DLR REOPENING SUPERTHREAD (DL & DCA TBA; VGC POSTPONED; DTD OPENED 7/09/20 & BVS 11/19/20): KEEP CHECKING FIRST PAGE FOR OFFICIAL DLR UPDATES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Face Masks Recommended, But No Longer Required in Orange County, California

No official word yet from Disney on how or if this will affect safety policy when DLR reopens. Private businesses like Costco can still require masks for employees and customers in Orange County. If you will be traveling to OC, check the websites of the cities you'll be visiting to see their individual mask requirements.
Everyone should expect them to be mandatory based on WDW. They are not required by the government there but they are required by WDW and Disney Springs for ages 2 and up.

Everyone should expect them to be mandatory based on WDW. They are not required by the government there but they are required by WDW and Disney Springs for ages 2 and up.
I agree that it's better to expect the more stringent policy, but people should be aware that if they dine at nearby restaurants off property or visit other OC tourist destinations, the mask rules might be different. Always double check first!

I already posted this in the community forum, but in case anyone has reservations at the DLH, here is my experience:

I just got off the phone. Was on hold 2 hours and 5 minutes...I really don't mind that at all and was expecting to be on hold much longer.

We had a deluxe room booked the DLH. They upgraded us to a deluxe room at the GCH for no additional cost. The CM did note that it would take some time to adjust the pricing because they have to submit paperwork for them to honor the lower price from the DLH. I checked and yes, our reservation changed to the GCH and yes, the pricing is higher still. So I will just keep an eye on it to make sure it adjusts back to the lower pricing.

I am very pleased with this outcome, although still bummed about not being at the DLH. We stayed for one night last year the DLH and wanted to go on the pool slides, but they were working on them and we couldn't. We booked this year to have an entire day at the pool! LOL. I guess someday I will be able to use the monorail slides! ;) Good excuse to take another trip!

I had a very similar experience. However, because we booked a package (through Costco) and not a hotel room directly with Disney, we had to be transferred to the package department to get this to work. The people at reservations for the hotel seemed very confused by our request so YMMV. Just keep trying!

Update for anyone who uses Get Away Today. I’ll take any of my speculating on what this means over to the right place but thought it’d be useful for people to read that use third parties for tickets.
“First, although we don’t know exact details of the reservations system yet, we know tickets will be required to secure a reservation. In order to get your ticket numbers and have access to the new reservations system, your Disneyland Resort tickets will need to be paid in full by Friday, June 19, 2020. After this date, we will not be able to send any new Disneyland ticket numbers. However, any remaining hotel portion of your reservation can remain on a Layaway Plan up to seven days prior to travel.”

Update for anyone who uses Get Away Today. I’ll take any of my speculating on what this means over to the right place but thought it’d be useful for people to read that use third parties for tickets.
“First, although we don’t know exact details of the reservations system yet, we know tickets will be required to secure a reservation. In order to get your ticket numbers and have access to the new reservations system, your Disneyland Resort tickets will need to be paid in full by Friday, June 19, 2020. After this date, we will not be able to send any new Disneyland ticket numbers. However, any remaining hotel portion of your reservation can remain on a Layaway Plan up to seven days prior to travel.”

Thank you for this update - we just called and changed our tickets from 5 day to 2 day hoppers and were told we couldn't get ticket numbers until a week before our scheduled trip. We told them our scheduled trip was July 18th and they didn't give us new ticket numbers. I'm going to call back because it is logically obvious that you will need a valid ticket number to secure a reservation. If I wait until a week before July 18th it's almost assuredly guaranteed that there will no longer be capacity at the parks. I hope they give me the new ticket numbers...

I already posted this in the community forum, but in case anyone has reservations at the DLH, here is my experience:

I just got off the phone. Was on hold 2 hours and 5 minutes...I really don't mind that at all and was expecting to be on hold much longer.

We had a deluxe room booked the DLH. They upgraded us to a deluxe room at the GCH for no additional cost. The CM did note that it would take some time to adjust the pricing because they have to submit paperwork for them to honor the lower price from the DLH. I checked and yes, our reservation changed to the GCH and yes, the pricing is higher still. So I will just keep an eye on it to make sure it adjusts back to the lower pricing.

I am very pleased with this outcome, although still bummed about not being at the DLH. We stayed for one night last year the DLH and wanted to go on the pool slides, but they were working on them and we couldn't. We booked this year to have an entire day at the pool! LOL. I guess someday I will be able to use the monorail slides! ;) Good excuse to take another trip!

UPDATE: I just logged in and the pricing has been updated to the original price we paid for the DLH. That was less than 24 hours for them to update. Now I patiently wait for them to announce more details!!! :goodvibes

Face Masks Recommended, But No Longer Required in Orange County, California

No official word yet from Disney on how or if this will affect safety policy when DLR reopens. Private businesses like Costco can still require masks for employees and customers in Orange County. If you will be traveling to OC, check the websites of the cities you'll be visiting to see their individual mask requirements.
They are likely to be required at Disneyland if the union recall notifications look the same as they did for WDW. The recall info specifically contained language that masks would be required to be worn by guests.

UPDATE: I just logged in and the pricing has been updated to the original price we paid for the DLH. That was less than 24 hours for them to update. Now I patiently wait for them to announce more details!!! :goodvibes

How long did it take for you to receive the first email confirming the move? I successfully moved my August reservation this morning to GCH too, but I haven't received any email yet.

FYI, I was on the phone for about 75 minutes, including hold time. I was advised we needed to wear masks at all times outside of our room.

How long did it take for you to receive the first email confirming the move? I successfully moved my August reservation this morning to GCH too, but I haven't received any email yet.

FYI, I was on the phone for about 75 minutes, including hold time. I was advised we needed to wear masks at all times outside of our room.

I got my confirmation e-mail (with the unadjusted price) about an hour after I got off the phone...

I never got an email. I just went to Disneyland.com and entered my reservation # and phone number. I checked right after I got off the phone. The hotel had changed to the grand. That was yesterday. Then today the price has been updated to the lower price. That was less than 24 hours.

Called to cancel our July 16-19th GCH reservation and have them apply the $50 night re-booking credit to our, previously booked as a back up, July 26-29th GCH reservation. I got through with no wait at 11:15 am (AZ time or PDT).

The restaurant reservation system used to say 30 restaurants with no availability and now says 9 restaurants with no availability. All actual restaurants everywhere in the DLR previously listed are gone and only the "experiences or packages" are listed. I hope this means that they are preparing the system for re-launch soon!

Sad they didn't open the hotel on the 16th as first anticipated, but the back up trip on the 26th should see a bit more things opened to enjoy. This is especially true if hours and attractions in the parks are limited. Now we wait for dining and park reservations....
Mike

called first thing this morning got right through. I was able to move my DLH August 10-12 concierge’s reservation to GCH concierge.( I wasn’t sure if concierge was going to be available.) all of my previous discounts/Perks were applied. Nothing was said about my park hopper tickets. I assume we Will hear later about those. The cast member also thought DLH would not open until October 1 Because of renovations.

I called today and was on hold for 45 minutes, got a wonderful CM. I had a standard view room originally booked at DLH so he switched me to GC standard with no extra cost, then said “wait a minute, I see you will be there on your birthday, let’s see if we can get you a better room”, he bumped me to woods/courtyard view At no extra charge. Not sure if they are doing that for everyone And he just made up that bit or but made me smile.... Whole process was very easy!

Opinions requested: We have a late August/early September VGC reservation, 5 people on reservation. 3 of us have Flex Pass already. Other 2 don't have tickets yet, 1 will get a military ticket, 1 not (not sure enough on military person coming for the other guest to depend on being able to use a military ticket. Should I advise the 2 people who don't have tickets yet to get them today? Or should being on our VGC reservation allow them to get tickets? I know there isn't complete info out yet, but trying to decide how to advise our guests. This is our daughter's 18th birthday trip, so the guests are kind of important to her. ;-)

I called today and was on hold for 45 minutes, got a wonderful CM. I had a standard view room originally booked at DLH so he switched me to GC standard with no extra cost, then said “wait a minute, I see you will be there on your birthday, let’s see if we can get you a better room”, he bumped me to woods/courtyard view At no extra charge. Not sure if they are doing that for everyone And he just made up that bit or but made me smile.... Whole process was very easy!

No, they are definitely not doing that for everyone because I mentioned we are celebrating my daughters birthday and son's graduation and nothing was added. I'm fine with that, getting bumped to the GCH is exciting as it is.

called first thing this morning got right through. I was able to move my DLH August 10-12 concierge’s reservation to GCH concierge.( I wasn’t sure if concierge was going to be available.) all of my previous discounts/Perks were applied. Nothing was said about my park hopper tickets. I assume we Will hear later about those. The cast member also thought DLH would not open until October 1 Because of renovations.
That's interesting, since I thought I had read (and others had been told) concierge wouldn't be open. I wonder if that changed since then. I'm happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter