Do Christmas decorations still mean Christmas music everywhere?

Silock

DIS Veteran
Hey all! I haven't been to the parks in Nov/December in a really long time. We really enjoy the decorations, but the last time we went, after about day 2, we were REALLY sick of the Christmas music everywhere in all the parks (soooo repetitive) and we missed the regular background loops. Do they still replace all the background loops with Christmas music as long as all the decorations are up? Or do they only play it in certain places until it gets really close to Christmastime?

Do they still replace all the background loops with Christmas music as long as all the decorations are up? Or do they only play it in certain places until it gets really close to Christmastime?

The music follows the decor.
If the area has Christmas decor, that area has Christmas music.

If the area is not decorated, it likely won't have Christmas music.

Last edited:
We were there October 28th - November 5th and a lot of the Christmas decorations went up in the MK on November 2nd or 3rd (can't remember exactly). And there was Christmas music playing on Main Street, but normal music throughout the rest of the park. DHS had decorations on November 1st and I don't remember Christmas music there.

Sorry if you don't like it OP, but yes, the music is there. I absolute LOVE it. Then again, during Xmas season, I can...and sometimes do...listen to Xmas music 8-10 hours per day.

Sincerely,
Clark W. Griswold

You serious, Clark? I LOVE Christmas music. I stalk Sirius XM each year in preparation for when they start playing their Christmas stations.

Hey all! I haven't been to the parks in Nov/December in a really long time. We really enjoy the decorations, but the last time we went, after about day 2, we were REALLY sick of the Christmas music everywhere in all the parks (soooo repetitive) and we missed the regular background loops. Do they still replace all the background loops with Christmas music as long as all the decorations are up? Or do they only play it in certain places until it gets really close to Christmastime?

December 11-22 last year, Christmas music EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME. Can get a bit boring, TBH...

I didn't find the Christmas music to be as prevalent in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. There was still "regular" park music being played in the various lands. When we went it December it was all the time, everywhere.

There was Christmas music everywhere when we were there Dec 17-20, but I guess that's to be expected.

I loved it, but what I did in preparation for my first Disney Christmastime was to back off of the holiday cheer stuff here at home in the time leading up to the trip. Normally I'm in full Christmas mode here at home by Black Friday, and I stay that way until the day after Christmas. But because I wanted the "Christmasy" atmosphere at Disney to really blow my hair back, I purposely went easy at home. I mean, I put the tree up and decorated a little, but I didn't have the music playing 24/7 and I wasn't watching Christmas movies and specials, etc. I saved it up for Disney.

It made the trip distinct. I wanted to be immersed in the Christmasphere, and I was! Everything looked, smelled, and sounded like Christmas. Well, except it was 80 degrees and I was swimming. In fact, that may be the only place I didn't hear Christmas music...at the pool during the "pool party" games.

This year, Christmas decorations and music in the Magic Kingdom didn't end until Wed January 10th.

Having been there since Dec 28th, I was ready for it to be done at that point.

We were there the week after New Years, and there were still Christmas decorations and music everywhere. Normally this is a problem for me, since hearing Christmas carols that soon after the holiday is over can be a tad depressing. Not sure why, I just feel like I'll stagnate in a pool of melancholia if I don't look ahead and move on with the year. But I was at the happiest place on earth, so I could deal with it. The only complaint came from DS, and only when Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer played. He would remind us yet again that he is not "INTO" Rudolph anymore. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter