Do Commando Families Drive or Take Disney Transportation?

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful answers. You all brought up good points and helped me realize that I prefer the control of driving to the parks (except for MK which we'll be able to walk to). Can't believe we're less than a month out to the start of our trip!

Staying onsite and we drive. We have our car anyway. I can't imagine waiting anytime when I don't have to wait on my car.

Seriously though, what do you race? DH does SCCA.

I run in a series called 24 Hours of LeMons. I did a lot of autox with the SCCA many years ago, but actual competitive road racing with them is far outside of my budget.

We have always driven and love it, but we also have a son w/special needs and a large special needs stroller and medical supplies. that being said, in recent years it has been more and more difficult to get to MK for rope drop. The monorails open later and the ferry can be quite slow. We make fold up the stroller and try it for MK this year and see how it goes that one day.

We usually have a car but use Disney transportation 90% of the time. I wouldn't consider a car a requirement but rentals can be pretty cheap in Orlando. May be worth it for some added convenience.

I don't understand why the decision to use Disney transportation or not would be based on what you're wearing or not wearing. Unless there is a rule that I am unaware of . . . :P

I run in a series called 24 Hours of LeMons. I did a lot of autox with the SCCA many years ago, but actual competitive road racing with them is far outside of my budget.

Tell me about it:rolleyes: Crack might be a better and cheaper hobby:rotfl2:

If I am heading to AK from BC for 8am rope drop, how far in advance should I leave?

I consider myself a commando - rope drop, hopping, etc. Pretty much exclusively use Disney buses and find they are more than adequate 95% of the time. I like to let someone else do driving. We don't have to fight over who will be the designated driver. The A/C is already in full effect. I can use the bus time to book FPs or ADRs, check email, etc. The only time I've used a cab is going from resort to resort after a late meal or drink.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter