Do Canadians get a text when their room is ready?

No text but did get an e-mail:

Welcome, Tina!

Don’t forget, if you already have your MagicBand, you can go directly to your room without stopping at the front desk! Our Bell Services team will be available to assist you with your luggage upon arrival.
Your Disney Resort hotel: Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Your Resort area: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Resort Area
Your room number: 7357
Your room location: 3rd Floor Touchdown! Building 7
Click here to view a map of your Resort hotel.

I was really excited because I got it before I even left home! It was a later flight than any I'd taken before.

About to put in the on line check in.There is a spot for a phone number but says US only. Canadian numbers are same as US. I do not expect the agent to know if the area code is Canadian or US. If we will not get a text there is no purpose in entering the number.

About to put in the on line check in.There is a spot for a phone number but says US only. Canadian numbers are same as US. I do not expect the agent to know if the area code is Canadian or US. If we will not get a text there is no purpose in entering the number.

True, but for some reason I feel better knowing they have a way to reach me. Not that it is hard to contact people anymore, but still. If ever Disney needed to contact me while I was out and about, somewhere they would have my number on file.

It would be fairly easy to put in a block to certain area codes to eliminate the extra charges international texts would incur. BUT that's my assumption --- and you know the sort of trouble that causes!
True, but for some reason I feel better knowing they have a way to reach me. Not that it is hard to contact people anymore, but still. If ever Disney needed to contact me while I was out and about, somewhere they would have my number on file.
Just got back and we did in fact receive a phone call to the Canadian cell-phone number that is listed on my account for dining reservations after i sent an email to special diets and they thought a call would be more efficient. So the number is used if they need to :D

We used to always put our number in regardless, but stopped the last several times we did online checkin. I was hoping that without the number, they would automatically email me my room number on check in day. But no. That has never happened.

We used to always put our number in regardless, but stopped the last several times we did online checkin. I was hoping that without the number, they would automatically email me my room number on check in day. But no. That has never happened.

It only happened to me the one time. It was exciting to get an e-mail telling me what my room number was... as I was sitting in the Charlottetown airport!

When we went last year we arrived around 7am, had done online check in well in advance and requested an early check in. When we got there we went in to the early check in desk and they said it'd probably be ready around noon and that we'd receive an email.

We decided to hit up a target near by, and came back to use the wifi in the parking lot. Nothing. It was about 11:30am and we were sitting in the parking lot with 3 kids, so I decided I'd take them for a walk around the resort to check it out. Once I got closer to the buildings I checked my emails again, and there it was. and email from 10:30 saying our room was ready. Unfortunately due to the poor signal in the parking lot we didn't get it right away.

Long story short, we ended up getting an email.

Out of curiosity, what are the scenarios people have tried for check-in? Did you try entering their mobile phone numbers and/or email in online check-in? Did you have magic bands already or did you need to pick them up?

When we went last year, staying at BLT, we received our room-ready email. We had magic bands shipped to our NF, NY mailbox and picked them up prior to our flight down. Our email came when we were on the DME on our way to the resort

For our upcoming trip in a few weeks, we are doing a similar scenario. We are picking up magic bands before heading to the airport. This time, I've added my mobile number and email. I'll report back what happens.

When I'm asked for a number to text, I always ask them to email me since no matter how many times I'm told they would text, I've never received it. I have, however, received the email notification.

Didn't get a text but did get an email while on our layover during our last trip.

We got an email but no text. If I remember correctly I was told by a CM that Canadians usually don't receive a text because it would cost Disney more money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter