DLR Summer Discounted Hotel Rooms?

Based on anecdotal accounts of overcrowding at the resorts right now, I wouldn't hold my breath for room discounts anytime soon.
I hear ya, and you might be right. However I'm not giving up hope until this time next week.

My reasoning is this, during spring break which is another heavy crowds time, they still offered spring room only discounts that lasted until 6/9 and that included the grad night season. So I don't see summer as much different in terms of crowds. Historical data (googled it) shows discounted rates during summer season and this was pre-pandemic when crowds were supposedly worse then they are now.

I hear ya, and you might be right. However I'm not giving up hope until this time next week.

My reasoning is this, during spring break which is another heavy crowds time, they still offered spring room only discounts that lasted until 6/9 and that included the grad night season. So I don't see summer as much different in terms of crowds. Historical data (googled it) shows discounted rates during summer season and this was pre-pandemic when crowds were supposedly worse then they are now.
Talking about hotel crowds. They are restricting access to quick service locations at the Grand due to over crowding. They have never done that before. The hotels are all at capacity. The pools are insane lately. Staffing is still an issue at hotels, so they are likely not *actually* 100% booked, but they don't have the staff to support more guests.

Talking about hotel crowds. They are restricting access to quick service locations at the Grand due to over crowding. They have never done that before. The hotels are all at capacity. The pools are insane lately. Staffing is still an issue at hotels, so they are likely not *actually* 100% booked, but they don't have the staff to support more guests.
Hmm makes one wonder is it truly worth it to pay full price? Although a matter of worth is all in a persons vision.

Sadly I feel Disney has used the pandemic as an excuse to capitalize on an opportunity. Well at this point anyway. I feel they could've resolved a larger percentage of their staffing issues but have chosen not to, and it all comes down to $$. We all see them try to find the breaking point of ticket pricing, and I think they are doing the same with their staffing. They want to see how thin can they stretch it before it affects operations to the point of having no choice but to address it.

Last edited:
Hmm makes one wonder is it truly worth it to pay full price? Although a matter of worth is all in a persons vision.

Sadly I feel Disney has used the pandemic as an excuse to capitalize on an opportunity. Well at this point anyway. I feel they could've resolved a larger percentage of their staffing issues but have chosen not to, and it all comes down to $$. We all see them try to find the breaking point of ticket pricing, and I think they are doing the same with their staffing. They want to see how thin can they stretch it before it affects operations to the point of having no choice but to address it.
They are offering huge sign on bonuses for hotel and restaurant jobs currently. Unfortunately, so are other companies who ALSO pay more, so yeah, until they up the pay even more, they are going to be in a shortage.

They are offering huge sign on bonuses for hotel and restaurant jobs currently. Unfortunately, so are other companies who ALSO pay more, so yeah, until they up the pay even more, they are going to be in a shortage.
Not to mention the amount of people that just don't want to work these days.

Yikes! We arrive in two weeks for a split stay at DLH & VGC... this is disappointing to hear.

We will be at GCH over 4th weekend. Hoping it's not too bad then. I'll report back.
I'll be at the parks during that same time that wknd, and then take a couple days break and then wrap up the parks at the end of the week on 7/7 & 7/8. I intend on doing a split stay with BW across the street half the time and then on property the other half. I have existing reservation at all the hotels I want to stay at. I will modify them based on any sales that may be dropping within the next week. However I will need to put it all in stone by the 28th.

I'll be at the parks during that same time that wknd, and then take a couple days break and then wrap up the parks at the end of the week on 7/7 & 7/8. I intend on doing a split stay with BW across the street half the time and then on property the other half. I have existing reservation at all the hotels I want to stay at. I will modify them based on any sales that may be dropping within the next week. However I will need to put it all in stone by the 28th.
I'm sure the parks will be lovely. They are not usually too crowded over this holiday weekend.

We paid full price last 4th at the Grand, and it was worth it, but this time we luckily got 40% off (military discount) so we upgraded to Club Level for LESS than we paid last year for a Standard room at rack rate, so it will take a lot to go wrong for me to feel it is not worth it this time.

I'm sure the parks will be lovely. They are not usually too crowded over this holiday weekend.

We paid full price last 4th at the Grand, and it was worth it, but this time we luckily got 40% off (military discount) so we upgraded to Club Level for LESS than we paid last year for a Standard room at rack rate, so it will take a lot to go wrong for me to feel it is not worth it this time.
Nice! How far in advance did you have to book to get the 40% military discount on the rooms?

Not to mention the amount of businesses that just don't want to pay a living wage.

Fixed your typo
Also, that 14 month closure meant that the people who HAD been working those jobs just found new jobs, because the working class HAS to work to survive. Most of those housekeeping and hotel food and beverage workers didn't sit around twiddling their thumbs for 14 months while Disneyland was closed. They simply moved on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter