Do buses only run to/from resorts prior to race? can people come meet at finish line?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
My MIL and DD(4) will be staying back at the room while the rest of us (DH, DSx2 and FIL) run the 5K -- It is far too early for them to get up to see us off at the beginning of the race but i am wondering if the buses would still be running to the finish line around 6:30? I ran this past years dark side and noticed all the buses waiting to return runners.

I am guessing there are no buses from the resorts after the cut off of 4:30am pick up (i believe)

Maybe UBER? and then they could bus back with us at the end

Anyone ever encountered this?

The set up of buses depends on the race and is different depending on what run (i.e. point A to point B like Dark Side versus a loop with roughly the same start/end like Marathon Weekend) that being said, most if not all races are placed so that Disney's transportation is close by. The monorail and park buses may be available at that time if a park opens early enough in which case you may be able to ask a bus driver to drop you off (no guarantee though). That being said buses for 5k races the buses to the race itself generally start running again at 7am until 9am. These buses primarily are used by runners to return to the resorts but could probably be used to take you to the finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter