.

You need to physically remove the first hotel reservation on the check in day of the second. There is an option to "unlink reservation." Old reservations don't fall off when you check out. My husband still had our July 2 GCH reservation in his app when we checked in again on the 31st and had to unlink it to link to the new one. I thought that was weird.

You can't have two on there at the same time, but on a split stay, you could still show either reservation for EE. When you checkout, you are still technically a guest of that hotel until midnight that day.

You need to physically remove the first hotel reservation on the check in day of the second. There is an option to "unlink reservation." Old reservations don't fall off when you check out. My husband still had our July 2 GCH reservation in his app when we checked in again on the 31st and had to unlink it to link to the new one. I thought that was weird.
Thanks! That is odd you have to unlink. I’m going to go check in my app. Thanks again!

It's been this way since they began offering the mobile key on the app. Want to say fall 2021?

We have been asked (at the GCH sidewalk gate) to show the app screen that says "My Hotel Reservation." That page has your check in and check out dates. Alternatively, if you show the "unlock door" screen, that validates you as a current hotel guest.

This is the part where YOU HAVE to use the app. There is no other way to show you are a current guest.

This may be a dumb question but can a hotel reservation be linked to multiple accounts, the same way a ticket can be?

We're staying off-site in September but my kids are listed on my in-laws' GCH hotel reservation for purposes of accessing early entry and being able to use the pool with them. If I link their hotel reservation in my account (which my daughter uses on her phone) will that work for my kids to get past the early entry sentries (my in-laws are not morning people and are unlikely to use early entry themselves; even if they did, their priorities will be way different than my kids) or will they need to be logged onto my MIL's account?

I have a split stay coming up and was able to add both to the app.
Under "My Hotel Reservations", at the top of the page you will find "Link Another Reservation". Just need your reservation number, arrival date and the name it is under.

This may be a dumb question but can a hotel reservation be linked to multiple accounts, the same way a ticket can be?

We're staying off-site in September but my kids are listed on my in-laws' GCH hotel reservation for purposes of accessing early entry and being able to use the pool with them. If I link their hotel reservation in my account (which my daughter uses on her phone) will that work for my kids to get past the early entry sentries (my in-laws are not morning people and are unlikely to use early entry themselves; even if they did, their priorities will be way different than my kids) or will they need to be logged onto my MIL's account?

To answer your first question, yes, you can link a hotel reservation to multiple accounts.

HOWEVER, your kids will not be able to do so, nor will you be able to unless you are also listed as an adult on the reservation. The only guests who can link hotel reservations to their Disneyland app are adults 18+ who are listed as primary guests on a reservation. Your in laws would have to take a screenshot of their hotel reservation screen showing your kids names. They would also need to get your kids physical room keys. Provided they are at least 14, they can enter during EE without you by showing the room key plus the screenshot, although as minors without ID, they may run into issues. Honestly, the EE benefit isn't worth the hassle.

ETA: Its worth a try to see if linking the hotel reservation to your app actually works. It may show you very basic information about the reservation, but may not show the detail which includes your kids names. Ask your ILs for the confirmation number and see what happens when you try to link it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter