• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do airline prices increase in the fall?

Afabena

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about booking a trip for late Oct early Nov 2021 so I checked airline prices for Sept 2021 just to get an idea (Oct is not available yet), and they are almost $900 per person. I also checked in early June and those flights are $167 a person direct into MCO. Are the prices always high in the fall? I would be flying Newark to MCO. I was in Disney last Nov and prices were so crazy into MCO that we flew into TPA and then rented a car but that was Jersey Week. I just searched a random Sunday to Saturday in September (not Labor Day weekend). I was going to do a reservation for next fall but if flights are already that much I may need to find a new date.

It's really supply and demand. Airlines that book 11 months out are usually high to start because the lower cost airlines are not booking yet.

For September, you have to watch for Jewish holiday dates. If you are in the NJ area, the first week of November is high because of a school holiday (aka Jersey week).

With the airline putting the majority of their staff on furlough, and the state of the airlines with the pandemic, its hard to say what prices will be. From what I understand, the flight schedule will most likely not remain the same, and it could change several times before your actual flight. Be flexible with planning on your arrival day.

The best time to book flights is usually somewhere around 2 months in advance.
THERE. IS. NO. BEST. TIME. TO. BOOK. FLIGHTS. What works for one person on one route will not work for another. What works for one person at one time of year will not work for another.

Here's a thread I did back in December with flight tracking information: https://www.disboards.com/threads/best-time-to-book-air-heres-some-documentation.3781184/.

Once you know you want to take a flight, and when, start stalking. Put your information in search engines (google flights is one, hipmunk is another) that will assist.

What I have found (but would not guarantee it) on routes we have looked at, is airlines that release pricing 11 months out, start high, then drop after 2-3 weeks. After that, they fluctuate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter