Do Brazilian tour groups stay in Disney resorts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkerbellybutton

DIS Veteran
Ok, not trying to start a fuss about these tour groups, just trying to prepare myself for our upcoming trip.

I've been reading that these tour groups are typically in WDW in Jan. and July. In my 15 or so trips I've never encountered any kind of tour group, but I've also never visited in July.

I think we can handle them in the parks. I've read lots of people suggest if you run upon them just go in the opposite direction. We can do that.

However, I'm more concerned with the resorts. We plan to spend tons of time at our resort pools. Lots of people chanting loudly at the pools is not what I had in mind for our mid day breaks. Just wondering if anyone knows where these groups tend to stay? Do they even stay on Disney property? Has anyone had issues at their resort, or at the pools?

Hate to burst your bubble, but YES. They stay at WDW resorts. I know they stay at some of the values. There was a trip report from earlier this month with horror stories of them at CBR. And I've heard of some being at the Deluxes as well.

Good plan to avoid them in the parks, they have a huge impact on wait lines.
There is no one particular resort they stay in, but I think mostly values.

There was a trip report from earlier this month with horror stories of them at CBR. And I've heard of some being at the Deluxes as well.

Oh boy, we'll be at CBR for 3 nights. Ugh, I guess we'll just have to deal with it and not plan to visit during this time frame again if they're as awful as I keep reading.

We usually go to WDW every Dec or Jan. I've seen a lot of Brazilian tour groups. They usually stay at POP or All-Stars (where we usually stay). They affect the lines at the parks, so if we see them we tend to go the other way. Some of them are not very polite, and tend to cut in line. They do have their own tour bus that transports them to the parks. At the resorts however, the only problem I've encountered is when they all hit the food court at once. They really are not any noisier than the cheerleaders we've had to deal with. I don't know about July,I hate the sun so I never go when it's hot.:coffee:

In July 2010 we stayed at the Poly and thank goodness there were no tour groups there!!

A lady in line for ToT said that she was staying at AS-Movies and it was packed with tour groups.

We usually go to WDW every Dec or Jan. I've seen a lot of Brazilian tour groups. They usually stay at POP or All-Stars (where we usually stay). They affect the lines at the parks, so if we see them we tend to go the other way. Some of them are not very polite, and tend to cut in line. They do have their own tour bus that transports them to the parks. At the resorts however, the only problem I've encountered is when they all hit the food court at once. They really are not any noisier than the cheerleaders we've had to deal with. I don't know about July,I hate the sun so I never go when it's hot.:coffee:

Regarding the transportation, I can say that they do not always have their ow tour bus, based on what I saw last week. Leaving MK, we were in line for our bus to POFQ, and looked across to see hundreds of people in line for ASMovies. Most with matching shirts. When their bus came, it was filled to standing room only with nothing but the tour group, and lots more people still waiting.

From what I've been reading they seem to stay at All Stars because they have the most amount of rooms in one place. Same with CBR because now POR has the royal rooms and POFQ is too small and CSR is a convention resort. That doesn't mean they won't stay anywhere/everywhere though.

We just returned this week from POR and saw several groups in the food court for breakfast. We also saw a group of them at one of the park's bus stops heading for Boardwalk/Swan & Dolphin, so they must stay deluxe sometimes.

Last year we stayed at CBR and they were there. We had wanted to stay in Jamaica, but they had that whole building blocked for them.

We are at the airport after just checking out of the Poly. We were there July 11-today. There were Brazilian Tour groups at the Poly, two different that I saw. As for the pool, they weren't at the pool during the day but rather late at night. We didn't have any issues with them at the resort but they did clog up the parks. Like others have said, we just turned the other way.

Am I missing something? Are Brazilian tour groups any different than other tour groups? I'm not looking to be confrontational; I'd really like to know why Brazilian tour groups are specifically singled out.

Thank you.

Am I missing something? Are Brazilian tour groups any different than other tour groups? I'm not looking to be confrontational; I'd really like to know why Brazilian tour groups are specifically singled out.

Thank you.

Well, I happen to work with someone from Brazil. So I asked her about Brazilians and the large groups of kids that transcend on the World. She said...July and mid December to early January is when the kids are out of school. And she said, that yes, many (not all) Brazilians tend to be loud...they are just known for being loud. So, as for singling them out...it is just what we hear, so we think they are all that way. Kind of like saying all teenagers are trouble, or loud, or rude, etc...you get the idea.

Well, I happen to work with someone from Brazil. So I asked her about Brazilians and the large groups of kids that transcend on the World. She said...July and mid December to early January is when the kids are out of school. And she said, that yes, many (not all) Brazilians tend to be loud...they are just known for being loud. So, as for singling them out...it is just what we hear, so we think they are all that way. Kind of like saying all teenagers are trouble, or loud, or rude, etc...you get the idea.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I get the idea. But...nevermind.
Thanks for your honest feelings.

Thank you.

If you really want to know what the big deal is with the BTGs I'd suggest that you check out some of the threads on the Theme Parks forum that have dealth with the subject. Just do a search for BTGs.

I'll add that I think they are singled out because they are usually easily identified and because they do travel in large groups. They only have a small number of chaperones to the group, so they tend to stay in larger groups when at the parks...this is what I was told by my co-worker.

Thank you.

Do a search on disboards and you'll find a lot of threads regarding the issues created by large groups of unruly teenagers, cheerleaders and pop warner football groups are also mentioned as problematic on occasion here's a recent discussion over in attractions

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2947598&highlight=tour+groups+brazil&page=10

You can also search on youtube and find videos of some of the conduct.

If you really want to know what the big deal is with the BTGs I'd suggest that you check out some of the threads on the Theme Parks forum that have dealth with the subject. Just do a search for BTGs.

OK, I'll do that. Search BTG's.
Thank you.

Thank you.

You're not particularly missing anything. It's just a set of stereotypes.

A lot of Brazilian Tour Groups are primarily teenage groups, and the baggage that come with that.

You're not particularly missing anything. It's just a set of stereotypes.
A lot of Brazilian Tour Groups are primarily teenage groups, and the baggage that come with that.

I understand. I was just wondering why that specific group was focused on.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter