• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! There was still a decent amount yesterday morning. Hopefully they’ll continue to stock these items!
I’m thinking maybe people missed out on the online sale so they ran to DTD to buy them. On Saturday when I was there the CM said they were well stocked...guess not lol.

I’m thinking maybe people missed out on the online sale so they ran to DTD to buy them. On Saturday when I was there the CM said they were well stocked...guess not lol.

Ugh, true! I really liked the white 65th sweatshirt, but couldn’t bring myself to buy it during summer even though it’s thin. 🥵 Hopefully I won’t regret that decision if they don’t continue to stock the 65th merch.

My APs expire Sept 10th. Does that mean the last payment would be on August 10th? I know we aren't currently paying. I am just trying to figure out how much $ I'll be paying if DL opens again before my pass expires.

My APs expire Sept 10th. Does that mean the last payment would be on August 10th? I know we aren't currently paying. I am just trying to figure out how much $ I'll be paying if DL opens again before my pass expires.
Is 9/10 the original expiration date or did you request the extension? In other words, if Disney extends your AP, could it expire past the Sept. date? Or did you ask for the partial refund and 9/10 would be the ending date?

Is 9/10 the original expiration date or did you request the extension? In other words, if Disney extends your AP, could it expire past the Sept. date? Or did you ask for the partial refund and 9/10 would be the ending date?
It's the original expiration. I am on the monthly payment plan and not taking an extension. My last payment was on March 10th. The way I read the description of putting payments on hold was that I wouldn't be billed again until the parks were open. If the parks don't open until October, I just won't be billed at all again.

What I am trying to figure out now is if the parks reopen before August 10th - will I only have an August payment and I'll just expire in September or do they bill me for Sept, too? I am not planning on renewing at this time.

Conversely, if the parks open on Sept. 1, will I be billed for the last 10 days?

Perhaps there aren't any known answers, but I work from a budget and am trying to figure out if I'll be paying on the current passes in August and Sept.

It's the original expiration. I am on the monthly payment plan and not taking an extension. My last payment was on March 10th. The way I read the description of putting payments on hold was that I wouldn't be billed again until the parks were open. If the parks don't open until October, I just won't be billed at all again.

What I am trying to figure out now is if the parks reopen before August 10th - will I only have an August payment and I'll just expire in September or do they bill me for Sept, too? I am not planning on renewing at this time.

Conversely, if the parks open on Sept. 1, will I be billed for the last 10 days?

Perhaps there aren't any known answers, but I work from a budget and am trying to figure out if I'll be paying on the current passes in August and Sept.
I'm no expert, but before my monthly payments pass expired on July 11, I called to request the extension. Before confirming I asked the same question as I'm a first-time pass holder and don't have experience with how it works. I was told the last payment is billed one month before the expiration date, so would've been in June. So when my payments resume, I'll still have 3 remaining—to cover April, May and June. (My March billing date fell right before the closure.)

An update to WDW's mask policy (7/18/20):
@ScottGustin
Jul 18, 2020
Confirmed this policy clarification with Disney. As reported, the policy says guests may remove their face covering while actively eating and/or drinking but guests should be *stationary* and maintain appropriate physical distancing.

It’s safe to assume this policy clarification is a result of guest behavior at EPCOT during the F&W Festival. This is a small change and absolutely the right call. It also eliminates a perceived “loophole” that was being exploited by some guests. Good move all around.

ETA: WDW has now updated their website with this clarification.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/walt-disney...rinking-should-be-stationary-to-remove-masks/

From the Speculation Superthread today:

I originally had a back up reservation at the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance in August. I thought I had canceled but I guess I didn't(oops!). Anyway, I received a a cancelation email stating they would be closed until September first today.

I noticed Grand Legacy is also not opening until September 1.

Thanks for this. Is there any way to see past reports to see which way things are trending?
On the left navigation options, click the one for Covid 19 County Level Data, then click through to the Data and Tools page.

On the left nav here, scroll and click to Covid 19 in the State under Data Dashboards.

Click Orange on the list of counties on the left (currently third on the list) This will give you a historical graph of number of positive cases going back to March. You can see how much the OC cases have jumped in recent weeks.

ETA - for comparison. Click on Los Angeles, first on the list, to see how others graphs are different. The LA graph has gone steadily up over the time while the OC graph was relatively consistently low until maybe a month ago, then increased significantly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter