• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do Disney charge for amending hotel bookings?

finmummy

Earning My Ears
I have been reading the small print have booked hotel with DDP and tickets for next year but now need to extend by one extra night, but could either move start date back by a day or add another night at the end, does Disney charge for this? The cost should either stay the same if we if move it back a day or if not we will be adding an extra night. Thanks for any help.

I have been reading the small print have booked hotel with DDP and tickets for next year but now need to extend by one extra night, but could either move start date back by a day or add another night at the end, does Disney charge for this? The cost should either stay the same if we if move it back a day or if not we will be adding an extra night. Thanks for any help.

Not sure if it is different for UK bookings, but for US bookings you are not charged a change fee as long as you are at least 45 days from arrival. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Hi there,

We've just done this tonight!

If the value of your booking goes down, you will be charged £50 amendment fee. If the value stays the same or increases, there is no amendment fee.

They were super helpful about it too, so glad we booked directly through Disney.

Rachel

as per WDTC-UK terms and conditions

If your package does not include flight, any amendment made less than 56 days before departure will be treated as a cancellation (loss of deposit and need to book new package)

if it does include flight, the time limit goes up to 70 days

you don't get amendment fees if the cost of your package goes up as a result of your amendment. So basically adding a day will make your package more expensive, so amendment fees should be waived

This :thumbsup2

So basically adding a day will make your package more expensive, so amendment fees should be waived

I did it with our last two trips - I booked a night less than we wanted on purpose so that if flight prices were better for different dates, I could shift the booking dates and add the extra night or nights at the same time, thereby waiving the amendment fee. Both times, no problems, as quoted by chmurf in WDTC terms and conditions. One extra day - enjoy :cool1:

Not sure if it is different for UK bookings, but for US bookings you are not charged a change fee as long as you are at least 45 days from arrival. Good luck!:thumbsup2

Yeah, unfortunately it's a bit different here and the moment you pay that deposit (which is non refundable no matter how far out you cancel/make changes) you are bound by the terms and conditions and there is a fee as described above. Sucks, I know :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter