• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DME Luggage tags

RAC = Resort Airline Check-In, basically the reverse of using DME when travelling to WDW.

I've never used it because I'd always flown Air Canada or Westjet.
RAC (resort airline checkin) has nothing to do with DME. It is a counter at the resort that allows you to check in for a flight and check luggage. It is comparable to curb side check in. You can only use it if traveling on a participating airline.

The PPs are absolutely on the money. Flying out of Toronto, you are good to go with your Disney luggage tags given your early pre-noon arrival time. But coming back, your Disney resort cannot do resort check-in and handle your checked bags for you if you are flying Air Canada or Westjet as they are not on the approved list. Definitely check to see if they are added later this year but its unlikely. What I do is 1) the night before my return flight, I go to front desk and ask them to do my online check-in for me & print out my boarding pass (within 24 hrs of the flight). I bring a photocopy of my passport with me so they can enter the info for me. 2) Magical Express will hang an documents envelope from your doorknob on your room the day before your check-out and this will have your bus pick-up time printed on it. Because its an international flight, your pick-up time in front of your resort will be at least 4 hrs before your flight. You need to be at the Magical Express pick-up spot in front of your resort at least 15 mins before your printed pick-up time. This is important. The bus will not wait for you. You need to bring all of your own checked bags with you. The driver will store them in the basement of the bus. He will drive you to the airport and drop you off at Ground Transportation. There is an elevator immediately inside the sliding doors that you get on & take up to the next level. If front desk has already done check-in for you & you have your boarding pass, then go straight to security. First check the boards to find your Gate number as your boarding pass usually does not have this information. Enjoy your vacation! ps it isn't as hard or nasty as it sounds. I usually have to do this at 1 or 2am because inevitably I book myself on a 7am flight back to T.O. MCO uses a monorail to transport passengers to & from the main terminal. Just follow the crowd. Because American Homeland Security is set up in T.O., you don't have to deal with passport control or anything else once you land in Orlando. No worries! If you have any questions, just post below.

I have 2 reservations with Air Transat to YYZ. Our return flight is 10:55am. We will be at AK the day before our return flight. I can get my daughter to use her smartphone to check in to get our seats. When we return to the All Star Music resort, should I go to the front desk and ask them to print our boarding pass?

Anybody know if Air Transat have machines to get boarding pass? Or, do you all have to line up to check in, get boarding pass, check in luggage?

Does Air Transat have a separate counter to check in luggage? Would save time if had boarding pass.

I have 2 reservations with Air Transat to YYZ. Our return flight is 10:55am. We will be at AK the day before our return flight. I can get my daughter to use her smartphone to check in to get our seats. When we return to the All Star Music resort, should I go to the front desk and ask them to print our boarding pass?

Anybody know if Air Transat have machines to get boarding pass? Or, do you all have to line up to check in, get boarding pass, check in luggage?

Does Air Transat have a separate counter to check in luggage? Would save time if had boarding pass.
I haven't flown with Air Transat out of Orlando so not sure about their set up. Hopefully, others on the thread have done this. ps if you are using the Disney Magical Express back to the airport for your return flight, it will schedule your pickup at the front of your resort 4 hrs before your departure time (international flight).

What if you are going on a Disney Cruise? Does the same still apply?
We fly from Pearson and arrive in Orlando at 9:30am. Do we need to collect our luggage? We are taking the Disney bus to the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter