Do Art of Animation Family Suites REALLY accommodate 6 adults?

bakerjay

Mouseketeer
Changing plan of attack for grandparents taking 5 tween/teenage grandkids to WDW. Originally wanted to reserve 3 rooms at Value resort but quickly brought to my attention that the adults wouldn't outnumber the kids so not possible.

Now looking at Art of Animation family suites. I see that they say they accommodate up to 6 adults but do they really? Four of the five teenagers are big kids, close to 6 ft tall and well over 100 lbs. Even the tween is already 5'3 and about 100 lbs so small adult-sized. Truly how comfortably do adults fit in the beds?

My second question is obviously one family suite is not large enough for all of them so I'm looking to add a "regular" room as well. I can add one in the Little Mermaid section for a pretty reasonable price. However, the Little Mermaid family suites are not included in the summer promotion so a bit pricier than the other themes. I tried to find a map of the sections on the website but didn't see anything. Would one family suite section be better than another for proximity to Little Mermaid section? All of the family suites except Little Mermaid are the same price.

I'd actually say they accommodate six persons, not six full sized adults. Nothing holds six full sized adults except maybe a DVC Grand Villa (that sleeps 12). A DVC two bedroom will sleep eight or nine and might work okay.

There are three beds in an AoA suite - a standard queen bed, a full(double) sofa bed, and a pull-down bed. They will hold six bodies, but given the age/size of your kids, I don't think that's going to be comfortable at all. I think the max for one of those suites would be two adults and four tween-or-younger kids.

I agree with Deb & Bill, a two-bedroom deluxe villa would be much more comfortable, and you get the full kitchen and washer/dryer with that.

There are three beds in an AoA suite - a standard queen bed, a full(double) sofa bed, and a pull-down bed. They will hold six bodies, but given the age/size of your kids, I don't think that's going to be comfortable at all. I think the max for one of those suites would be two adults and four tween-or-younger kids.

I agree with Deb & Bill, a two-bedroom deluxe villa would be much more comfortable, and you get the full kitchen and washer/dryer with that.
I had a feeling...thanks. It does sound though like if I add a standard room, so a total of 1 queen and 4 double beds, we could make it work. Just need to determine if it's worth it given that the standard room would be in a different section so the adults and kids would be split up.

If you are going for a budget minded - two connecting rooms will be cheaper and provide more space than a family suite. The value resorts have connecting rooms so you would have 4 beds and 2 bathrooms, for far cheaper than one family suite. If you want slightly bigger beds and possibly a fold out bed you could book two rooms at a moderate. That would give you a total of 4 full or queen size beds and 2 pull out twin size beds. If you have six people - everyone gets their own bed.

No. We went as 4 adults (my parents, myself, and DH (well, boyfriend at the time)). Parents took the queen in the main bedroom and didn't have any problems. I, at all of 5'2" took the pull down Murphy bed and was comfortable enough. DH, at 6'1" and 250 lbs, was absolutely miserable on the sofabed. He said it was like sleeping on plywood.

In addition, there aren't really any dressers or closets, so we found ourselves constantly tripping over our suitcases and belongings.

Another thing to keep in mind, Little Mermaid rooms are not family suites, they are regular rooms with 2 double beds.

I agree with PPs, you'll be much happier in multiple rooms. And if you book one in Little Mermaid and one in Lion King, at least the sections will be next to each other so it won't be that far of a walk to meet up.

My wife and I slept in the Murphy bed, with our littles in the bedroom. it was a little cozy but had room for both of us. You could also do an air mattress on the floor.

With multiple rooms, at least one person in the room will need to be 18 or older. If only the two of you are 18 or older, you could book two rooms, but you would be separated into one each. If the grandkids are under 18, they could not be in a room by themselves. And there is no guarantee of connecting rooms if you get multiple rooms.

Changing plan of attack for grandparents taking 5 tween/teenage grandkids to WDW. Originally wanted to reserve 3 rooms at Value resort but quickly brought to my attention that the adults wouldn't outnumber the kids so not possible.

Now looking at Art of Animation family suites. I see that they say they accommodate up to 6 adults but do they really? Four of the five teenagers are big kids, close to 6 ft tall and well over 100 lbs. Even the tween is already 5'3 and about 100 lbs so small adult-sized. Truly how comfortably do adults fit in the beds?

My second question is obviously one family suite is not large enough for all of them so I'm looking to add a "regular" room as well. I can add one in the Little Mermaid section for a pretty reasonable price. However, the Little Mermaid family suites are not included in the summer promotion so a bit pricier than the other themes. I tried to find a map of the sections on the website but didn't see anything. Would one family suite section be better than another for proximity to Little Mermaid section? All of the family suites except Little Mermaid are the same price.
They're going in July, right? I would definitely look into the cost of renting a DVC 2-bedroom. Depending on when they are going, they could get a villa at SSR, AKV Kidani or OKW even at this late date. It may end up being less expensive than the AoA suite + LMM room and it would keep all of you together in a single villa. Plus, they would have a full kitchen so that they could stock up on plenty of snacks and beverages. It's an idea worth exploring if they are sure that they will not change their dates.

They're going in July, right? I would definitely look into the cost of renting a DVC 2-bedroom. Depending on when they are going, they could get a villa at SSR, AKV Kidani or OKW even at this late date. It may end up being less expensive than the AoA suite + LMM room and it would keep all of you together in a single villa. Plus, they would have a full kitchen so that they could stock up on plenty of snacks and beverages. It's an idea worth exploring if they are sure that they will not change their dates.
Clueless here...how does one rent a DVC 2BR? Dates are definitely not changing. Dependent on price, it's a possibility. My parents already have two offsite suites booked for $150 each (so total for stay is about $600 + tax) so a great price but I'm trying to convince them to stay onsite because I think they will be happier all around. They will pay a little more for convenience but not tons.

Other PP, yes, that is the downside to doing a suite and room at AoA. My parents will have to split between the rooms and the kids will also be split. I don't think they will choose that option.

Clueless here...how does one rent a DVC 2BR? Dates are definitely not changing. Dependent on price, it's a possibility. My parents already have two offsite suites booked for $150 each (so total for stay is about $600 + tax) so a great price but I'm trying to convince them to stay onsite because I think they will be happier all around. They will pay a little more for convenience but not tons.

Other PP, yes, that is the downside to doing a suite and room at AoA. My parents will have to split between the rooms and the kids will also be split. I don't think they will choose that option.
You can check the Rent/Trade Board on the DVC Board or you can go through a broker that matches owners with people who want to rent. David is one broker who is a sponsor on the DVC Boards on the DIS (you'll find information about him there). Or you can just google DVC rentals. Read the sticky thread at the top of the Rent/Trade Board no matter what you choose to do since it will spell out the entire procedure.

Well, renting DVC is not going to beat the cost of those 2 offsite suites. A 2-bedroom at AKV, OKW or SSR will run between $624-$640 per night for a weeknight (Sun. - Thur. night) and $736-$768 per night for a weekend night (Fri or Sat) if you were to go thru one of the DVC rental agencies like dvcrequest.com. However, when you compare it to the rack rate cost of an AoA Family Suite + AoA LM room ($672-$748 per night weekday/weekend, tax incl. but not the parking fees if you have a car), it's a competitive rate.

ETA - DVC owners and their guests do not pay for parking when staying on reservations made thru the DVC system. Parking at AoA is $13-$15 per night, depending on which Disney webpage you're looking at.

This is making me a little nervous about our upcoming stay at AoA. We are 4 adults, a 4 year old, and a 1 year old. Will we be super uncomfortable?? We pack pretty lightly.

It's me, my husband, my mother, my sister, and my two kids (ages 4 and 1). The tallest of us is my husband at 5'10. None of us are very big or tall. Our discounted rate in a non-Nemo suite, including the extra adult charges, including tax, was $340 per night. I don't think we could get 2 value rooms for that at this point, and since connecting rooms aren't guaranteed, we figured this was our best bet for being all together, but having a sleeping space we could close off during nap time for the 1 year old. I was also considering bringing a small blow up bed for the 4 year old, so my mom and sister could each have her own sleep space.

I have frequently travelled with just myself and multiple kids under 18. We have booked multiple rooms.

Lion King would be the closest suites to Little Mermaid.

This is making me a little nervous about our upcoming stay at AoA. We are 4 adults, a 4 year old, and a 1 year old. Will we be super uncomfortable?? We pack pretty lightly.

It's me, my husband, my mother, my sister, and my two kids (ages 4 and 1). The tallest of us is my husband at 5'10. None of us are very big or tall. Our discounted rate in a non-Nemo suite, including the extra adult charges, including tax, was $340 per night. I don't think we could get 2 value rooms for that at this point, and since connecting rooms aren't guaranteed, we figured this was our best bet for being all together, but having a sleeping space we could close off during nap time for the 1 year old. I was also considering bringing a small blow up bed for the 4 year old, so my mom and sister could each have her own sleep space.

I think, for the money, the family suite at AoA is the best solution for a family with a small child that needs to nap. I thought the full size beds were comfy, and I was able to nap with my 4 year old on the sofa bed quite comfortably. A twin air mattress could fit at the foot of the sofa bed, or against the wall next to the kitchenette area. Having two bathrooms is an awesome benefit, as well. The villas are pretty far out of our budget, so we'll continue to make AoA suites work as long as we're 6 or fewer and no superior affordable options are introduced.

I stayed in AoA (Lion King) a few years ago with a group of 4 adults and one pre-schooler and we were super comfortable. The Murphy bed was comfortable for me and the person on the sofa bed said it was fine. There was plenty of room for all of us, granted we basically only slept and changed clothes there. This was in 2015.

I stayed in AoA (Lion King) a few years ago with a group of 4 adults and one pre-schooler and we were super comfortable. The Murphy bed was comfortable for me and the person on the sofa bed said it was fine. There was plenty of room for all of us, granted we basically only slept and changed clothes there. This was in 2015.

Thanks! This is basically our group, plus the 18 month old in a pack n play. We don’t plan on being in the room much since it’s a short trip.

We like the AOA rooms, we stay there when I travel with my sister in law, niece and nephew. We are 2 adults, 2 young adults (college age) and 2 kids 16 and 14 but it is tight! The double in the bedroom sleeps 2 comfortably but the rest would be snug for 2 imho esp. the sofa bed. We use 2 twin size airbeds and sleep only 1 in the murphy and sofa and that works well for everyone especially since there is a mix of girl and boy cousins.

During the day there is plenty of room with the sofa and murphy folded up and the airbeds fit along the window in the bedroom. Since we don't see each other that often we prefer the suite over two rooms so we can spend more time together.

As for 6 adults I don't think I would be happy sharing the murphy and definitely not the sofa bed. I would book two value rooms , hope for connecting and give up the mini kitchen (really just a sink, coffeemaker and microwave).

Just fyi there are no additional adult charges in the family suites- if your being charged make sure you correct that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter